1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 20:33
    I challenge you atheists to prove the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo to be fake Christian relics and then I will stop posting my so-called nonsense on RHP.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 20:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I challenge you atheists to prove the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo to be fake Christian relics and then I will stop posting my so-called nonsense on RHP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqoAef9VHA
    Prove it is a fake what, exactly?
  3. England
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 20:59

RJ... STOP trying.... base your faith on the words of god and jesus. ive seen many trinkets [the chians of peter and the foreskin of christ, the wood of the cross] do you need this??
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    RJ... STOP trying.... base your faith on the words of god and jesus. ive seen many trinkets [the chians of peter and the foreskin of christ, the wood of the cross] do you need this??
    Yes, when the Pope decided to allow the Shroud of Turin to be examined by scientists, the purpose was to determine if the Shroud of Turin was a fake burial cloth of Jesus. That has yet to be done, because the scientist who did the dating tests were too stupid to ensure the cloth they tested was the actual linen from the Shroud of Turin. It was not discovered until after the tests had been done at 4 different laba that they had been testing cotton fibers dyed to look old like the linen of the Shroud.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 00:051 edit

I'd say they either are christian relics or they are not. You don't need a scientist to determine which, you just have to ask a christian. I did that and he said "yes, they are christian relics if you happen to be a catholic christian". So there you have it, they are not fake relics.

Unfortunately that doesn't determine whether or not they have been in contact with anything vaguely godlike at any point in the past. For that you probably want a god to admit to wearing it at some point as I am not aware of any scientific test for being in close proximity to a deity at some time or another.

Just out of interest, what if the scientists rerun the tests and give a date that is more than 6000 years old?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 00:57
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Just out of interest, what if the scientists rerun the tests and give a date that is more than 6000 years old?
    That would prove that Jesus was wearing it prior to Creation numbnuts!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! 😏
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 01:17
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I'd say they either are christian relics or they are not. You don't need a scientist to determine which, you just have to ask a christian. I did that and he said "yes, they are christian relics if you happen to be a catholic christian". So there you have it, they are not fake relics.

Unfortunately that doesn't determine whether or not they have been in con ...[text shortened]... t, what if the scientists rerun the tests and give a date that is more than 6000 years old?
    It would mean the scientists are still stupid. 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 04:472 edits
    If people here accept that these items are genuine "christian relics" will you then stop posting "your nonsense"?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 04:55
    It would mean the scientists are still stupid. 😏
    So you are not willing to accept scientific proof. What sort of proof are you looking for?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 06:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are not willing to accept scientific proof. What sort of proof are you looking for?
    I will accept logical and reasonable proof from anyone that is not stupid or does not have his head up his arse. 😏
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 07:01
    I will accept logical and reasonable proof from anyone that is not stupid or does not have his head up his arse. 😏
    If non 'head-up-arse' non 'stupid' people here accept that these items are genuine "christian relics" will you then stop posting "your nonsense"?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 07:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If non 'head-up-arse' non 'stupid' people here accept that these items are genuine "christian relics" will you then stop posting "your nonsense"?
    What nonsense is that?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 07:27
    So you believe all scientists are stupid with their heads up their arses'?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 07:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you believe all scientists are stupid with their heads up their arses'?
    I did not say anthing about scientist there.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 08:29
    I did not say anthing about scientist there.
    You said that if a scientist produced proof that contradicted your beliefs, then you would not accept the proof and conclude that the scientist is stupid.
    I asked for clarification and your response was that you will only accept proof from someone who is not stupid or does not have his head up his arse.
    So must I now conclude that your objection was not that they were scientists, but that their proof contradicts your beliefs?
    So essentially you simply wont accept any proof that contradicts your beliefs.
    So if you believe the Shroud of Turin is genuine, then you will not accept any proof that contradicts this.
    So why did you bother even asking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree