1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 00:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    When we talk about the beginning of time, that is like only a setting of a local clock in reference to a possibly infinite universe outside our own, perhaps an infinite number of other universes, each with it's own starting time, which could be billions or trillions of years behind us, older universes having gone through its entire life cycle, however that turns out to have happened.
    Didn't you see that assume made as ass out of me? And if you don't stop, it will make an ass out of u too.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 11:28
    Originally posted by CLL53
    For those that doubt what can be created in a day, read up on what happened at the very creation of the universe (i.e., the "Big Bang", which does not conflict with creation belief in the slightest). In a tiny fraction of a second (10**-43) the entire stage was set. Given that level of creation, one cannot imagine all that was/is possible in a day.
    A man may imagine things that are false but he can only understand things that are true. (Isaac Newton)
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 13:481 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Didn't you see that assume made as ass out of me? And if you don't stop, it will make an ass out of u too.
    Of course you would assume that, since you have no actual interest in real science but in fact there are new objective measurements of the MBR that suggests our universe was bumped several times by other universes outside of our space/time, like there might be say a 5th dimensional 'skin' around our universe and other universes that keeps them separate.

But like a room full of balloons that have say fresh ink on the surface, when the balloons bump into each other they leave a circular trace on the other balloons. That may in fact be what is happening to our universe but in a higher dimensional sense.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 15:24
    Of course you would assume that, since you have no actual interest in real science but in fact there are new objective measurements of the MBR that suggests our universe was bumped several times by other universes outside of our space/time, like there might be say a 5th dimensional 'skin' around our universe and other universes that keeps them separate.
    ...[text shortened]... oons. That may in fact be what is happening to our universe but in a higher dimensional sense.
    how long were you able to resist until you had to come back and get your "mock the ignorant" fix?

the first step in fixing your problem is admitting there is a problem
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 15:503 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    how long were you able to resist until you had to come back and get your "mock the ignorant" fix?

the first step in fixing your problem is admitting there is a problem
    I TRIED to go legit. They keep pulling me inπŸ™‚

I have limited my self to one toke a dayπŸ˜‰
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 00:13
    I TRIED to go legit. They keep pulling me inπŸ™‚

I have limited my self to one toke a dayπŸ˜‰
    well, it's true that he is the only show in town. so i guess it can't be that bad as long as you are realizing what you are getting.

me, personally, i don't like comedy where people get mocked for their stupidity. it's just isn't funny for me.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 05:19
    ...[text shortened]... oons. That may in fact be what is happening to our universe but in a higher dimensional sense.
    Sounds like science fiction to me. Why don't you submit it for Star Trek?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 15:24
    Are you one of those women libbers? Did you know that the only kind of books women are interested in are checkbooks? So you better keep an eye on yours.
    This is abominable.

You'll pardon me if I ignore anything else you write in this forum until the unlikely event of you pulling your head out of your ass.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 15:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is abominable.

You'll pardon me if I ignore anything else you write in this forum until the unlikely event of you pulling your head out of your ass.
    Good luck on that one.
  10. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 16:00
    "Proof the Earth is about 6000 years old:
    YouTube
    A modern young David slaying the Goliath of evolution.
    Therefore, the theory of evolution is false. "

I'm not sure why I bother...but... you've got to be kidding.
    Is this kid serious? No wonder the USA is falling sharply behind the rest of the modern world in science and mathematics. I gues I'm not surprised by the fact that I see fewer and fewer interview candidates for CS positions where I work from the USA and more from CHina and India!

The USA is a nation of illiterate, reality-show, video-gaming, phony-christian junkies.
    RJHinds I suggest you get down on your knees and ask God for forgiveness - for you are indeed spreading lies and half-truths about the Bible.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 21:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is abominable.

It was just a joke. Can't you laugh at yourself?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 01:29
    It was just a joke. Can't you laugh at yourself?
    Funny, you seem to be the only one laughing.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 02:011 edit
    Funny, you seem to be the only one laughing.
    That is because the Holy Spirit tickles me. He he ha ha πŸ˜€
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 14:31
    That is because the Holy Spirit tickles me. He he ha ha πŸ˜€
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    I wonder if you have ever actually walked around in say, the Rockies, or walked up the caves at Qumran or walked up Masada or seen the formations, felt them with your hands, the roiled up, bent, carved, volcanic island crunched up like taffy that is Vancouver island or seen the water hole on Andros Island or walked on a glacier in Alaska or seen the icecream cone mountains of Thailand up close like I have, look at all than and still convince yourself it all happened in 6000 years.

I think it unlikely you have actually seen any of these things for yourself like the mountains around Nimrod's Fortress in northern Israel the magnificent folding, the incredible scarfs, the erosion of the sides of the hills in Jordan or swimming in the dead sea, you do all of those things like I have, you might have a different viewpoint in your incredibly unimaginative life.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 14:54
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    "Proof the Earth is about 6000 years old:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72h2R4FO0k
    A modern young David slaying the Goliath of evolution.
    Therefore, the theory of evolution is false. "

I'm not sure why I bother...but... you've got to be kidding.
    Is this kid serious? No wonder the USA is falling sharply behind the rest of the modern world in scien ...[text shortened]... sk God for forgiveness - for you are indeed spreading lies and half-truths about the Bible.
    Not that anyone would make a hasty generalization about a whole nation based on one teenager's Youtube video... πŸ˜•

(And no, he wasn't serious.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree