1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '19 04:52
    @rajk999 said
    Prayers from cult members like you, who have openly condemned Gods people and Gods religion as organisations of Satan, will fall on deaf ears.
    I take it you have never openly condemned any people who go to church then?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '19 23:341 edit
    @Philokalia

You did a wonderful job outlining your position more, Son!

Thanks Philokalia. But I'm supposed to be a notoriously BAD teacher here, you know ?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 18:411 edit
    @dj2becker said
    I agree with the following quote and would like to have your views on the matter:

“If we are to accept the teaching of Jesus at all, then the only test of the reality of a man's religion is his attitude to his fellow men. The only possible proof that a man loves God is the demonstrated fact that he loves his fellow men.” -- William Barclay

An addition it could be said that anyone who claims to love God yet hates his brother is a liar.
    Thank you for the quotation. Mr. Barclay is one of my favorite expositors, and just recently I have been thinking of getting the "Barclay Study Bible" just for the sidebar content.

Yes, I agree with the quotation and sometimes think of the general principle when professing Christians seem not to love their enemies or even the beggar in the parking lot.

But another side of this is: Who are we to judge (e.g., to call someone a liar or a hypocrite)? I think this is also part of the narrow gate.

I'm jumping straight from the OP to this response, but will review the rest of the thread later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree