1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 05:20
    ''If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?''

Sarah Palin

(with thanks to SwissGambit whose profile guided me there)
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 09:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ''If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?''

Sarah Palin

wow did she really say that!!! does that mean she thinks we should eat each other as well?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 18:28
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    wow did she really say that!!! does that mean she thinks we should eat each other as well?
    She also said this:

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 21:271 edit

Sarah Palin

What if "God" is made out of Oreo's? You gonna go eat him??
    What a knuckleheaded argument .

Hey Dasa, while your at it, do you think you could tell me why you dont call yourself a 'Hare Krsna' and distance yourself from ISCON?

On the one hand you say that Prahbudda is the most important modern spiritual person, on the other you assert that all the HARE stuff is tainted and does not support your religious views adequately. (Prahbudda started ISCON and the Hares. It is his direct work (that you seem to be shunning).
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 21:47
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-sarah-palin-quotes.htm?PS=482%3A6

a very rich vein!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '12 09:01
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-sarah-palin-quotes.htm?PS=482%3A6

a very rich vein!
    But she is a good looking women. That's good enough for me. 😏
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 14:541 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What if "God" is made out of Oreo's? You gonna go eat him??
    What a knuckleheaded argument .

Hey Dasa, while your at it, do you think you could tell me why you dont call yourself a 'Hare Krsna' and distance yourself from ISCON?

On the one hand you say that Prahbudda is the most important modern spiritual person, on the other you assert that all th ...[text shortened]... rahbudda started ISCON and the Hares. It is his direct work (that you seem to be shunning).
    All I have said in the past about the hare Krsnas is that they were going through some political turmoil and I did not want to associate myself with them until they had soughted it out........That does not mean anything else but that.

I was in the Hare Krsnas for 10 years.

They are still preaching exactly the same Vedic knowledge that Srila Prubhupada had given them in the beginning.........and that is their sole purpose for existing as the Hare Krsna movement today and into the future.

I give all blessings to the Hare Krsnas.

This may be incorrect.......but I think you have mixed up what I have said about the Vedas.

I have said that unless a person knows where to get authentic Vedic knowledge then they should stick with the books of Srila Prubhupada.........and that's a positive endorsement right there for Prubhupada.

There are many pseudo Vedic teachers out there and many pseudo Vedic web-sites as well out there in the world that must be avoided.

Srila Prubhupada is the only person the bring pure devotional service to the West in the form of the Vedic teachings.

Others have tried but they have all failed due to their corruptable and impure ways and their lack of pure devotion to God and their poor fund of true knowledge.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    All I have said in the past about the hare Krsnas is that they were going through some political turmoil and I did not want to associate myself with them until they had soughted it out........That does not mean anything else but that.

They are still preaching exactly the same Vedic knowledge that Srila Prubhupada ha e and impure ways and their lack of pure devotion to God and their poor fund of true knowledge.
    Could you identify what you would regard as the best English language version (or translation) of the most appropriate work of Srila Prubhupada for a complete novice such as myself?

Many thanks
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 18:22

Sarah Palin

Checking to see if our quote is still immortalized, are we? 🙂
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 22:57
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Could you identify what you would regard as the best English language version (or translation) of the most appropriate work of Srila Prubhupada for a complete novice such as myself?

Many thanks
    These two literatures by Srila Prubhupada which he translated from Sanskrit and gave elaborate purports are all you need to acquire to understand true relgion.

The "Bhagavad Gita As It Is."

The Srimad Bhagavatam (18 volumes)

Purchased from the Bhaktivedanta Book trust......in most capital cities or any Hare Krsna Temple or the Hare Krsna Store on-line.

If you want to get reading right away then go to [ www.veda.harekrsna.cz ] and type in the search box "Srimad Bhagavatam"

Also go the www.the harekrsnas.veiws on science.com.au
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 23:05

They are still preaching exactly the same Vedic knowledge that Srila Prubhupada ha ...[text shortened]... e and impure ways and their lack of pure devotion to God and their poor fund of true knowledge.
    So you strive for pure devotion to your god. What about the part that you are alive now, does not living now have any importance to you?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 10:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you strive for pure devotion to your god. What about the part that you are alive now, does not living now have any importance to you?
    In the here and now I am living my religion 24/7 so I may acquire a reasonable level of devotion towards God.

I have been working for 50 years..................like most people.

In my spare time I study the Vedas and chant the names of God.

My days are filled with wonder and happiness.

Living ones life in God consciousness is normal........because I am a spiritual being.

Not living ones life in God consciousness is abnormal.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 11:00
    In the here and now I am living my religion 24/7 so I may acquire a reasonable level of devotion towards God.

I have been working for 50 years..................like most people.

In my spare time I study the Vedas and chant the names of God.

My days are filled with wonder and happiness.

Living ones life in God consciousness is normal........because I am a spiritual being.

Not living ones life in God consciousness is abnormal.
    if you dont mind answering more of my questions could you tell me -

what 'Living ones life in God consciousness' means?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree