1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 05:33
    Originally posted by menace71
    2 1.3

I always believed in a god so to speak. I think several factors play into this however.
    My mom was Catholic and my neighbors being "Born again" Christians helped influence me to that point. A preacher invited me to come to Christ and I admit I feared going to hell. I don't really fear going to hell anymore though. Possibly being born into the Wes ...[text shortened]... feel closer to God than ever and I desire now just to know God more than ever.

Manny
    I'd cash in belief for more faith any-day.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 05:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Tell me this honestly: Did your masters in the Brisbane temple tell you to infiltrate Red Hot Pawn with the express purpose of disrupting religious debate here, Vishavhetu?
    It's Bris Vegas, sonhouse, Bris Vegas 😀
  3. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As a Christian, I am free. I am not confined in any box.
    As a cop-out to my question, this should win first prize!
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:23
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Having chosen atheism you are dishonest.
    Being dishonest you are not qualified to ask any questions.
    I think the dishonesty is on the other foot - yu accuse me of something that you don't even know.

For the record, i am not an atheist.

My question was very simple: Where you born in your current religion or did you chose it somewhere along the line?

What could be more simple than that?

How can this be a question that one is not supposed to ask??

How come both of you are suddenly so defensive?
    😕
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:231 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But apparently you have no answer or proof of your belief, for if you
    do you are not willing to share any. So you just think we will believe
    what you say on your say so alone?
    You completely misunderstand.

The soul enters the body of the women during sex and is passed on to the women though the semen of the man.......and the conception takes place only because of the presence of the soul within the semen.

The baby develops in the womb because of the soul giving the life.

Without the soul in the womb there can be no baby.

Christianity falsely teaches that the soul enters the baby at birth.

How then does the baby grow in the womb without the life giving soul.

The soul is the life.

The baby is just material dead matter, and without the soul would remain dead..

The soul is the person.

The body is not the person.............this is the illusion I speak of.

Because the Bible has been fabricated by fools and rascals it has no knowledge.......none.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:27
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I think the dishonesty is on the other foot - yu accuse me of something that you don't even know.

For the record, i am not an atheist.

My question was very simple: Where you born in your current religion or did you chose it somewhere along the line?

What could be more simple than that?

How can this be a question that one is not supposed to ask??

How come both of you are suddenly so defensive?
    😕
    You could have asked the question in that simple manner in the first instance.

I was a Christian when young.

A Buddhist a bit later.

An agnostic after that.

And then I discovered true knowledge through the Veda at 22.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:28
    The soul enters the body of the women during sex and is passed on to the women though the semen of the man.......and the conception takes place only because of the presence of the soul within the semen.
    Without the soul in the womb there can be no baby

Without the soul in the womb there can be no baby

How do you know this?
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:41
    Originally posted by menace71
    2 1.3

I always believed in a god so to speak. I think several factors play into this however.
    I question a lot and I'm skeptical of organized religion in any fashion these days. I don't attend Church anymore and I struggle with that. I struggle with Christians being judgmental towards others when they should be the most welcoming of all. However in so ...[text shortened]... s I feel closer to God than ever and I desire now just to know God more than ever.

Manny
    Hi Manny,

Thank you very much for this post. It is the first one in this thead that respected my request to talk about PROCESS rather than CONTENT.

Dasa and RJHinds could not resist the temptation and are immediately knee-deep into their "I'm right and you're wrong!", "No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong!" ping-pong game!!
    😠

🙄

Your position closely describes mine at present. Contrary to Dasa's knee-jerk reaction accusation, I am not an atheist. Atheism is a religion just like any other, only the god that they worship is themselves. (Btw, the Humanist Manifesto is probably as close as one can get to an Atheists Confession of Faith, but that is probably worth a separate thread!) For me, that is not a tenable position.

I urge you to persue your relationship with God outside of organised religion, but find (if at all possible) a few similar minded souls in your area.

In summary, Christ is bigger than Christianity!

Blessings on your journey!
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 06:582 edits
    I was a Christian when young.

A Buddhist a bit later.

An agnostic after that.

And then I discovered true knowledge through the Veda at 22.
    Thank you. MAYBE we are getting somewhere now...

Reading your short history, would I therefor be correct in saying that at least at some stage of your life you held views which you now realise were wrong? (Simple enough question??😉)

Furthermore, on your journey you learnt new things over time - maybe on your own and maybe with some help from others? (OK so far? Are you still with me??)

You say that you have now arrived at what you believe to be the TRUTH.

I can relate to that path in that in the past I also used to believe certain things which I now consider to have been in error. The difference between you and me is probably that I still see myself on the journey, and will not be so conceited as to claim that I now have all the truth and nothing but the truth.

Now here is my final question, and I will try to say it as simply as I can:
    If your search of TRUTH was a journey, and if you progressively discarded old views and adopted new ones, why can you not accept the fact that others may also be on a journey, rather than accusing them of things like "lies" and malicious deceit?

Simple enough? Just answer the question if possible, without any red herrings!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 07:06
    If your search of TRUTH was a journey, and if you progressively discarded old views and adopted new ones, why can you not accept the fact that others may also be on a journey, rather than accusing them of things like "lies" and malicious deceit?
    rec'd
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 07:141 edit
    You completely misunderstand.

Without the soul in the womb there can be no baby.

...[text shortened]... f.

Because the Bible has been fabricated by fools and rascals it has no knowledge.......none.
    There is body, soul, and spirit. It is the spirit that gives life.
    The body dies a physical death. The soul must die a spiritual death.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 08:331 edit
    Hi Manny,

Thank you very much for this post. It is the first one in this thead that respected my request to talk about PROCESS rather than CONTENT.

Dasa and RJHinds could not resist the temptation and are immediately knee-deep into their "I'm right and you're wrong!", "No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong!" ping-pong game!!
    😠

🙄

Your position closely area.

In summary, Christ is bigger than Christianity!

Blessings on your journey!
    How exactly do i 'worhship myself'? That's a new one on me.
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 09:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How exactly do i 'worhship myself'? That's a new one on me.
    As I intimated in an aside, this doesn't really belong in this thread, but since I raised the point, I might as well answer.

Everybody instinctively needs to know who is in charge .

Maybe others will use different words, but essentially, the meaning is the same; i.e. who controls my life?

Primitive people thought it was the sun, or the tree outside my cave, that controlled their life, so they worshipped that.

Others design their own god, and worship that.

Atheists, claiming that there is nobody that controls their life but they themselves, by default "worship themselves", although I hasten to add that it is not maybe the best term to use, although the concept is sound. It is perhaps best expressed in the poem: "I am the captain of my ship, I am the master of my fate!"

Actually, I don't see why you should be upset about that concept, you should take it as a compliment! Seriously, aren't you worth it?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 09:37
    As I intimated in an aside, this doesn't really belong in this thread, but since I raised the point, I might as well answer.

Everybody instinctively needs to know who is in charge .

Maybe others will use different words, but essentially, the meaning is the same; i.e. who controls my life?

Primitive people thought it was the sun, or the tree ...[text shortened]... t about that concept, you should take it as a compliment! Seriously, aren't you worth it?
    Have no fear, i am not upset. Far from it.

I have read all sorts of claims by theists on this board about atheists and atheism, this was a new one on me. I now see what you're saying and agree with you 100%, i am responsible for my life and ultimately take responsibility for my actions. Although worship isn't the correct term.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 09:52
    False science arguing with false religion and not caring the least in truth.

I am coming between to present what is true.

Of course the dishonest persons will be interrupted in their folly but the need is important.

What is sad is that even though these dishonest persons know they are dishonest they still shamelessly defend their absurdity.

On one s ...[text shortened]... et this through your thick skulls.

You cannot have a discussion where honesty is disregarded.
    I'm assuming this is an answer to my question.

Let me be blunt, you're doing a terrible job. Most people ignore you now, everyone suspects you are a troll, a nasty piece of work or, my favourite, someone who has had a midlife crisis and needs some sort of medical help.

What you have achieved here ie, alienating pretty much everyone on this forum, is nothing short of remarkable. In that respect i tilt my hat to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree