1. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24000
    19 Mar '10 19:442 edits
    Premise:

    e^(i*pi)=-1

    Logic leading to the conclusion:

    1.) Assume e^(i*pi)=-1. That -1 looks almost like a -7. Ergo, we can say that e^(i*pi)=-7.

    2.) But 7 rhymes with heaven! Therefore heaven must exists!

    3.) But heaven is where god exists. If heaven exists, god must exist.

    4.) Combing #3 + #4 = god exists!

    My logic is infallible.
  2. Joined
    20 Feb '10
    Moves
    29738
    19 Mar '10 20:21
    Ok God, You have convinced me.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    19 Mar '10 21:57
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Premise:

    e^(i*pi)=-1

    Logic leading to the conclusion:

    1.) Assume e^(i*pi)=-1. That -1 looks almost like a -7. Ergo, we can say that e^(i*pi)=-7.

    2.) But 7 rhymes with heaven! Therefore heaven must exists!

    3.) But heaven is where god exists. If heaven exists, god must exist.

    4.) Combing #3 + #4 = god exists!

    My logic is infallible.
    if i tell you you aren't funny, will you assume that religious folks have no sense of humor and only a superior intellect can grasp your joke?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24000
    20 Mar '10 02:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if i tell you you aren't funny, will you assume that religious folks have no sense of humor and only a superior intellect can grasp your joke?
    No, I'll simply cover my ears, scream lalala, and continue operating under the assumption that I am hilarious. And brilliantly correct.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Mar '10 03:091 edit
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Premise:

    e^(i*pi)=-1

    Logic leading to the conclusion:

    1.) Assume e^(i*pi)=-1. That -1 looks almost like a -7. Ergo, we can say that e^(i*pi)=-7.

    2.) But 7 rhymes with heaven! Therefore heaven must exists!

    3.) But heaven is where god exists. If heaven exists, god must exist.

    4.) Combing #3 + #4 = god exists!

    My logic is infallible.
    But if you take the cotangent of your logic and multiply it by the square root of your premise, they cancel each other out.

    Wait a second, I am a theist, I should be trying to help you. Curses, foiled again!! 😠
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    20 Mar '10 19:163 edits
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Premise:

    e^(i*pi)=-1

    Logic leading to the conclusion:

    1.) Assume e^(i*pi)=-1. That -1 looks almost like a -7. Ergo, we can say that e^(i*pi)=-7.

    2.) But 7 rhymes with heaven! Therefore heaven must exists!

    3.) But heaven is where god exists. If heaven exists, god must exist.

    4.) Combing #3 + #4 = god exists!

    My logic is infallible.
    1.) Assume e^(i*pi)=-1...
    Assuming a fact...ok...
    1)...That -1 looks almost like a -7
    Does it bollox!!! -1 looks like a tap. Ergo e^(i*pi) =-1 looks like a tap
    2.) But 7 rhymes with heaven! Therefore heaven must exists!
    correcting your mistake above, "tap" rhymes with "cr*p" Therefore cr*p exists in your whole post
    3.) But heaven is where god exists. If heaven exists, god must exist.
    We have shown thus far your argument (particularly at #2) contains cr*p,; hence you cannot deduce #3 from #2
    4.) Combing #3 + #4 = god exists!
    self referencing statement.

    Your logic 0 - utter nonsense 1

    🙂
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24000
    20 Mar '10 19:311 edit
    So you have deduced that such arguments are utter nonsense. Interesting.

    /sigh. I have given you the proof. It's sad when you shine the light right into people's eyes, yet they refuse to see it.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    20 Mar '10 19:39
    Originally posted by amolv06
    So you have deduced that such arguments are utter nonsense. Interesting.

    /sigh. I have given you the proof. It's sad when you shine the light right into people's eyes, yet they refuse to see it.
    So you have deduced that such arguments are utter nonsense
    I wouldn't go that far... replace "such" with "my"

    🙂
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24000
    20 Mar '10 20:35
    Now you're just hatin' cause I've seen the light.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    20 Mar '10 20:45
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Now you're just hatin' cause I've seen the light.
    I don't hate you

    🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    20 Mar '10 21:34
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Now you're just hatin' cause I've seen the light.
    Okay, we've had a good chuckle from your joke. Now on a little more serious vain.

    How do you know that reasoning leads to truth ?
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24000
    20 Mar '10 22:27
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Okay, we've had a good chuckle from your joke. Now on a little more serious vain.

    How do you know that reasoning leads to truth ?
    I never made this claim, nor do I think it invariably does.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    21 Mar '10 02:132 edits
    Originally posted by amolv06
    I never made this claim, nor do I think it invariably does.
    So then if your formula actually did prove the existence of God we would have to base that belief on a kind of faith that reasoning can lead to truth.

    Undergirding your formula is an underlying "faith" that mathematical reasoning can lead to truth.

    But we cannot prove that it does.

    Of course the Bible doesn't wait for you to have to realize that. It tells you right up front that this truth about God's existence is known by faith.

    Or faith PLUS God's faithfulNESS.
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    21 Mar '10 02:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So then if your formula actually did prove the existence of God we would have to base that belief on a kind of faith that reasoning can lead to truth.

    Undergirding your formula is an underlying "faith" that mathematical reasoning can lead to truth.

    But we cannot prove that it does.

    Of course the Bible doesn't wait for you to have to realize t ...[text shortened]... ruth about God's existence is known by faith.

    Or faith PLUS God's [b]faithfulNESS.
    [/b]
    "It tells you right up front that this truth about God's existence is known by faith."

    Now hold on there brother. It seems to me that Romans 1 makes it clear that creation is proof of God's existence.

    At least that's the way I see it, but I would like to hear your reply.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    21 Mar '10 02:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"It tells you right up front that this truth about God's existence is known by faith."

    Now hold on there brother. It seems to me that Romans 1 makes it clear that creation is proof of God's existence.

    At least that's the way I see it, but I would like to hear your reply.[/b]
    I might be wrong.
Back to Top