1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '19 08:20
    @philokalia said
    But, yes, if you do not believe in an objective right & wrong and/or just believe in some subjective set of values that you determine... then, of course, the only way to post at all is how you see fit.
    All the Christians here post as they see fit and do so in accordance with their subjective values.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 08:27
    @suzianne said
    I say that if someone requires "proof" from me of my love for God, then they can just pound sand.

I don't have to justify myself before men. Mouths can lie, the heart does not.
    No one should think they require to prove their love for God to anyone. However if someone claims to love God but doesn’t love their neighbor they’re probably lying.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 May '19 09:24
    @dj2becker said
    No one should think they require to prove their love for God to anyone. However if someone claims to love God but doesn’t love their neighbor they’re probably lying.
    I do not see it as an "either/or". Apparently, neither did Jesus:

"Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." - Matthew 22:36-40 KJV

Both are required, but there is no shortage of those who do one but not the other. Likewise, there are many that claim to do both, yet do neither.

But it is also not my position to judge. I require no "proof".
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 09:59
    @suzianne said
    I do not see it as an "either/or". Apparently, neither did Jesus:

"Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two co ...[text shortened]... claim to do both, yet do neither.

But it is also not my position to judge. I require no "proof".
    Agreed.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 13:03
    @divegeester said
    In the title of your OP, or are you personally excluded from your premise and the quote you made?
    The title says nothing about proving myself to anyone.

Do you think that it’s possible to love God and not love your neighbor?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:36
    @dj2becker said

Do you think that it’s possible to love God and not love your neighbor?
    Based on the attitudes of many Christians toward the impoverished, providing equal healthcare to all, the LGBT community, etc., the answer for such Christians is "Yes".
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:43
    @dj2becker said
    You just don’t get it do you?
    It’s ok if you can’t reply to my posts, no need to start this sort of Galveston75ish commentary.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:44
    @suzianne said
    I say that if someone requires "proof" from me of my love for God, then they can just pound sand.

I don't have to justify myself before men. Mouths can lie, the heart does not.
    Dj2becker seems to want to talk about “proof” when it is neither required nor needed. It’s a bit of an odd thing.

I agree with you by the way.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:45
    @dj2becker said
    If no one should be required to provide proof then what is the proof for?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:45
    @dj2becker said
    Ok so who is the proof for?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:471 edit
    @divegeester said
    It’s ok if you can’t reply to my posts, no need to start this sort of Galveston75ish commentary.
    Well if you did get it you would have realized the title of the thread is just of few of the words of the quote shared in the OP and it’s not like it’s aimed for/at someone specific.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:49
    @divegeester said
    If no one should be required to provide proof then what is the proof for?
    It could be for an individual analyzing their own love for God.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:51
    @divegeester said
    Ok so who is the proof for?
    Whoever is looking for proof.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:53
    @thinkofone said
    Based on the attitudes of many Christians toward the impoverished, providing equal healthcare to all, the LGBT community, etc., the answer for such Christians is "Yes".
    If the love of God is in you, you will help the poor.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:53
    @dj2becker said
    Whoever is looking for proof.
    But you said no one was required to provide “proof”, no should feel like they have to provide “proof”.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree