1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:03
    Can't do it can you? Only humans could come up with a system so cruel. Cruelty is a major aspect of humanity, would not think a deity would be that cruel. A deity capable of breathing in an entire universe would have much bigger things on its mind than punishing so-called errant humans.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:14
    The immoral notion/threat of angry, vengeful, demented punishment lasting forever even after you die because of the content of your thoughts, is all about the wielding of power and influence by humans here on earth while alive, and ~ the human condition being what it is ~ that is why humans conjured it up from the darkest, most depraved recesses of their imagination.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:451 edit
    Sometimes you run into a thread that's so obviously a dead end that the OP has already closed it and saved everyone the bother. 😛
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:501 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Sometimes you run into a thread that's so obviously a dead end that the OP has already closed it and saved everyone the bother. 😛
    The dead horse was there to be flogged. So I flogged it. 😵
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:50
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    My question is "why the caveat 'without the bible'?" .... I mean, it's not like the bible actually
    qualifies as evidence for anything supernatural, in fact quite the opposite.
    The bible is evidence for the man made and fictional nature of hell.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A deity capable of breathing in an entire universe would have much bigger things on its mind than punishing so-called errant humans.
    When I was young, those around me who claimed to speak authoritatively of or for this deity ~ the one capable of breathing life into an entire universe who ought to have had big things on His mind ~ seemed to be convinced that the deity was dead set against masturbation.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 01:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    When I was young, those around me who claimed to speak authoritatively of or for this deity ~ the one capable of breathing life into an entire universe who ought to have had big things on His mind ~ seemed to be convinced that the deity was dead set against masturbation.
    http://www.atheist-meme.com/observable-universe---dont-masturbate.php
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 01:43
    Can't do it can you? Only humans could come up with a system so cruel. Cruelty is a major aspect of humanity, would not think a deity would be that cruel. A deity capable of breathing in an entire universe would have much bigger things on its mind than punishing so-called errant humans.
    Easy, go to any cemetery, and there you go. That's... Hell/Sheol/Grave/Hades.
    That's all it means in the bible. Look it up, not difficult at all.
    And all that have died, theists and atheists, are still there, and will remain there until Jesus returns.
    Death is the punishment, so to avoid it choose life, and when Jesus returns you will be resurrected to eternal life, the rest will suffer the second death and be no more.
    That is the truth about the Hell issue in a nutshell.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 03:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Death is the punishment, so to avoid it choose life, and when Jesus returns you will be resurrected to eternal life, the rest will suffer the second death and be no more.
    "Punished" for what?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 03:221 edit
    The Gate to Hell Has Been Found

YouTube

They drilled into hell ! WHAT !!! shocking sounds from beneath the earth

YouTube

Scientific Proof That Hell Exists

YouTube
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 03:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Punished" for what?
    Maybe I used the wrong word, choose life not death.😉
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 03:311 edit
    Maybe I used the wrong word, choose life not death.😉
    This is little better than a bumper sticker "idea".

I am interested, as you know, in the "torturer God" ideology, and I realize that you don't share that ideology. But you do seem to be a proponent of some kind of 'punisher God'. If you believe that "sins" have been forgiven by the actions of Jesus [retrospectively and preemptively, yes?], what are humans "punished" for? Are they "punished" for what they think ~ their supposedly incorrect thoughts ~ is that it?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 03:42
    Prove the Big Bang without science, prove evolution without science?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 04:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is little better than a bumper sticker "idea".

I am interested, as you know, in the "torturer God" ideology, and I realize that you don't share that ideology. But you do seem to be a proponent of some kind of 'punisher God'. If you believe that "sins" have been forgiven by the actions of Jesus [retrospectively and preemptively, yes?], what are humans "pu ...[text shortened]... for? Are they "punished" for what they think ~ their supposedly incorrect thoughts ~ is that it?
    Just my opinion mind you, but I believe sin has been satisfied at the cross for all willing to receive it..
    Sin is still in us and it leads to death. That is why I say choose life. A person needs to receive the grace of God through Jesus to live. Don't, and it is the same as choosing death. No, i don't believe God is a punisher.
    I think he just looks to see if Christ is in you or not. If not, again, that is choosing death.
    We all die, but as I said, those with Christ will be resurrected to life, those with out Christ will die a second death.
    Those that have Christ will become "like him". The alternative is death.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 13:45
    Easy, go to any cemetery, and there you go. That's... Hell/Sheol/Grave/Hades.
    That's all it means in the bible. Look it up, not difficult at all.
    And all that have died, theists and atheists, are still there, and will remain there until Jesus returns.
    Death is the punishment, so to avoid it choose life, and when Jesus returns you will be resurrected ...[text shortened]... l suffer the second death and be no more.
    That is the truth about the Hell issue in a nutshell.
    I am interested in this concept/belief... could you elaborate a little with some references from the bible Thanks, PM if you wish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree