1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    The absence of counterargument in “Whatever” in this context ( i.e. where you still don't answer the question ) indicates “Whatever” means “correct”.
    If that is what you want it to mean. I haven't got the patience to try to figure out what question you think I haven't answered. If 'correct" is a satisfactory answer for you then whatever you like. I don't care anymore.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 10:315 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If that is what you want it to mean. I haven't got the patience to try to figure out what question you think I haven't answered. If 'correct" is a satisfactory answer for you then whatever you like. I don't care anymore.
    . I haven't got the patience to try to figure out what question you think I haven't answered.

you are pretending you are so dumb as to not know. It is the one I repeated again and again; As you know, it is THIS one:

purely hypothetically, IF the Bible ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH AND DID explicitly say that the Earth is millions of years old and DID explicitly say abiogenesis and evolution happened and and life and humans evolved by Darwinian evolution with common ancestor and DID explicitly say the Big Bang theory is correct, would you THEN accept the said scientific evidence for evolution and old-Earth etc as being valid evidence?

This is the question that you are scared to answer thus will not answer.
    Your claim that you have answered it is a lie.

If 'correct" is a satisfactory answer

you are pretending to be totally dumb again. I didn't say “correct" is an answer to a/the question. As you know, I just said:
    “The absence of counterargument in “Whatever” in this context ( i.e. where you still don't answer the question ) indicates “Whatever” means “correct”. “
    so "correct" would mean it is correct that "We all know that you are too scared to answer the question for it would reveal that your religious beliefs are irrational " which was what I said in my post before that one.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 11:122 edits
    . I haven't got the patience to try to figure out what question you think I haven't answered.

you are pretending you are so dumb as to not know. It is the one I repeated again and again; As you know, it is THIS one:

[quote]
    [b]
    purely hypothetically, IF the Bible ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH AND DID explicitly say that the Earth is millions religious beliefs are irrational " which was what I said in my post before that one.
    Oh. I think I understand. You want me to either say yes or no with no other choices, like a lawyer's question. Right?

P.S. Like the Pharisee asked Jesus in order to trick him.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 11:432 edits
    Oh. I think I understand. You want me to either say yes or no with no other choices, like a lawyer's question. Right?

P.S. Like the Pharisee asked Jesus in order to trick him.
    You want me to either say yes or no with no other choices,

that is simply not true.
    If you have an alternative answer to just simply “yes” or “no” such as “yes if X else no” etc then I would have no issue with that as long as it DOES answer the question.
    So what is your answer to my question?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 14:56
    You want me to either say yes or no with no other choices,

that is simply not true.
    If you have an alternative answer to just simply “yes” or “no” such as “yes if X else no” etc then I would have no issue with that as long as it DOES answer the question.
    So what is your answer to my question?
    Okay then. My answer is hypothetically yes, if I believed the new version was correct and the word of God.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 20:03
    Okay then. My answer is hypothetically yes, if I believed the new version was correct and the word of God.
    At last you answered the question! Although I think you might be trying your very best to obscure the clarity of meaning by calling it a “hypothetical yes” and saying “IF I believed the new version was correct and the word of God” without stating what preconditions that “IF” might imply, that is still a “yes”.

OK, if you look at my opening post for this thread, you see what I would say if you answered “yes” to that question which is actually the SAME question as the one you just answered. This was:

-because, if the answer is “yes”, then that shows that the ONLY real reason why you reject the said evidence as valid/real evidence is what the Bible says and NOT because of logic/reason and that would also mean the whole premise that the said evidence is not valid/real rests on the assumption that the Bible always tells the truth. But that assumption that the Bible always tells the truth cannot be falsified because, if that assumption is false, you still could always just simply dismiss any evidence that it is false by saying that said evidence is not valid/real evidence because the Bible always tells the truth!
    The problem, of course, this reasoning is circular; -what if the Bible does NOT always tell the truth? and how do you KNOW that the Bible always tells the truth?

read and think about this very carefully for a while and, just for once, without prejudice, and see if you can understand what a “yes” answer truly implies.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 22:04
    At last you answered the question! Although I think you might be trying your very best to obscure the clarity of meaning by calling it a “hypothetical yes” and saying “IF I believed the new version was correct and the word of God” without stating what preconditions that “IF” might imply, that is still a “yes”.

OK, if you look at my opening post for this thre ...[text shortened]... st for once, without prejudice, and see if you can understand what a “yes” answer truly implies.
    I think it implies I believe God.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 22:275 edits
    I think it implies I believe God.
    What I clearly implied/siad your "yes" answer implies is that you irrationally believe for religious reasons that the said evidence for evolution etc is not evidence -that is a logical implication of your "yes" answer. This should be obvious to you if you have you read all my post -have you?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 22:46
    What I clearly implied/siad your "yes" answer implies is that you irrationally believe for religious reasons that the said evidence for evolution etc is not evidence -that is a logical implication of your "yes" answer. This should be obvious to you if you have you read all my post -have you?
    Yes I read your idiotic posts. Why else would I reply to them?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 01:23
    Takes one to know one?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 01:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Takes one to know one?
    you think so? 😀
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 07:54
    Back to the point:

Your “yes” answer shows that the ONLY real reason why you reject the said evidence as valid/real evidence is what the Bible says and NOT because of logic/reason and that would also mean the whole premise that the said evidence is not valid/real rests on the assumption that the Bible always tells the truth.

But that assumption that the Bible always tells the truth cannot be falsified because, if that assumption is false, you still could always just simply dismiss any evidence that it is false by saying that said evidence is not valid/real evidence because the Bible always tells the truth!

Do you agree with the above analysis? If not, what is your counterargument against it ( if any ) ?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 14:12
    Back to the point:

Your “yes” answer shows that the ONLY real reason why you reject the said evidence as valid/real evidence is what the Bible says and NOT because of logic/reason and that would also mean the whole premise that the said evidence is not valid/real rests on the assumption that the Bible always tells the truth.

But that assumption that the ...[text shortened]... you agree with the above analysis? If not, what is your counterargument against it ( if any ) ?
    No I do not agree with the above analysis.
    My counter argument: You are bonkers. 😀
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 17:59
    My counter argument: You are bonkers. 😀

which part and why?
    My counter argument: You are bonkers.

"You are bonkers" is sadly not a “counter argument”
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 18:46

which part and why?
    My counter argument: You are bonkers.

"You are bonkers" is sadly not a “counter argument”
    Both parts because you make false ssumptions.

"You are bonkers"is a counter to your false assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree