Question to three posters

Question to three posters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonship
If you stop trying to be good enough and come as the guilty sinner in need of His redemption - His grace, you will not be the first to be amazed that Christ is knowable.
And if he er... doesn't find him knowable, Ghost of a Duke will be tortured. Forever.

F

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Sonship [and several other Christians here] condemn and ridicule those who try to live according to the teachings and commandments of Christ, referring to them as legalistic and committing the sin of works-righteousness. Instead they boast that they are saved and sin would not be held against them.
Indeed. sonship has now told Ghost of a Duke that if he stops trying to be a "good enough" person, he will then find Christ "knowable".

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Indeed. sonship has now told Ghost of a Duke that if he stops trying to be a "good enough" person, he will then find Christ "knowable".
I think you are misrepresenting sonships intent for it appears to me that what he was trying to say is that for God to be knowable one must come to him in humility. What you have done is to paint a biased perspective because it suits your ends of vilifying sonhsip. Jesus himself makes some rather interesting comments on those who are able to get to know God.

At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children" - Matthew 11:25

Now its the latter part of the verse that is most interesting for Christ uses the analogy of a child. How are we to understand this? What qualities are we looking for? Surely its a willingness to lean and be taught, an unassuming disposition? Now clearly if Ghost of a Duke was wise and intellectual that would disqualify him too, but I think we have need of no fear in that regard.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
And if he er... doesn't find him knowable, Ghost of a Duke will be tortured. Forever.
Hey!

😠

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Now clearly if Ghost of a Duke was wise and intellectual that would disqualify him too, but I think we have need of no fear in that regard.
Hey!

😠

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Hey!

😠
tee hee 😀

F

Moves
30 Oct 16

I think you are misrepresenting sonships intent for it appears to me that what he was trying to say is that for God to be knowable one must come to him in humility. What you have done is to paint a biased perspective because it suits your ends of vilifying sonhsip. Jesus himself makes some rather interesting comments on those who are able to get to know God.
sonship has said to me numerous times that he is "forgiven" and "saved" come what may, and his "sin" cannot now take that destiny away from him ~ Grampy Bobby, for instance, has said the same. So what do we have? "Works" don't matter; "sin" doesn't matter; one just has to think stuff - about supernatural beings, think stuff about one's self, and think stuff about one's ideology; it doesn't matter what one does; just think stuff, and one is immortal. Well, it all strikes me as unsubstantiated, arrant nonsense, as ideologies go. Next you'll be telling me ~ without a shred of proof ~ that you personally have the prospect of not dying at all but instead living forever in a 'restored paradise' here on earth!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
I saw that and its totally contrary to what Jesus said .. no surprise there.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Oct 16

I think you are misrepresenting sonships intent for it appears to me that what he was trying to say is that for God to be knowable one must come to him in humility. What you have done is to paint a biased perspective because it suits your ends of vilifying sonhsip. Jesus himself makes some rather interesting comments on those who are able to get to ...[text shortened]... intellectual that would disqualify him too, but I think we have need of no fear in that regard.
The analogy of being like a child is understandable and in line with the rest of what Christ preached, but this statement by sonship is totally unbiblical and a complete fabrication designed to fool the gullible into thinking that its ok to continue in sin and evil after they accept Christ.

Here it is : Unlike someone like Rajk999, i would say to fall on your knees and confess that you CANNOT live according to His teaching and that you are a helpless sinner who apart from His grace and mercy , HAS NO HOPE.

His language is muddled but what he is saying is that only those who fall on their knees and claim that they cannot follow the teachings of Christ, only those have hope. Others who try to follow Christ have no hope. What is your opinion of that?

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
sonship has said to me numerous times that he is "forgiven" and "saved" come what may, and his "sin" cannot now take that destiny away from him ~ Grampy Bobby, for instance, has said the same. So what do we have? "Works" don't matter; "sin" doesn't matter; one just has to [b]think stuff - about supernatural beings, think stuff about one's self, and ...[text shortened]... prospect of not dying at all but instead living forever in a 'restored paradise' here on earth![/b]
your text does not address the fact that you deliberately misrepresented what sonship was attempting to say and to use it as a pretext for further attacks on his stance. You yourself have been caught many times uttering things that you cannot substantiate but believe, the idea that the book of Revelation was written for political purposes you could not substantiate with a single iota of compelling reason and yet here you are chastising other for behaving in the same manner? Ouch!

F

Moves
31 Oct 16

your text does not address the fact that you deliberately misrepresented what sonship was attempting to say and to use it as a pretext for further attacks on his stance. You yourself have been caught many times uttering things that you cannot substantiate but believe, the idea that the book of Revelation was written for political purposes you could n ...[text shortened]... f compelling reason and yet here you are chastising other for behaving in the same manner? Ouch!
Actually, I think, far from misrepresenting sonship's once-saved-always-saved no-need-for-works ideology, I have summarized it succinctly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I assume this is the succinct review you are bragging about.

sonship has said to me numerous times that he is "forgiven" and "saved"

And sonship has also labored to show how ANYONE ELSE can also be forgiven and saved.

come what may, and his "sin" cannot now take that destiny away from him

As to eternal redemption, that is so. My sins have not been overlooked in some sentimental liberal way of permissiveness. They have been JUDGED.

I do wish people could grasp this. In Christ's death for the sinner's sins, the dept to God has not been swept aside and forgotten. It has been PAID.

And though your "succinct" review false to mention it - What is true for this sinner can be true to whoseover will.

~ Grampy Bobby, for instance, has said the same.

I spoke of the reward and discipline of the millennial kingdom. I don't think Grampy Bobby knew too much about this.

He is not here to speak for himself. And I will speak for me.

If you give the impression that I teach that the ONLY goal of God is FORGIVNESS then you misrepresent thousands of words I have carefully written on this Forum.

When I spoke of being conformed to the image of the Son of God as God's eternal purpose (Rom. 8:28,29) walk matters; living matters; behavior matters to God.

I wrote a thread on "The Constitution of the Kingdom" which said much about the high demand to live the highest level of morality on the earth as a Christian. But this is with God's grace empowering and operating.

I have written about the "works" that the Christian is to walk in following being saved by grace.

" For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; (v.8)

Not of works that no one should boast. (v.9)

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand in order that we would walk in them." (v.10)

Good works .... that we should walk in them.
This is crucial to God's salvation.

I am not sure why you are cozying up to Rajk999 to steal his arguments.

Why did I open the thread "Prayreading the Word" ?
I did because it is positively effects the nourishment and health of the Christian so that she can WALK in Christ like living.

Why did I open the thread on "Calling on the Name" ?
Because it is good for bringing the Christian into living Christ.

All the things I have written about the Holy Spirit and walking in Him.
They too have been to teach the living in the highest moral level on earth.

It is terribly disingenuous of you to throw your hat in with Rajk999 saying I cared nothing for good works.

What I see is a succinct misrepresentation of tens of thousands of words I have written over the years on this Forum. These words went beyond mere Justification by Faith to carefully explain abiding in Christ, living in Christ, allowing Christ to live out from us, mingling with God, living step by step in union with God, living in the realm of Christ Who became, you know what, "a life giving Spirit".

I see your succinct misrepresentation of many many posts I have made here.

So what do we have? "Works" don't matter;

If you say that that has been what I wrote then you are a liar.

"sin" doesn't matter;

If you say I have taught that way then you are a liar and what respect I did have for you is severely damaged.

one just has to think stuff

I have written more about living. YOU regard it as only "thinking".
YOU regard the living and available Spirit of Christ as just thinking.

- about supernatural beings,

Christ is supernatural.
Supernatural is a legitimate dimension to our human living in this world.
There is a dimension to man which touches the supernatural.

If you deny this then you shortcut your own full humanity.
Part of our being is designed to interact in the supernatural until it is a normal everyday occurrence that we experience God.

" Abide in Me and I in you."

This involves the supernatural and it should be daily. It should be even hourly and minute by minute. And to abide in Christ is for producing the fruit or the good works that God ordained the saved to walk in.

You're stooping pretty low to lie and cozy up with Rajk999, saying I cared nothing for the highest standard of Christian living.

think stuff about one's self,

I encourage Christians to look away from self and look to Jesus.
Introspection is not helpful.
Appreciating of the unsearchable riches of Christ is empowering.

I wrote about the rewards of the millennial kingdom. That has to do with works.
I wrote of the discipline of punishment in the 1,000 year kingdom, for CHRISTIANS.
That has to do with works.

I wrote of saved yet so as through fire.
I wrote of building on the foundation of Christ.
I wrote of the Christians being rewarded of "he will suffer loss".
All those posts had to do with works.

I spoke of defeated Christians and overcomers.
All those posts had to do with walking in the works God has ordained for the saved.

and think stuff about one's ideology;

Don't know what you're talking about here either.
Christ, Christ, Christ, has probably been mentioned by me more than any other poster with the exception of Grampy maybe.

I have pointed to Christ.
Philosophy and ideology I have no emphasized but Christ as the available "life giving Spirit"

If I have mentioned Christ as the "life giving spirit" once I have done so hundreds of times. And the LIFE of the LIFE GIVING SPIRIT is that we may live as Christ lived. Put another way, I have written about Christ LIVING in us and flowing OUT from us.

And why ? Because God's eternal purpose demands that we not only be FORGIVEN, but that we live Christ and be built up together in Christ.

it doesn't matter what one does;

You continue to lie about what I have taught.
The one losing all moral ground here is FMF the terrible liar about what I have argued here for YEARS.

just think stuff,

To YOU who don't believe Christ rose and is available, it is just a matter of "think stuff".

and one is immortal.

God alone has immortality.

" .. the blessed and only Sovereign will show, the King of those who reign as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,

Who alone has immortality ..." (1 Timothy 6:15,16a)

I have taught just as the NT says -

" ... God; Who saved us and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus." (2 Tim. 1:9)

No, I know you don't care about my referring to the Scripture. And though we were not saved according to our works forever, God of course cares that we perform good works coming out of our abiding in Christ.

Now I have to go. And I am not going to dignify the remainder of your rot with a comment. But I have never taught here that the saved man or woman should have no concern whatsoever for living righteously.

I have said Christ is the indwelling power that enables us to do so.
Your dark ignorant unbelief sees in that "just thinking."

It is amazing how low you have stooped in this post that I now am responding to.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Oct 16

I assume this is the succinct review you are bragging about....
Its what you dont say, and what you dont say is in the Bible.

Jesus Christ said it: those who do not do good works will be cast into everlasting fire.

Paul said it those who live sinful lives will be destroyed and will not enter the Kingdom of God

All the Apostles speak clearly and unambiguously about the end of Christian saints who do not follow Christ commandments.

It is not like you crookedly claim that Christians have the Spirit of Christ and they will do good works. That is just wishful thinking.

F

Moves
31 Oct 16

I assume this is the succinct review you are bragging about.

sonship has said to me numerous times that he is "forgiven" and "saved"

And sonship has also labored to show how [b]ANYONE ELSE
can also be forgiven and saved.

come what may, and his "sin" cannot now take that destiny away from him

A ...[text shortened]... thinking."

It is amazing how low you have stooped in this post that I now am responding to.[/b]
Everything you say in your reply seems to basically confirm what I said in my succinct summation of your ideology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 16

wot