Pretending

Pretending

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Jun 11

Originally posted by josephw
Why do you never say "there is no God"?

But I don't want to be timed out. I want to play the game out regardless of how long it takes me to get back to the game. I hate timers. Part of the joy of playing is analyzing the board. Sometimes I spend a total of two hours finding just the right move.

I did try challenging you again with the 3 day time out, ...[text shortened]... ged my setting to accept more games.

I won't play unless you promise not to time me out.
I never say "there is no god" because I don't think it is possible to know whether there is a god. It seems unlikely, but there's no way I could know that.

I'm going away for the weekend. Send me a message next week and we'll set something up. If you promise not to use up your time bank then I promise I won't time you out. 3/14, how does that sound?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jun 11

Originally posted by rwingett
I never say "there is no god" because I don't think it is possible to know whether there is a god. It seems unlikely, but there's no way I could know that.

I'm going away for the weekend. Send me a message next week and we'll set something up. If you promise not to use up your time bank then I promise I won't time you out. 3/14, how does that sound?
Would you believe there is a God if you knew for sure that Jesus rose from the dead?

Okay. I'll send a message over next week sometime. If I go over the time limit, then it's my loss, no hard feelings. I don't have hard feelings anyway. 😉

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Jun 11

Originally posted by josephw
Would you believe there is a God if you knew for sure that Jesus rose from the dead?

Okay. I'll send a message over next week sometime. If I go over the time limit, then it's my loss, no hard feelings. I don't have hard feelings anyway. 😉
Possibly, but I don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead. I think that's even more improbable than the existence of a god. Unless, of course, you interpret Jesus rising from the dead as being purely metaphorical.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
30 Jun 11

Possibly, but I don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead. I think that's even more improbable than the existence of a god. Unless, of course, you interpret Jesus rising from the dead as being purely metaphorical.
Vampire time if you ask me. If Jesus did rise from the dead I bet he did not do it in his physical body. Did he not pass through walls and things of that nature ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jun 11

Don't know what you think you'd see that you don't now to show God is real?
Unless you think you must see God to believe, in which case there is nothing
anyone can say or anyone could show you that would dispell your unbelief than.
Kelly

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Jun 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
Don't know what you think you'd see that you don't now to show God is real?
Unless you think you must see God to believe, in which case there is nothing
anyone can say or anyone could show you that would dispell your unbelief than.
Kelly
I'm not sure what would convince me either, but I'm sure an omniscient god would.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jun 11

I'm not sure what would convince me either, but I'm sure an omniscient god would.
You must have some idea, since you've declared what you see now isn't what
you think you should see.
Kelly

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
30 Jun 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
No. The statement I made is true. I'll write it again with an emphasis so you'll see the sense of it:

"And I [b]suspect
that anybody who tells you they 'know' the truth, whatever that truth is, is lying, mistaken or deluded."

I can assure you that I do know what I suspect. Obviously I don't know if my suspicion is true, but then, I never claimed otherwise.[/b]
I suspect that many adherents of scientific procedure are like ostriches burying their necks in sand and refusing to even consider that Faith might throw light on issues which do not belong to the realm of science.

T

Moves
30 Jun 11

Originally posted by buckky
Are we all just pretending to have some vague knowledge about an area of life none us know anything about ? The Christian poser, and the atheist poser both claiming to have the scoop. When it comes to religion it's all a game of speculation. Only subjective experience that can't be verified is what keeps people like myself hanging around the subject. We can a ...[text shortened]... if help is to be had. If help is not to be had then we move in another direction. Who knows.
To me, unless a way is found that includes the reality and the sheer necessity of confusion as well as clarity, of evil as well as good, of darkness as well as light, one will always end up back in the mire, trying to pretend there is no such thing as mud.

The "breakthrough" is achieved by returning to one's inner "subjective" view, the only one that we can ultimately live with, to mind and its inner gateways to the Greater and recognising the "complete view", which is perfect, not because it contains no impurity, but because it does and must for the completeness, balance and greater harmonising and victory to manifest.

As this insight is only achieved subjectively, the attempt to mould the external world to other than what it is, in all its "good" and "bad" aspects (however we define those), is fruitless. To give this fruitless quest up and go within, is an ancient advice. No-one has and never did have or never will have, the definitive "final scoop", you must find your own "scoop" within.

If you do, share it without imposing, for it may help another to find their own uniqueness, that will be their own "scoop". Part of this wondrous mystery of existence is that we are all One, yet all totally and utterly unique. There is no other exactly like "you" in all of manifested existence, past, present or future. This is a link to the "Divine" in you and each one of us. We create confusion, error and ignorance by doing the opposite, by NOT seeing the Divine in others and in the natural world about us, in NOT seeking the greater embracing harmony and seeking to exclude, exploit and separate. The extreme nightmare end of that path becomes a "holocaust" of one form or other. But even nightmares do not escape beyond the Great Completeness and there is always an inner healing way back.

As each one heals and transforms within, automatically society and the wider world experiences that too, but also vice versa. It is a choice we must each make, in the living present moment of our life. Do not abandon compassion, especially for those that are different to you, who may even be lost and damaged. "Save" one and you are doing your greatest bit for the Universe.

This is as I see it at present.

Namaste.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
30 Jun 11

Originally posted by Taoman
To me, unless a way is found that includes the reality and the sheer necessity of confusion as well as clarity, of evil as well as good, of darkness as well as light, one will always end up back in the mire, trying to pretend there is no such thing as mud.

The "breakthrough" is achieved by returning to one's inner "subjective" view, the only one that we c ...[text shortened]... bit for the Universe.

This is as I see it at present.

Namaste.
I think you are right on buddy. Pure consciousness is the basis for everything. Without living that reality you must be slightly pinched or really pinched, and frustration, and non-enlightenment takes the place of reality. We all wear our mask pretending we have it all together when it's obvious were fake, and pretending to be what society wants from us. Enlightenment is no small attack, but it just might be the only attack that will work.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jun 11

Vampire time if you ask me. If Jesus did rise from the dead I bet he did not do it in his physical body. Did he not pass through walls and things of that nature ?
Supposedly his body vanished and he moved a boulder out of the way in order to get out of his tomb.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 Jul 11

Physical body and all. He even let Thomas touch the holes the nails made. He also needed to eat--something vampires rarely if ever do.😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 11

Upon His resurrection Jesus had a glorified body made incorruptable
without blood to provide life as our body needs and apparently with
greater capabilities than our bodies have.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Does he also come with a cape wearing his underpants outside his trousers?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Where in the bible does it say all of this?