Predestination. True or false?

Predestination. True or false?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
The Scriptures dive cited aren’t just a raft, they’re robust as well.

They’re a robust raft of Scripture.
Thanks PB, I very much truly appreciate your support on this.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
If you’re a poor orphan who’s adopted into a wealthy and loving family, do you stop saying “Thank you” to your new father when he does things for you?

Do you stop saying you’re sorry when you do something wrong?

Do you stop asking him for help when you’re in trouble?

Just because you’re part of the family doesn’t mean you no longer show gratitude and remorse and ask for help.
No I'm not saying not o pray. I'm speaking about the predestination and what that means if it were true. It is fine to pray to God and thank him everyday. But if one believes that predestination is true, that all we do, when we are born and when we die is predestined. One really can't believe in both because it doesn't work that way.
Predestination is what it is. If one is predestined to die on a certain date, then no amount of prayer to God will stop it. Right?
If one rides a motorcycle without a helmet even though if the gets into a crash they will probably die because of not wearing that helmet, they will probably say: "Well if it's my time too die then so be it". But if they pray for protection of their life when they ride there is really no need to if they believe in predestination. No prayer will change anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

In Ephesians 1:5 I personally out more emphasis on the phrase "in Him".

"Even as He chose us . . . IN HIM . . . before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us untp sonshjip . . . through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will . . . "

I am not saying I fully understand predestination. But I am saying I like emphasize that "in Him we are God's choice. And "in Him" a destiny of sonship is secured before the creation of the universe.

"IN HIm" our destiny has beem marked out.

" . . . He graced us in the Beloved." (v.6)

In Christ is all this blessing. Outside of Christ there is not this blessing.
In the sphere and realm of Christ is the destiny secure.

Many have tried to reconcile predestination and free will. I don't think anyone on this side of eternity future may be able to do so. I cannot. But the pragmatic thing to do is be "in Him". And He is willing to receive us.

We should enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Thanks PB, I very much truly appreciate your support on this.
And I very much appreciate your robust rafts of Scripture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
No I'm not saying not o pray. I'm speaking about the predestination and what that means if it were true. It is fine to pray to God and thank him everyday. But if one believes that predestination is true, that all we do, when we are born and when we die is predestined. One really can't believe in both because it doesn't work that way.
Predestination is what it is. If one ...[text shortened]... y ride there is really no need to if they believe in predestination. No prayer will change anything.
But I think the Holy Bible demonstrates that God responds to prayer.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But I think the Holy Bible demonstrates that God responds to prayer.
Of course he does. Thank goodness. But if one is predestined to die a week away then no amount of prayer would work, right? If you have been in those plans to die for eons of time you have no chance to be saved from that, according to predestination laws. Right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Of course he does. Thank goodness. But if one is predestined to die a week away then no amount of prayer would work, right? If you have been in those plans to die for eons of time you have no chance to be saved from that, according to predestination laws. Right?
I don’t believe in predestination to the extent you appear to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

God not only responds to prayer. There things He will not do unless prayer from men on earth have sought them. He waits for man to agree with His desired will and ASK Him to fulfill it.

Sometimes He even exhorted His people to "command" Him concerning His will.

Isaiah 45:11 - " Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him,

Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, And concerning the work of My hands, command Me "

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t believe in predestination to the extent you appear to.
No I don't believe in it at all. But just interesting in seeing how ones who do, try to explain it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
No I don't believe in it at all. But just interesting in seeing how ones who do, try to explain it.
Where’s dive with another robust raft of Scripture when we need him?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And I very much appreciate your robust rafts of Scripture.
Here to help 👍🏼

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Where’s dive with another robust raft of Scripture when we need him?
None needed.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Some biblical references to help with your unbelief Galveston75:

Ephesians 1:4-5
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory

Revelation 13:8
And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 22

@sonship said
In Ephesians 1:5 I personally out more emphasis on the phrase "in Him".

"Even as He chose us . . . IN HIM . . . before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us untp sonshjip . . . through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will . . . "

I am not saying I full ...[text shortened]... to receive us.

We should enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.
Not because you can quote the scripture means that you are part of the group selected and predestined for eternal life. Nobody knows who is and who is not predestined so the whole issue is irrelevant.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Some biblical references to help with your unbelief Galveston75:

Ephesians 1:4-5
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he ...[text shortened]... been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain
How do we know who is called and who is chosen and who is neither.
I suspect nobody knows.