1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 13:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Whether argument or discussion, if everyone could have identified what are facts from the Bible and what are opinions resulting from speculation, I bet we would all realize that our core beliefs are very similar.
    Well sure your right but you would have to admit as in this case there is not a clear explination of God's actions and just like in a automobile wreck case, there are not always clear cut facts but there are hints, suggestions, signs, clues, etc, that can lead one to get a picture of possible reasons for this accident. There are not always witnesses to explain the facts.
    So no this is not some serious doctrine and is not going to stop the world from spinning if we don't know but just a point of discussion and trying to understand God's ways. And if nothing else it should answer where Enoch went which was not heaven but instead he was simply saved by God from something he did not want Enoch to experiance. Fair enough?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 14:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well sure your right but you would have to admit as in this case there is not a clear explination of God's actions and just like in a automobile wreck case, there are not always clear cut facts but there are hints, suggestions, signs, clues, etc, that can lead one to get a picture of possible reasons for this accident. There are not always witnesses to e ...[text shortened]... d he was simply saved by God from something he did not want Enoch to experiance. Fair enough?
    Nope .. thats your opinion.
    I have my own opinion.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 16:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nope .. thats your opinion.
    I have my own opinion.
    You got it....
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 17:451 edit
    Well sure your right but you would have to admit as in this case there is not a clear explination of God's actions and just like in a automobile wreck case, there are not always clear cut facts but there are hints, suggestions, signs, clues, etc, that can lead one to get a picture of possible reasons for this accident. There are not always witnesses to e d he was simply saved by God from something he did not want Enoch to experiance. Fair enough?
    This is a very good point it's called inference from the facts. You used the example of an automobile wreck not all of the facts are plainly clear yet you can make inferences from what is seen. Example we could tell from the wreck if it was a head on collision or a broad side hit or if the car in the wreck rolled RIGHT? Well YES we could tell these things from the wreck. (I'm not defending trinintarians but just using the example) Christians using the trinity in scripture seeing it shown by words used and yet the word trinity is never used. This is inference in the same way. The bible does NOT say why God took Enoch except that God was pleased with Him. G-75 I know the bible well I'm not an idiot but I try to get you to think for yourself is all.

Manny
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 18:05
    Originally posted by menace71
    This is a very good point it's called inference from the facts. You used the example of an automobile wreck not all of the facts are plainly clear yet you can make inferences from what is seen. Example we could tell from the wreck if it was a head on collision or a broad side hit or if the car in the wreck rolled RIGHT? Well YES we could tell these things f ...[text shortened]... w the bible well I'm not an idiot but I try to get you to think for yourself is all.

Manny
    I still don't know why you think I don't think for myself comes from. It still baffels me why you think that and why you are so against that there is a group of people, honest people that follows every word that Jesus proclaimed and that we all agree on this just as the Jesus you say you follow described very clearly and in a way all should understand.
    I do not and would not ever follow any man or any fad or any cult period. I am not a fool as you keep implying and I take offence to that accusation.
    I use my mind and my thinking and reasoning ability to the max as you should too but I do not waist my time on man made and paganistic doctrines that can be proved over and over in books, the internet and that just plain research can find and this is a result of me thinking outside the box as you love to refer too.
    If you can ever prove to me that Jesus's words are wrong and that there would not exist a brotherhood that would all love each other no matter where on the planet you might go and that this brotherhood would not be in agreement as you so much disapprove of, then I will walk away from the WTS today.
    I will be waiting for this proof from the Bible that our brotherhood and agreement on all things scriptural is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 05:11
    I still don't know why you think I don't think for myself comes from. It still baffels me why you think that and why you are so against that there is a group of people, honest people that follows every word that Jesus proclaimed and that we all agree on this just as the Jesus you say you follow described very clearly and in a way all should understand. ...[text shortened]... rom the Bible that our brotherhood and agreement on all things scriptural is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok copy and paste

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 05:19
    I still don't know why you think I don't think for myself comes from. It still baffels me why you think that and why you are so against that there is a group of people, honest people that follows every word that Jesus proclaimed and that we all agree on this just as the Jesus you say you follow described very clearly and in a way all should understand. ...[text shortened]... rom the Bible that our brotherhood and agreement on all things scriptural is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!
    I give you a well reasoned and truthful answer and you say I said this or that it's your whole mindset but whatever......dude believe anything you want including that the earth is flat or what have you it's your choice. I really don't want to live in the J-Dub paradise anyway!!!!! I would rather be obliterated out of existence anyway if the J-Dub God were the real and true God crap and crap

Manny
    PS: Yes I'm a nominal Christian
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 09:32
    [b]Here's a thought:

“God Took Him”
    However, Jesus plainly stated: “No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.” Jesus was the “forerunner” of all who ascend to heaven.—John 3:13; Hebrews 6:19, 20.
    Unfortunately for your argument jesus is simply saying you cannot go up unless you have come down. He dos'nt name any names or give any numbers regarding who descended from heaven, maybe we all have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree