1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 15:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Prove the Big Bang without science, prove evolution without science?
    In other words, the bible is just as valid as any aspect of any science.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 15:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can't do it can you? Only humans could come up with a system so cruel. Cruelty is a major aspect of humanity, would not think a deity would be that cruel. A deity capable of breathing in an entire universe would have much bigger things on its mind than punishing so-called errant humans.
    Prove hell exists. Without the bible.

Are you suggesting the Bible can prove hell exists?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:32
    Can't do it can you? Only humans could come up with a system so cruel. Cruelty is a major aspect of humanity, would not think a deity would be that cruel. A deity capable of breathing in an entire universe would have much bigger things on its mind than punishing so-called errant humans.
    I suppose it depends on your definition of hell.

There are children being crucified by ISIS on crosses. There are gays being thrown off the roof tops in the Middle East for being gay. There are unborn infants who try to evade the surgical instruments of abortion doctors before being snuffed out and used as spare parts. There is no doubt new posters who are reading through the spirituality forums with their eyes ready to bleed etc.

Hell is suffering, and there be a lot of it to go around.

Should the next life be different?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:35
    Clearly you have never been to Bideford.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 17:401 edit
    To the direct question posed by the title of this thread -

Prove hell exists. Without the bible.

My personal answer would be I couldn't.

Furthermore I really couldn't PROVE it exists with the Bible either. I think I could give a good set of evidence that we are on the right track to believe that Hell exists.

And by "hell" I am referring to its more vernacular understanding as a place of punishment after physical death.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 18:00
    Originally posted by sonship
    To the direct question posed by the title of this thread -

[b] Prove hell exists. Without the bible.

My personal answer would be I couldn't.

Furthermore I really couldn't PROVE it exists with the Bible either. I think I could give a good set of evidence that we are on the right track to believe that Hell exists.

And by "hell" I am referring to its more vernacular understanding as a place of punishment after physical death.[/b]
    Is prison a punishment? Do you suppose they like being raped everyday?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 18:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is prison a punishment? Do you suppose they like being raped everyday?
    Yes, prison is punishment.
    No, the circumstances that go along with prison life are not a daily enjoyment.

What is your point in asking me?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 18:38
    Prove anything without the evidence it does.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 20:24
    Prove anything without the evidence it does.
    The bible is a mixture of fabrication and hearsay evidence - inadmissible in the Court of Sonhouse.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 20:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The bible is a mixture of fabrication and hearsay evidence - inadmissible in the Court of Sonhouse.
    This is twu,vewy twu.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Punished" for what?
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 21:08
    The book of revelations says the world is about to end.
    But it has been saying that since it was written over 2 thousand years
    ago.
    Its as true now as it was then.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 23:58
    In other words, the bible is just as valid as any aspect of any science.
    Evidence is evidence, and so I'd say yes. A compilation of 66 different books written
    over a span of 1500 years, by 40 different authors is something I think is worth a
    look. Not something I take for data in a lab, but written history is used as evidence
    from time to time.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 10:26
    Evidence is evidence, and so I'd say yes. A compilation of 66 different books written
    over a span of 1500 years, by 40 different authors is something I think is worth a
    look. Not something I take for data in a lab, but written history is used as evidence
    from time to time.
    So I choose 26 authors who have written 2 novels and 14 authors who have
    written a single novel ... and I bind them all together in a BIG BOOK andI have ... ?

What exactly?

66 different books written by 40 different authors!

MUST BE WORTH A LOOK 🙄
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 10:31
    prove kepler's laws of planetary motion. but you can't use math of any kind.

prove X murdered Y but you can't use the video surveillance that absolutely proves X murdered Y.

you can't restrict someone in a debate. you can argue on the merits of his evidence but you can't tell him to make his point without it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree