1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 07:451 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It would be impossible to try certain versions of Christianity and find them wanting. This is because to 'try' them requires unwavering, questioning faith. So if you found it wanting - you didn't try.
    However there are many people (myself included) who have been Christian in the past (lets leave the 'whose a true X X Christian' argument) and found it wan wanting before the trial and since trying requires belief, it becomes impossible for me.
    It would be impossible to try certain versions of Christianity and find them wanting.

Tell that to Telerion...

This is because to 'try' them requires unwavering, questioning faith.

I disagree. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 07:46
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Were you ever set free from the power of sin in your life?
    Yes.
    When I became an atheist.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Yes.
    When I became an atheist.
    In other words, as a "so called Christian" you could not overcome sin, and thus you became an Atheist so that 'sin' no longer exists in your little world that you have created for yourself...

It just shows you never knew the Son of God. When the Son shall set you free you shall be free indeed.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 08:04
    In other words, as a "so called Christian" you could not overcome sin, and thus you became an Atheist so that 'sin' no longer exists in your little world that you have created for yourself...

It just shows you never knew the Son of God. When the Son shall set you free you shall be free indeed.
    No, not in other words.
    In my words, I woke up to the fact that sin was not an issue that I needed to be concerned about. I woke up to the fact that my little Christian world was completely limited - my little atheist world encompasses the entire universe.

There's a part of the Anglican/Catholic service that goes something like - 'Lord I am not worthy, but only say the word and I am yours ...'
    Like bloody hell I'm not worthy.
    I woke up to the fact that I am worthy, very worthy.
    As is every single human being on this planet.
    I woke up from the oppression that is Christianity.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 09:47
    Tell that to Telerion...
    Does Telerion claim to have tried every possible version of Christianity?

I disagree. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
    I said 'certain' versions, not your version.

Interestingly your version appears impossible too as some of us apparently cant hear.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 09:50
    No, not in other words.
    In my words, I woke up to the fact that sin was not an issue that I needed to be concerned about. I woke up to the fact that my little Christian world was completely limited - my little atheist world encompasses the entire universe.

There's a part of the Anglican/Catholic service that goes something like - 'Lord I am not worthy, ...[text shortened]... very single human being on this planet.
    I woke up from the oppression that is Christianity.
    So you prefered not to part with your pride?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 09:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does Telerion claim to have tried every possible version of Christianity?

[b]I disagree. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

I said 'certain' versions, not your version.

Interestingly your version appears impossible too as some of us apparently cant hear.[/b]
    There is only one genuine artifact, there are plenty of counterfeits.

If it has failed you, you can be sure you tried out one of the counterfeits.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:00
    The notion that if you failed, then it wasn't the right Christianity is the biggest pile of horsesh;t I've heard in ages. Before it failed, the people concerned, myself included had no notion of what constituted failure or success. Many of us sought god with an open and true heart, which according to the likes of you dj2becker, is the only way to approach god and by doing so he will not disappoint you. The fact that he has disappointed many leaves us with two options; 1 - that he doesn't exist, or 2 - that you need a secret frickin decoder ring before you start, regardless of the approach being in good faith. Where in the bible does it say that seeking god is like some cryptic bloody crossword?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    The notion that if you failed, then it wasn't the right Christianity is the biggest pile of horsesh;t I've heard in ages. Before it failed, the people concerned, myself included had no notion of what constituted failure or success. Many of us sought god with an open and true heart, which according to the likes of you dj2becker, is the only way to approach aith. Where in the bible does it say that seeking god is like some cryptic bloody crossword?
    The Bible says that if you seek Him with all your heart, He will be found of you.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:10
    The Bible says that if you seek Him with [b]all your heart, He will be found of you.[/b]
    And pray tell me, keeper of the secret codes, what defines all one's heart?
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:10
    So you prefered not to part with your pride?
    No, I'm happy to part with my pride, just not in some mindless pursuit of self flagellation ...
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:21
    And pray tell me, keeper of the secret codes, what defines [b]all one's heart?[/b]
    I would say, without any reservations.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:23
    No, I'm happy to part with my pride, just not in some mindless pursuit of self flagellation ...
    Realizing your own sinfulness is hardly self flagellation.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:25
    I would say, without any reservations.
    And what makes you think that this is not how I, or Tel, or any massive number of people approached god?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:351 edit
    And what makes you think that this is not how I, or Tel, or any massive number of people approached god?
    There are plenty of indications that would make me think so.

I believe 'Religion' is one of the greatest tools that Satan uses to deceive people.

There is a wall of sin that separates us from God. May I ask if you parted from your sin when you were seeking God? And if so, how did you go about doing this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree