1. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 23:21
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Did you know that in many countries the law of capital punishment because of homosexuality is supported by christian churches?

Some christians are homophobic, some churches are homophobic, but not every christian is homophobic. Homosexuals shouldn't be forced to ask for perssion to show their love to eachother behind their bedroom door. Why should they ...[text shortened]... ou read the bible enough, you'll see (Corintian 13:13) that love doesn't ask for permission.
    Hi,

You brought up some interesting points that I hope will lead to further discussion.

No, I did not know that there were many countries that use capital punishment on homosexuals that is supported by Christian churches. That sounds awful and absolutely wrong. Could you tell me which countries and churches these are?

I agree with you that homosexuals shouldn't have to ask permission to show their love behind closed doors. That also means that I don't have to agree or condone what they are doing. God gave us all free will. My concern for their behavior is purely Biblical. Like I said before I have friends and family members that are homosexual.

The Bible clearly states in many areas that homosexuality is unnatural, a sin.
    Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1: 26-27

Those are just two. So being a Christian, as I understand God's word they are sinning and may not end up in heaven. This obviously saddens me. I don't hate homosexuals I love all people, I dislike what I perceive as their sin. God loves them to and wants them to be saved. 1 Timothy 2:4 That's my opinion, I acknowledge that you may disagree.

I do read the Bible but I will admit not as much as I should. What version were you using when you quoted 1 Corinthian 13:13 ? I have not been able to find the word permission anywhere.

I'm glad you did bring it up though, it is a wonderful verse and a great chapter where Paul says that he has everything, but without love he is nothing. I don't believe verse 13 says anything about physical love.

Did you know that Paul founded the church at Corinth? He wrote this letter to them a few years after he had left Corinth because he had heard the church had a few problems. One of the many was homosexuality 1 Corinthians 6:9.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 01:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Since you think the Earth and presumably the whole universe is under 10,000 years old, can you explain or rationalize this: Since we have had modern science, say in the last 100 years or better we see ice layers build up quite regularly and know those layers in the last 100 years come with seasonal snows and such. Since we have a history of at least 100 yea ...[text shortened]... xplain away that data to try to convince people the Earth is only 8000 years old or thereabouts?
    The other issue for young earthers is the light travel time problem 🙂

Manny
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 03:34
    Originally posted by menace71
    The other issue for young earthers is the light travel time problem 🙂

Manny
    That has already been solved. I have already answered that question a
    couple of times. 😏
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 03:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You gave the coordinates to the point 850 km outside the coast of Somalia. You said that the first living cell was created there, and not in the Garden of Eden, as is written in the bible. Therefore you say that the bible is a lie, and I agree: Bible is not the truth.

Do you want to tell us that the coordinates wasn't true? That you was not honest? That you actually lied? Okay, you are a creationist, you can do that. Of that we are sure.
    Maybe you don't know how to read a map. Or maybe I don't know the
    exact location. It doesn't really matter anyway, does it?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 05:26
    Since you think the Earth and presumably the whole universe is under 10,000 years old, can you explain or rationalize this: Since we have had modern science, say in the last 100 years or better we see ice layers build up quite regularly and know those layers in the last 100 years come with seasonal snows and such. Since we have a history of at least 100 yea ...[text shortened]... xplain away that data to try to convince people the Earth is only 8000 years old or thereabouts?
    So nothing could have happened outside of the last 100 years to make what
    we see now appear to be something else? There are no other conditions that
    could cause us to reach the same type of "clues" but in different ways?
    Kelly
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 07:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So nothing could have happened outside of the last 100 years to make what
    we see now appear to be something else? There are no other conditions that
    could cause us to reach the same type of "clues" but in different ways?
    Kelly
    No. The only reasonable alternative explanation is that it was carefully put there to fool us - but then again, that explanation isn't reasonable either.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 08:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No. The only reasonable alternative explanation is that it was carefully put there to fool us - but then again, that explanation isn't reasonable either.
    I say before the flood of Noah's day there was no ice. How about those
    apples?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 13:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it is there...you took it upon yourself to use a 100 years of data points and
    assume it has always been so and drew a conclusion.
    Kelly
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 16:431 edit
    No, it is there...you took it upon yourself to use a 100 years of data points and
    Kelly
    Let's hear your explanation why the core data for the last 200,000 years looks much like data from the last 100 years. Of course there are variations in the striations from year to year depending on exactly what was in the atmosphere at the time, temperature variations and variations in rainfall but for the most part if you just looked at the cores they pretty much look exactly the same. So lets here your vaulted explanation that would put those cores say, within the last 10,000 years instead of 20 times longer in time? I assume your problem is it doesn't agree with the timetable supposedly worked out from the bible.

Also, how do you explain the fact that core data from Antarctica and Greenland agree very well with each other as to what the temperatures were so long ago when you analyze isotope data in the atmosphere which gets trapped in little bubbles included in the ice?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 17:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That has already been solved. I have already answered that question a
    couple of times. 😏
    No actually it has not been solved LOL that's the crux of the problem. There have been Y.E.C. 's that have said "C" was once faster but this would affect energy outputs and everything else. The only explanation I heard is the one were "God" stretched out the heavens could account for distances but "C" has not changed that is the measuring stick.

Manny
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 17:08
    Let's hear your explanation why the core data for the last 200,000 years looks much like data from the last 100 years. Of course there are variations in the striations from year to year depending on exactly what was in the atmosphere at the time, temperature variations and variations in rainfall but for the most part if you just looked at the cores they pre ...[text shortened]... alyze isotope data in the atmosphere which gets trapped in little bubbles included in the ice?
    My explanations why the core data for the last....oh wait....we only have ice
    in the here and now, it’s you suggesting it’s been here for 200,000 years.

I have said each time you or anyone else brings this type of thing up, seeing
    a process that is accurate for a short period of time does not mean it will
    always be over a long period of time; in addition, once you acknowledge
    other variables could be in play that you cannot or have not accounted for all
    of your conclusions at best have to be seen as very possibly in error by
    unknown magnitudes.
    Kelly
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 17:131 edit
    Kelly
    No, I did no such thing. So, what is your alternative explanation?

I must point out that verification of ice core data can be done using other methods including written history (which is well over 2000 years, not 100 as you suggest), tree rings (I don't know what period this covers but it goes a long way back), carbon dating, and many others. Your ridiculous idea that one must witness something personally for it to be known or even more likely than something else has been discussed over and over and you have never once been able to substantiate the claim with any form of reasonable argument. You just keep repeating it in the hope that it will make more sense the more you say it. It doesn't.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 18:39
    Let's hear your explanation why the core data for the last 200,000 years looks much like data from the last 100 years. Of course there are variations in the striations from year to year depending on exactly what was in the atmosphere at the time, temperature variations and variations in rainfall but for the most part if you just looked at the cores they pre ...[text shortened]... alyze isotope data in the atmosphere which gets trapped in little bubbles included in the ice?
    I told you there was no ice on earth before the flood of Noah's day.
    So that is your starting date and nobody knows exactly when that was,
    but it was not 200,000 years ago. I estimate a few thousand years
    ago. Much can happen in just a few thousand years when you have
    God working behind the scenes. HalleluYah !!!
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 18:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I told you there was no ice on earth before the flood of Noah's day.
    So that is your starting date and nobody knows exactly when that was,
    but it was not 200,000 years ago. I estimate a few thousand years
    ago. Much can happen in just a few thousand years when you have
    God working behind the scenes. HalleluYah !!!
    Actually how do you know this? Did you live on the earth before Noah's flood? You can't say there was no ice at all.

Manny
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 18:412 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    No actually it has not been solved LOL that's the crux of the problem. There have been Y.E.C. 's that have said "C" was once faster but this would affect energy outputs and everything else. The only explanation I heard is the one were "God" stretched out the heavens could account for distances but "C" has not changed that is the measuring stick.

Manny
    God does not change. That is not true of anything else.

P.S. Well maybe, even God can change His mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree