1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 11:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    'I'm not in the slightest bit homophobic, honest?!'
    oh Noobster dont take it like that, i was only making fun!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 11:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh Noobster dont take it like that, i was only making fun!
    And that makes it okay?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 11:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    And that makes it okay?
    ok here we go, i have prepared my mind for your lecture.........
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 11:44
    I knew already that you're a homophobe. That didn't surprise me.
    Are everyone in the cult of yours homophobic? Or are one or another following the words of Jesus too?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 12:08
    I don't have the time or inclination to give you a lecture Rob.

I find it slightly ironic this topic reared it's head in this thread.

Problems with Jehova's witnesses

I don't need to say anything else.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 12:29
    firstly we are not a cult, never have been a cult, have no charismatic leader other than Jesus Christ, and our meetings are held in public, advertised publicly, through a public ministry, for members of the public. Get the point?

Actually unless you have a very high moral standard you cannot become one of Jehovahs witnesses, that includes living ...[text shortened]... ont think that you would make the mark Fabian, sorry to disappoint, but standards are standards.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but it is universal acknowledged by every Bible believing evangelical Christian worldwide that the JW's is a cult.

The JW's worship the wrong Jesus. I know. I was one drop of water away from becoming a JW.

But I learned the truth.

Anytime your ready robbie.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I knew already that you're a homophobe. That didn't surprise me.
    Are everyone in the cult of yours homophobic? Or are one or another following the words of Jesus too?
    first of all i have already addressed the issue of the false allegation of being a cult, secondly, in order for one to be a homophobe, one needs to have a fear, which cannot be the case, for the only thing we fear is God himself, sorry to disappoint you gain Fabs, but your 'biting on granite here'.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:181 edit
    first of all i have already addressed the issue of the false allegation of being a cult, secondly, in order for one to be a homophobe, one needs to have a fear, which cannot be the case, for the only thing we fear is God himself, sorry to disappoint you gain Fabs, but your 'biting on granite here'.
    So if you fear god more than you fear gays, then you must be a godophobe...? Are everyone in your cult like that?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:192 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Sorry to disappoint you, but it is universal acknowledged by every Bible believing evangelical Christian worldwide that the JW's is a cult.

The JW's worship the wrong Jesus. I know. I was one drop of water away from becoming a JW.

But I learned the truth.

Anytime your ready robbie.
    i have stated reasons why we cannot be considered as a cult, perhaps if you addressed the reasons rather than the usual 'this is universal opinion masquerading as truth', it might be more beneficial to your case. obviously Jehovah saw something in you and rejected you from becoming a witness, for you need to be honest, hungry for truth and humble enough to be teachable, as i cannot read the inclinations and the motivations of your heart, i can only speculate as to which one of these you failed upon! if you are ready to assert that Christ is God Almighty, then it must be honesty, for no one can come, to the scriptures with an honest objectivity and state that Christ is God Almighty, no one.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:20
    So if you fear god more than you fear gays, then you must be a godophobe...? Are everyone in your cult like that?
    perhaps you can tell the difference between a reverential fear and a phobia, ?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:24
    perhaps you can tell the difference between a reverential fear and a phobia, ?
    You fear both with an irrational reason. I fear neither. Who is most healthy? You phobes, or us others?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 13:291 edit
    You fear both with an irrational reason. I fear neither. Who is most healthy? You phobes, or us others?
    no, if i step up to the side of a tall building, knowing that if i defy the natural laws of gravity, and stepping off shall descend to the earth at a speed of roughly ten meters per second, is it irrational to want to avoid transgressing the laws of gravity? in fact its this healthy and perfectly rational fear of dying that prevents us stepping off. Thus it is the same with the great and wondrous Law Maker himself, who put these inherent laws within our universe, both physical and moral, for our safety. therfore it would seem that you phobes of phobes are in a very precarious position!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 14:16
    My Christmas tree is so big and so high in the air, I've heard from at least 144,000 Jehova's Witnesses that I should not have such pagan symbols in my house.

Edit: Woops, wrong thread. Carry on.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 14:24
    no, if i step up to the side of a tall building, knowing that if i defy the natural laws of gravity, and stepping off shall descend to the earth at a speed of roughly ten meters per second, is it irrational to want to avoid transgressing the laws of gravity? in fact its this healthy and perfectly rational fear of dying that prevents us stepping off. ...[text shortened]... our safety. therfore it would seem that you phobes of phobes are in a very precarious position!
    Read your answer once more and find five errors...
    Perhaps then you'll excuse us for laughing.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    While I respect the JW's here are problems.

1. Denial of who Christ really is namely God.

2. Denial of the Holy Spirit also being God.

3. Believing that abstaining from certain foods or drink will make them holy.

4. Blood issue not being able to comprehend the difference between a blood
    transfusion and actually eating or drinking blood. t and
    can be proven.

8. I can go on & on but I think the point is made.

Manny
    I'm not even going to get into this as none of you are wanting to see that just maybe we have progressed with the truths of the Bible just as was fortold and by those looking for the truth and ridding ourselves of old paganistic beliefs.
    We do not use blood in anyway because the Bible is very clear on God's rules on forbidding the use of blood for anything.
    We don't even come close to the meaning of a cult. Our meetings and financial records are open to any to see that.
    So as usual the attacks will always come from ones like yourselves which again is the fulfillment of scripture. Thank you for that....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree