1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 05:48
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Would you agree that you also make assumptions that you cannot prove?
    Of course I do. Good grief. What a daft question. It's as if you have never read any of my posts.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 05:52
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Of course I do. Good grief. What a daft question. It's as if you have never read any of my posts.
    Neither have I ever claimed that I can prove the existence of God. It's as if you have never read any of my posts either.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 05:552 edits
    Neither have I ever claimed that I can prove the existence of God. It's as if you have never read any of my posts either.
    I didn't say you did. Indeed, I specifically acknowledged that you conceded that you cannot "prove the existence of God". This is a clear indication that I, in fact, do read your posts.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 05:57
    Originally posted by @vivify
    If you believe that the universe couldn't have been created without a designer, why do you not apply that same logic to God?
    I do
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:36
    I didn't say you did. Indeed, I specifically acknowledged that you conceded that you cannot "prove the existence of God". This is a clear indication that I, in fact, do read your posts.
    By 'concede' you mean I claimed overwise before? 🙄
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:43
    By 'concede' you mean I claimed overwise before? 🙄
    No. Don't be silly. It means that you eventually conceded that you couldn't prove it after insisting for weeks and weeks ~ when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk, if I recall correctly ~ that what you were claiming constituted "objective reality", "universal truths", and "brute facts".
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:53
    No. Don't be silly. It means that you eventually conceded that you couldn't prove it after insisting for weeks and weeks ~ when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk, if I recall correctly ~ that what you were claiming constituted "objective reality", "universal truths", and "brute facts".
    It seems everything I posted went straight over your head. That fact that I believe in objective reality and universal truths doesn't mean that every single thing I believe is a universal truth.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:581 edit
    It seems everything I posted went straight over your head. That fact that I believe in objective reality and universal truths doesn't mean that every single thing I believe is a universal truth.
    Not so. Nothing you have posted has gone over my head. That fact that you unilaterally declare the things you happen to believe ~ when it comes to supernatural phenomena and divine beings ~ to be "objective reality" and "universal truths" and "brute facts" is about as utterly and undisguisedly subjective as you could possibly be.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:26
    Not so. Nothing you have posted has gone over my head. That fact that you unilaterally declare the things you happen to believe ~ when it comes to supernatural phenomena and divine beings ~ to be "objective reality" and "universal truths" and "brute facts" is about as utterly and undisguisedly subjective as you could possibly be.
    Certain truths are objective, do you deny this?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:28
    Certain truths are objective, do you deny this?
    Not when it comes to supernatural phenomena and divine beings.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:29
    Not when it comes to supernatural phenomena and divine beings.
    Why not?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:35
    Why not?
    We've been here before. I must have written 3,000 posts to you about your application of the word "objective" to your superstitious beliefs regarding things you cannot prove ~ regarding things that nobody can prove. Refer to some of those '3,000 posts'. You know my stance on it. You know - full well - my answer to the question "Why not?"
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:382 edits
    We've been here before. I must have written 3,000 posts to you about your application of the word "objective" to your superstitious beliefs regarding things you cannot prove ~ regarding things that nobody can prove. Refer to some of those '3,000 posts'. You know my stance on it. You know - full well - my answer to the question "Why not?"
    Would you agree that fact that you are going to die one day is an objective truth that you cannot prove yet?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:43
    Would you agree that fact that you are going to die one day is an objective truth that you cannot prove yet?
    Dying is a natural thing ~ with countless billions of instances of it occurring to prove that death is an undeniable fact of life. Dying is not a supernatural thing.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 08:15
    Dying is a natural thing ~ with countless billions of instances of it occurring to prove that death is an undeniable fact of life. Dying is not a supernatural thing.
    If it were true that God created the universe that would be an objective fact that we cannot prove at this point in time but we would find this out in the future. The universe exists. The truth of how it got here would be objectively true regardless of what we believed about it at this point in time. In due time we should find out either way. The evidence that points to a Creator is there for everyone to see. You can obviously choose to bury your head in the sand and pretend that it is not there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree