1. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 May '07 18:212 edits
    YouTube

I think this is part of it. Maybe not? I don't have time to check it all out at this time.

enjoy! lol...

You can watch the debate on ABC News Now on May 9 at 2 p.m., and it will also be available on the "Nightline" page at ABCNews.com.
    "Nightline" will air a segment that same night at 11:35 p.m ET.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 May '07 20:12
    Let's look at Kirk Camron's opening statement:

Hi, I'm Kirk Cameron and my partner and I Ray Comfort come to you tonight not as molecular biologists or rocket scientists, but simply as an author and an actor, and we want to do two things that fly in the face of convention. One, we'd like to show you that the existence of God can be proven, 100 percent, absolutely, without the use of faith. And secondly, as a former atheist myself -- an evolutionist -- I want to pull back the curtain and show that the number one reason that people don't believe in God is not a lack in evidence, but because of a theory that many scientists today believe to be a fairytale for grownups.

First they state what they wish to do. And then they start talking about how Evolution is false, not on topic at all. Also, the claim that many scientists believe it to be untrue is horribly incorrect. And this is just the intro.

Highlights include:
    - Irreducible Complexity as an argument for God
    Disproven previously on many occasions.

- The Universe must have a creator just like the Mona Lisa had a painter
    This is a horrible analogy.

- Rambling about the Commandments
    These are in the Bible and therefore offlimits and also he never actually made a point he just called everyone sinners and liars and horrible people.

And this is just from the highlights. The real hilarity will likely come from watching the full "debate" (in quotes because Ray Comfort couldn't debate his way out of a paper bag printed all over with logical fallacies). Anyone know where I can find a copy?
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 May '07 22:47
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-rKiGJrcNw

I think this is part of it. Maybe not? I don't have time to check it all out at this time.

enjoy! lol...

You can watch the debate on ABC News Now on May 9 at 2 p.m., and it will also be available on the "Nightline" page at ABCNews.com.
    "Nightline" will air a segment that same night at 11:35 p.m ET.
    Just seen the videos. The first that I saw was 13 minute of segments with Rational Response Squad captions added. Very interesting. Quite comical really.

The second one I found on the NightLine page and was just one clip of an audience member asking about cancer, the response to which relied entirely on the Bible so can be discounted from their 'proof'. They failed to address that point or any other that I saw.

Is there a link to the entire 90 minute 'debate' anywhere? I'd like to see more than just highlights that could have been extracted to reflect a particular viewpoint.

--- Penguin.
  4. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Just seen the videos. The first that I saw was 13 minute of segments with Rational Response Squad captions added. Very interesting. Quite comical really.

The second one I found on the NightLine page and was just one clip of an audience member asking about cancer, the response to which relied entirely on the Bible so can be discounted from their 'proof'. T ighlights that could have been extracted to reflect a particular viewpoint.

--- Penguin.
    Looks like there are more videos coming out. I found Face-off - Does God exist with a ton of parts. Looks like it is a direct feed off of what was shown on ABC. check it out. It's all on youtube.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 May '07 20:281 edit
    I found some stuff on ABC. Could have been 90 mins total though in pieces.

Overall, I'd say that the atheists were doing a fine job of letting the xians make fools of themselves in the first half. Later, however, the xians trotted out all manner of ridiculous fallacies and the atheists didn't handle them well. I think by the end the atheists looked mean-spirited.

Now as far as intellectual substance the xians were beat after the first minute. After all they were supposed to prove that their god exists, scientifically, without making use of the Bible or faith, but Ray Comfort was already trotting out "the Bible says so" in his introduction.

So in summary . . . pretty dull. Having seen multiple episodes of "The Way of the Master" or better coined "Christian apologetics for people even dumber than Christian apologists" I didn't expect anything special.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree