Question to three posters

Question to three posters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonship
I must have thought, when I read that, "It is content that is most important in communication here. "

I didn't think "only content". But I did think "most important is content."

Do you feel little graphic faces are most important or something ?
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to those.
Whatever dude; just learn to communicate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Whatever dude; just learn to communicate.
🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by leunammi
.. You make many claims about sonship and others with regards to how they should or shouldn't live, how they do or don't live. ...
Please point out where I made such claims. Thanks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 16
3 edits

The Christians must keep the commandments of Christ.
And what are His commandments?

"And whatever we ask we receive from Him because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight." (1 John 3:22)

And what are the things "pleasing in His sight"?

The Apostle John immediately specifies TWO.

"And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, even as He gave a commandment to us." (v.23)

The first specific commandment John mentions is to believe in the Son of God.

" And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ..."

No Atheists wants to believe in the existence of God or the Son of God Jesus Christ. So no unbeliever can keep THIS specific commandment of Christ contrary to Rajk999's claim.

In the madness of his foolishness he wrote:

Can a atheist abide in Christ by KEEPING CHRIST;S COMMANDMENTS? YES !

But first the commandment, of "His commandments" is to believe in the Son of God.

"And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, even as He gave a commandment to us." (v.23)

No, Christ did not say "Be an Atheist, disbelieve in God, disbelieve in the Son of God and love one another, and you will be keeping My commandments."

Now how does the Apostle John encourage the believers to be assured and know that they are abiding in Christ? Is it an assurance that an Atheist who is kind and loving can have? Can the one REJECTING the Son of God have this assurance that even though he is an Atheist, he is abiding in Christ? No.

It is by the Holy Spirit that the believers know that they abide in Christ and Christ abides in them.

"And he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

And in this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He gave to us." (v.24)

Did I mention this?

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 16
3 edits

Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

All three of you have written rather disdainful or sneering comments in the thread The City of Water.

Ooooo. Really "gushing" all over the place there.

That might have been the same thread where I said sneering or skepticism and rejection towards some of the things I write about God's economy is like yesterday's leftover hot dogs and beans to me. No - Big - Deal.

Moves
29 Oct 16

Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

All three of you have written rather disdainful or sneering comments in the thread The City of Water.

Ooooo. Really "gushing" all over the place there.

That might have been the same thread where I ...[text shortened]... te about God's economy is like yesterday's leftover hot dogs and beans to me. No - Big - Deal.
Of maybe it was the thread where you hypocritically chastised Rajk999 for calling you a fool.

Moves
29 Oct 16
1 edit

The Christians must keep the commandments of Christ.

[b]"And whatever we ask we receive from Him because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight." (1 John 3:22)

And what are the things "pleasing in His sight"?

The Apostle J ...[text shortened]...
"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)
[/b]
'No Atheists wants to believe in the existence of God or the Son of God Jesus Christ. So no unbeliever can keep THIS specific commandment of Christ contrary to Rajk999's claim. '

I am an atheist and have said multiple times that i'd very much like to believe in the existence of God. I simply await convincing evidence.

Why you have chosen not to hear this, I can't say.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'No Atheists wants to believe in the existence of God or the Son of God Jesus Christ. So no unbeliever can keep THIS specific commandment of Christ contrary to Rajk999's claim. '

I am an atheist and have said multiple times that i'd very much like to believe in the existence of God. I simply await convincing evidence.

That is another matter from an Atheist supposedly abiding in Christ and keeping the commands of Christ, in Whom he does not even believe.

You're saying "Persuade me. Persuade me."

I don't promise anyone I can persuade them of the reality of God.
Evidence is not persuasion anyway.

I definitely consider that my believing that Jesus is the Son of God and my Savior is the result of some kind of miracle that has taken place in my heart. I have seen it happen to others. I have seen it happen to others whom I did talk to and lead to Christ.

It would be foolish for me to insist that I could persuade anyone though.
I am not in a position to guarantee persuasion of this miracle of faith will occur.

The best I have probably done is when I wrote in a thread which I called -
"Why God is not Real to you."

I tried to lead some people by the hand to show them how they can remove the basic barrier of their sins through agreeing with God and confessing. Even since then, some did not take any advice or help.

Not everyone is going to believe the truth.

F

Moves
29 Oct 16

I definitely consider that my believing that Jesus is the Son of God and my Savior is the result of some kind of miracle that has taken place in my heart.
And oh yes, and then there is the unimaginable, demented, inexplicably sadistic violence that supposedly awaits those for whom this "miracle" does not occur.

F

Moves
29 Oct 16

I tried to lead some people by the hand to show them how they can remove the basic barrier of their sins through agreeing with God and confessing. Even since then, some did not take any advice or help. .
Do you ever wonder if your vanity, demeanour, and poor communication skills have driven anyone away from "God"?

Moves
29 Oct 16
1 edit

That is another matter from an Atheist supposedly abiding in Christ and keeping the commands of Christ, in Whom he does not even believe.

...[text shortened]... nce then, some did not take any advice or help.

Not everyone is going to believe the truth.
Sonship, you stated 'no Atheist wants to believe in the existence of God.'

Sorry my atheism doesn't fit into your 'atheist stereotype' but either you accept your above statement is incorrect, or else you label me a liar. I state again, I am an atheist who wants to believe in the existence of God. I doubt I am the only one.

There is also nothing in the moral teaching of Jesus I object to. Indeed I try to lead my life according to his teachings, not because I am a follower of Christ but because his values mirror my own and are things I aspire to in my pursuit of being a decent human being. - I personally wouldn't use the language of 'abiding in Christ' but it is erroneous to think,because i'm an atheist, I will necessarily throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Edit: It may not be so for you, but for me evidence is most certainly persuasion. - I am persuaded by evidence.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Oct 16
1 edit

Sorry my atheism doesn't fit into your 'atheist stereotype' but either you accept your above statement is incorrect, or else you label me a liar. I state again, I am an atheist who wants to believe in the existence of God. I doubt I am the only one.

There is also noth ...[text shortened]... t be so for you, but for me evidence is most certainly persuasion. - I am persuaded by evidence.
You, an atheist try to lead your life according to the teachings of Christ by being a decent human being. Surely this would involve doing good works and living righteously.
Sonship [and several other Christians here] condemn and ridicule those who try to live according to the teachings and commandments of Christ, referring to them as legalistic and committing the sin of works-righteousness. Instead they boast that they are saved and sin would not be held against them.

Mat 21:31  Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. 

Moves
30 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Sonship [and several other Christians here] condemn and ridicule those who try to live according to the teachings and commandments of Christ..
Fortunately you are NOT one of those being "condemned" because you certainly don't display anything of the spirit of Christ in this forum. And before you spit your dummy out, I'm not condemning you either. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 16
5 edits

I think it is generally a safe thing to assume. That is until they turn their heart to Jesus reaching out for the Person of God.

Now if I thought that absolutely no Atheist might be willing to have a change of heart and repent, then I wouldn't be writing to some of them here over the years.

So it is kind of a paradox. That moment, that nanosecond when when he turns his heart to God as a Person to approach, is not impossible.

With God all things are possible.

There is also nothing in the moral teaching of Jesus I object to.

That's a good attitude. But part of His "moral teaching" is that He is the Son of God.
Do you think He has a high moral teaching yet is simultaneously the greatest LIAR ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

Indeed I try to lead my life according to his teachings, not because I am a follower of Christ but because his values mirror my own and are things I aspire to in my pursuit of being a decent human being.

Unlike someone like Rajk999, i would say to fall on your knees and confess that you CANNOT live according to His teaching and that you are a helpless sinner who apart from His grace and mercy , HAS NO HOPE.

Now I can take at face value "I really DO want to believe in God".
And you don't want me to write that you don't want God.

But to come to touch the reality of Christ you have to admit that you are a sinner and that your "trying to live according to His teachings" is nothing but filthy rags.
If you have utter contempt for wanting to repent of your own goodness, there will still be a strong barrier between you and the very real Spirit of Christ Who is God.

" For all of us became like him who is unclean, And all our righteousness are like a solid garment;

And we all wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like wind, carry us away.

There is no one who calls upon Your name, Who stirs himself up to lay hold on You;

For You have hidden Your face from us and have consumed us by our iniquities." (Isaiah 64:6,7)

it is the blood of Jesus you need. Even your tears need to be washed in the blood of His redemptive death.

Confess to God that all of your good doing falls so short of His eternal righteousness that you cannot make it, will not ever make it, and are not ABLE to make it. And tell Him that you simply RECEIVE Christ as your righteousness and your Lord and Savior based on HIS offer and steadfast promise.

" All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and him who comes to me I shall by no means cast out.

For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me." (John 6:30)

Instead of arranging more arguments about this passage, seize upon it with the little bit of mustard seed size faith you have and put it back in God's face -

"Lord Jesus, You said those who come to You You will NOT cast out. I come - a sinner, a guilty sinner whose best good doing cannot save me. I come just as I am. I come for the cleaning of your precious blood effectively shed for me that I might have God. I come. On your promise and not on my feelings, I Come."

You will get results.

" Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time.

Casting all your anxiety on Him because it matters to Him concerning you." ( 1 Peter 5:6,7)

But if you are arranging more arguments at my trying to help, ...
Its not worth it.
The utter peace of knowing God has cleansed away all your sins and has come to live in your heart is worth more.

- I personally wouldn't use the language of 'abiding in Christ' but it is erroneous to think,because i'm an atheist, I will necessarily throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Make no mistake about it. Abiding in Christ, in the Bible, means Christ is alive; Christ is knowable; Christ is enterable; Christ is available.

Abide in Christ means He is living - the living God who can be to us a sphere and realm of knowing intimately this Person.

This is the shock that the unbeliever comes to realize when the barrier of the guilt of his sins is removed by the precious redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.

These words are trustworthy. This is true truth.

Edit: It may not be so for you, but for me evidence is most certainly persuasion. - I am persuaded by evidence.

I give you the last word. I advised you how you may come boldly forward to God.
You can touch the reality of God like any other sinner willing to surrender his heart to Jesus Christ.

If you stop trying to be good enough and come as the guilty sinner in need of His redemption - His grace, you will not be the first to be amazed that Christ is knowable. And you will by no means be the last.