Prove the Shroud of Turin a Fake

Prove the Shroud of Turin a Fake

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
15 Mar 13
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Apparently it makes sense to the scientific researchers.

P.S. It does not make sense to you because you are ignorant of the facts.
Did you try the simple experiment I suggested? Did you even imagine what the outcome might be if you did?

What facts do you imagine I'm ignorant of?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Did you try the simple experiment I suggested? Did you even imagine what the outcome might be if you did?

What facts do you imagine I'm ignorant of?
All the simple experiments have already been done and dismissed as not the way the Shroud of Turin was produced. Here is one fact I believe you are ignorant of pertaining to the Shroud:

http://blogcritics.org/scitech/article/scientists-determine-the-shroud-of-turin/

Here is more I believe you are ignorant of:

http://www.shroud.com/

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
15 Mar 13

I challenge you atheists to prove the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo to be fake Christian relics and then I will stop posting my so-called nonsense on RHP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqoAef9VHA
I'm a Christian and think the Shroud of Turin is simply a cloth that someone was buried in. I don't need artifacts to justify my faith.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
15 Mar 13

All the simple experiments have already been done and dismissed as not the way the Shroud of Turin was produced. Here is one fact I believe you are ignorant of pertaining to the Shroud:

http://blogcritics.org/scitech/article/scientists-determine-the-shroud-of-turin/

Here is more I believe you are ignorant of:

http://www.shroud.com/
None of which address the issue I have raised and which you continue to ignore.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by bill718
I'm a Christian and think the Shroud of Turin is simply a cloth that someone was buried in. I don't need artifacts to justify my faith.
Well said.

Be ready though; the retardation here knows no bounds...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Mar 13

None of which address the issue I have raised and which you continue to ignore.
Okay, here is a presentation of the facts, if you have time to consider them.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
15 Mar 13

Okay, here is a presentation of the facts, if you have time to consider them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76wLDo87uE
Hah, I bet you haven't watched that one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Mar 13

Hah, I bet you haven't watched that one.
Yes I did watch it and a lot more. That is why I am not ignorant of the facts like you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by divegeester
In terms of the evidence, yes I agree it could be either way.

But, I do think you are discounting that scripture which says it is 2 pieces (in terms of the Turin shroud that is).
And I pointed out that there could be two pieces.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Mar 13

Yes I did watch it and a lot more. That is why I am not ignorant of the facts like you.
Kindly indicate therefore at what point during the two-hour program they deal with the lack of distortion in the image.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
And I pointed out that there could be two pieces.
The evidence of the Shroud of Turin shows that the beaten and crucified man, probably Jesus, was layed on it lengthwise and then the linen was folded over from the feet to cover the entire front of the body to include the head. It is not two pieces, but only one piece. The New Testament does not use the words "two pieces" so that would be speculation and not fact as we know it. It is not clear from the Greek text, if the writer is referring to multiple Shroud linens or one linen. It can be translated either way. However, there was another linen napkin or face cloth, called the Sudarium that was also in the tomb. That is believed to be the Sudarium of Oviedo, Spain.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Mar 13

Originally posted by divegeester
But, I do think you are discounting that scripture which says it is 2 pieces (in terms of the Turin shroud that is).
I find this hilarious. You can explain away all the contradictions in the Bible, all the evil, all the madness, all the magic etc, but you can't handle something as simple as a missing face cloth?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Mar 13

The evidence of the Shroud of Turin shows that the beaten and crucified man, probably Jesus, was layed on it lengthwise and then the linen was folded over from the feet to cover the entire front of the body to include the head. It is not two pieces, but only one piece. The New Testament does not use the words "two pieces" so that would be speculation and n ...[text shortened]... he Sudarium that was also in the tomb. That is believed to be the Sudarium of Oviedo, Spain.
Can't do it, eh RJ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 13

The evidence of the Shroud of Turin shows that the beaten and crucified man, probably Jesus, was layed on it lengthwise and then the linen was folded over from the feet to cover the entire front of the body to include the head. It is not two pieces, but only one piece. The New Testament does not use the words "two pieces" so that would be speculation and n ...[text shortened]... he Sudarium that was also in the tomb. That is believed to be the Sudarium of Oviedo, Spain.
well, it seems that the two people more at odds here are you and dive, not him and me.

Thanks for the recap. Not sure it was necessary, but thanks anyways.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I find this hilarious. You can explain away all the contradictions in the Bible, all the evil, all the madness, all the magic etc, but you can't handle something as simple as a missing face cloth?
Still representing your opinions as fact? (evil, madness, etc. )