Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you asking me if I would feel I had the right to - say, for example - torture human beings for eternity for not believing I existed? Answer: no. It seems repugnant and grotesque. I created my children: I do not have the right to torture them or murder them or put head-exploding fungus in them.
No I think you misunderstood, I did not mean if you conceived a child. If you were God and you created us, upon what moral grounds could you as God, not decide the fate of your creation?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
In order to justify the punishment.
What gave you the impression that ants were punished?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
No I think you misunderstood, I did not mean if you conceived a child. If you were God and you created us, upon what moral grounds could you as God, not decide our fate?
No I have not misunderstood. I have already answered this question. The additional comment about my children simply served to illustrate my moral thinking.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

What gave you the impression that ants were punished?
KellyJay's comments. Take it up with him.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
No I have not misunderstood. I have already answered this question. The additional comment about my children simply served to illustrate my moral thinking.
Ok so based upon the subjective moral opinions of FMF, God's actions would be grotesque if he decided the fate of his creation, I get that. From my perspective, God, the author and sustainer of life, can give it and take it as he sees fit in his infinite wisdom.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Ok so based upon the subjective moral opinions of FMF, God's actions would be grotesque if he decided the fate of his creation, I get that.
Whose moral opinions were you asking me about if not mine?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

From my perspective, God, the author and sustainer of life, can give it and take it as he sees fit in his infinite wisdom.
Well, I have told you before that I think your moral compass is compromised if not broken altogether. Your's is a moral prism resembling that of gangsterism.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Ok so based upon the subjective moral opinions of FMF, God's actions would be grotesque if he decided the fate of his creation, I get that. From my perspective, God, the author and sustainer of life, can give it and take it as he sees fit in his infinite wisdom.
Are you suggesting that what you imagine you would do if you were God is somehow not a "subjective moral opinion", while what I imagine is?

Moves
28 Apr 17

If you had the power and the knowledge to 'create your own creation', would you not have the right to decide their fate?
No.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No.
Why not?

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Why not?
I'm not a control freak and feel morally accountable for my actions.

You?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 17
2 edits

I'm not a control freak and feel morally accountable for my actions.

You?
The "right to" was the question! Do you think others should not be allowed to do with what they will with what they created?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, I have told you before that I think your moral compass is compromised if not broken altogether. Your's is a moral prism resembling that of gangsterism.
So FMFs moral compass is the only one that is working properly and anyone who disagrees with him has a moral compass that is compromised or broken, is that correct?

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How are your words an answer to "What were the ants guilty of?"
Well obviously "ants" wasn't meant to be taken literally...he was referring to all species of crawling insects.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

No.
Who would then?