Proof that you love God

Proof that you love God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 May 19

@sonship

You need to cease the cowardly practice of getting on people backs if they don't respond immediately as if you have somehow overpowered someone with your argument (when in reality the person is no longer logged into the site). Dive isn't around at the moment. Be patient, not disingenuous.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Precisely sir.

He admits that his assertions are speculation and is unwilling to provide any biblical basis for them. Instead, he brazenly asks for evidence they are unbiblical.

It's like me speculating Moses was left-handed, and instead of providing biblical support for this, asking instead that people show evidence that he wasn't left-handed.
Lol.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
The lost will glorify him in their endless woe ... they will be hung in chains of punishment as a deterrent to those on other worlds

Prove that the above sentence contradicts the Bible.
Aliens on other planets observing eternal suffering is not in the Bible, period.

I’m beginning to wonder if you are entirely mentally stable sonship.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 May 19

@sonship said
I'll give you a half an hour.
Oh dear I seem to have missed your bizarre deadline; what will happen to me now?

F

Moves
21 May 19

@sonship said
prove that future punishment of the lost is in no way a deterrent.
Torment in burning flames for eternity isn't a deterrent to non-believers because, in the absence of even one scintilla of evidence that it is real, one is therefore supposed to believe it is being conducted in complete secrecy.

Can the people 'on other worlds' see the burning dead people being tortured and hung out on chains?

No, they can't.

Can I? No. In fact, no one can.

It's just in your imagination sonship.

So, how is it a deterrent then?

And, furthermore, there would be no moral purpose in carrying out the hung-out-burning-on-chains things on non-believers after they die if its attempt at coercion had not worked while those non-believers were alive due to the fact that it was not believable.

So what is the far-fetched threat of "future punishment" for?

It certainly is not a deterrent.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Aliens on other planets observing eternal suffering is not in the Bible, period.

I’m beginning to wonder if you are entirely mentally stable sonship.

The lost will glorify him in their endless woe ... they will be hung in chains of punishment as a deterrent to those on other worlds

THAT is what you accuse me of writing out of your dishonest imagination.
THIS is what I wrote:
The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

While you're contemplating "mental stability" explain your lying about what I actually wrote.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 May 19
3 edits

In the mean time you get an all around F for failure:

Did divester handle this ?

1. Divegeester should show that there is no such thing as "the lost".

Nope.
Not even with a little help from his friends.

Did Divegeester handle this?

2.) Divegeester should show there is NO "endless woe" for the lost.

Nope.

Did Divegeester do his job to handle this?

3.) Divegeester must prove that God does not intend that such lost will bring any glory to Himself.

Nope. He didn't even try.

I thought surely he'd tackle this one, a pretty easy one:

4.) Divegeester must prove no such thing as "hung out in chains" pertains to the lost.

Nope. Couldn't deal with that either.
Did Divegeester show this is totally not in the Bible?

5.) Divegeester must prove that future punishment of the lost is in no way a deterrent.

NO! He's depending on you to not like it to count instead of him showing its unbiblical.

Did Divegeester deal with this ??

6.) Divegeester must prove no such thing as "other words" is possible in that coming age.

NO! He lied to twist my words "deter other worlds" to match his imagination "a deterrent to those ON other worlds."

F - Even with a little help from his friends.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 May 19

@dj2becker
Sorry dj2becker.

Time to turn the thread back to the OP.

I agree with the following quote and would like to have your views on the matter:

“If we are to accept the teaching of Jesus at all, then the only test of the reality of a man's religion is his attitude to his fellow men. The only possible proof that a man loves God is the demonstrated fact that he loves his fellow men.” -- William Barclay

An addition it could be said that anyone who claims to love God yet hates his brother is a liar.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
While you're contemplating "mental stability" explain your lying about what I actually wrote.
It’s not in quotation marks because I knew you would try to deflect from your strange beliefs and the point of the exchange here by quibbling over the exact working.

Furthermore I picked you up a couple of days ago when you twice “quoted” me in a post and both quotes were things I have never said. You didn’t apologise for “lying” as you call it, then.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

THIS is what I wrote:
The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.
Can the aliens on these other worlds see the lost being hung in chains of woe?

How does the billions of lost souls being in endless woe glorify Jesus?

S. Korea

Moves
22 May 19

Not my question...

But the criminal's head on a pike scares criminals and, thus, in an abstract sense, serves a purpose as a warning, does it not, Dive?

Thus the logic seems pretty wound: any action which affirms God also glorifies God, and this could be said of a very wide variety of things.

Perhaps everything.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19

@philokalia said
But the criminal's head on a pike scares criminals and, thus, in an abstract sense, serves a purpose as a warning, does it not, Dive?
Thus the logic seems pretty wound: any action which affirms God also glorifies God, and this could be said of a very wide variety of things.
Depicting the invisible non-evidenced eternal burning alive of billions of people as putting “a criminals head on a spike” as a way of supporting sonships bizarro beliefs about aliens on other planets being deterred (from something) and the lost glorifying Jesus as the metaphorical “heads on spikes”...has to be one of the most revolting notions to ever come out of an alleged Christians mind.

Do you ever stop to think about what you post?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

Unbelievable!

Posters here should remember this day, this thread, when a professed Christian introduced the notion of the lost being the metaphorical “heads on spikes” warning to non Christians.

F

Moves
22 May 19
2 edits

@philokalia said
But the criminal's head on a pike scares criminals and, thus, in an abstract sense, serves a purpose as a warning
With the torturer god ideology, there is no "head on a pike". There is only some inexplicably demented violence in the imagination of some religionists.

If the eternal torment in flames was occurring, then it would be being carried out in complete and utter secrecy and therefore plays no role as a deterrent to non-believers. That would be nonsense beyond parody - although Dr Strangelove touched upon it.

Torturer god ideologues like sonship aren't issuing a credible "warning" about anything; they are simply describing an incoherent and depraved moral darkness that happens to appeal to their imaginations.

Christians have no "heads on a pikes" to show anyone. Thousands of years; no evidence of it whatsoever.