1. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 10:39
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    There is only one genuine artifact, there are plenty of counterfeits.

If it has failed you, you can be sure you tried out one of the counterfeits.
    I'm sure you saw this coming, but my conclusion was that they are all counterfeits. I also don't have time in one lifetime to try out all the billions of different artifacts to see which one is genuine. One would think that the genuine article would stand out just a little.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 11:21
    There are plenty of indications that would make me think so.

I believe 'Religion' is one of the greatest tools that Satan uses to deceive people.

There is a wall of sin that separates us from God. May I ask if you parted from your sin when you were seeking God? And if so, how did you go about doing this?
    There you go with your secret frickin decoder ring again. You are suggesting that, in order to approach god, we must know a particular process by which we can achieve a certain state of approach. Jesus didn't say that! He just said with all your heart.

I prayed for resolution to my conflicts, peace of mind and forgiveness for my sin. I was confirmed into the Christian faith and did so with all my heart. That Jesus has not found the time or energy to fulfil his side of the bargain is a matter of deep shame to me now.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 11:51
    Originally posted by Starrman
    And what makes you think that this is not how I, or Tel, or any massive number of people approached god?
    Maybe because you did not find God?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 11:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I'm sure you saw this coming, but my conclusion was that they are all counterfeits. I also don't have time in one lifetime to try out all the billions of different artifacts to see which one is genuine. One would think that the genuine article would stand out just a little.
    It does not logically follow that all are counterfeits. The word counterfeit implies that there is a genuine artifact.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 11:552 edits

There you go with your secret frickin decoder ring again. You are suggesting that, in order to approach god, we must know a particular process by which we can achieve a certain state of approach. Jesus didn't say that! He just said with all your heart.

I prayed for resolution to my conflicts, peace of mind and forgiveness for my sin. I was confirmed into the Christian faith and did so with all my heart. That Jesus has not found the time or energy to fulfil his side of the bargain is a matter of deep shame to me now.

The first words of Christ were "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

Without repentance you cannot experience the power of God in your life.

Being confirmed into the Christian faith is absolutely meaningless if you do not repent from your sins.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:00
    [b]

I prayed for resolution to my conflicts, peace of mind and forgiveness for my sin. I was confirme ...[text shortened]... aven is at hand."

Without repentance you cannot experience the power of God in your life.
    What is the other choice apart from "the Kingdom of Heaven"?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:04
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    What is the other choice apart from "the Kingdom of Heaven"?
    Either you enter the Kingdom of God or the kingdom of Satan.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:11
    Maybe because you did not find God?
    Hindsight and nothing more. The fact that I did not find god is not indicative of my failure to seek the right god, but that there is no god.
  9. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:111 edit
    Either you enter the Kingdom of God or the kingdom of Satan.
    Those premitive humans in the deep jungle, who are canibals and never had the opportunity to experience modern civilisation like us urban dwellers; they never knew anything about learning to read, write and count. Hence they never know anything about the bible; and therefore don't know about God and his kingdom. Would these humans end up in the kingdom of satan when they die?

Oh yes, go check out my thread on "Noah's Ark"; that's specially dedicated to you. When God drown all the other humans, I guess he must have drown babies and foetuses also. These infant humans had no chance to know him. So is it fair to say that all of them ended up in the kingdom of satan too?
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:141 edit

I prayed for resolution to my conflicts, peace of mind and forgiveness for my sin. I was confirme irmed into the Christian faith is absolutely meaningless if you do not repent from your sins.
    I repented before I was confirmed and continued to do so afterwards; still no god.
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:15
    Those premitive humans in the deep jungle, who are canibals and never had the opportunity to experience modern civilisation like us urban dwellers; they never knew anything about learning to read, write and count. Hence they never know anything about the bible; and therefore don't know about God and his kingdom. Would these humans end up in the kingdom of s ...[text shortened]... ce to know him. So is it fair to say that all of them ended up in the kingdom of satan too?
    Don't bother, dj's made it clear on previous occasions that they cannot know god and will know satan by default.
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:19
    Don't bother, dj's made it clear on previous occasions that they cannot know god and will know satan by default.
    By default... ahhh... that is a good one.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:25
    Hindsight and nothing more. The fact that I did not find god is not indicative of my failure to seek the right god, but that there is no god.
    The other option of course is that Satan has deceived you into believing that there is no God.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:271 edit
    Those premitive humans in the deep jungle, who are canibals and never had the opportunity to experience modern civilisation like us urban dwellers; they never knew anything about learning to read, write and count. Hence they never know anything about the bible; and therefore don't know about God and his kingdom. Would these humans end up in the kingdom of s ce to know him. So is it fair to say that all of them ended up in the kingdom of satan too?
    The Bible says that the Heavens declare the glory of God. Each person also has a God-given conscience. God can reveal himself to anyone.

God is just. I don't think that he will judge people that are not accountable for their actions.
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 12:27
    OK, let's consider this:

Osama Bin Laden was very pissed with Americans. I guess he had his reasons for feeling that way. To him, Americans are evil; they are no good and must be punished. They must die. So how does Osama achieve his goal? Simple; he hijacked planes and then drove them into the towers. And so the big explosions; and then the whole structure came crumbling down to the ground. American, Chinese, even Arabs and many other races who happened to be at the wrong place and the wrong time fell victim. And yes, even babies and infants lost their lives. So Osama is pleased with himself. The Americans deserved it, he says...

Ages ago a similar event happened. God was so pissed with humans and he decided to kill them all so that he can start afresh. Perhaps most of the humans didn't bother to worship him, you see. So how did he go about achieving his goal? Simple. He told a guy to build a huge boat. Then told him to shelter all the animals in the world in that boat. After that he flooded the entire world and drown the entire world population. All died, except for those in the giant boat. So God was pleased with himself. These no good people deserved to die, even infants.

Question: Who is the psycho, God or Osama?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree