1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 23:05
    at what point did god create the 'programming language' known as dna and what was its purpose?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 06:251 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    at what point did god create the 'programming language' known as dna and what was its purpose?
    What is DNA?

YouTube

DNA is actually a storage medium for the information programming language code of life. God apparently created DNA and the programming language code on the third creation day in order to bring forth plant life.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 12:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is DNA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6PP-C4udkA

DNA is actually a storage medium for the information programming language code of life. God apparently created DNA and the programming language code on the third creation day in order to bring forth plant life.
    so it was the 3rd day. you also say that the 'programming language' was to bring forth life. would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 16:23
    so it was the 3rd day. you also say that the 'programming language' was to bring forth life. would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?
    That is obviously one important reason.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:57
    That is obviously one important reason.
    what are the other reasons?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 19:35
    what are the other reasons?
    The DNA information code seems to also play an important function in sustaining life and limiting change in kinds while producing varieties and allowing for adaptation.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 17:20
    The DNA information code seems to also play an important function in sustaining life and limiting change in kinds while producing varieties and allowing for adaptation.
    both these reasons are part of reproduction. is there any reasons for dna that are not related to reproduction?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 19:24
    both these reasons are part of reproduction. is there any reasons for dna that are not related to reproduction?
    As I understant it, DNA information code also contains the instructions for making the various proteins needed in making all the cells that form all parts in a particular creature.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 20:471 edit
    would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?
    I know you are not addressing me, but why would anyone think the sole purpose of DNA is to pass on genetic information during reproduction? Why pass on something that has no other purpose except to be passed on? Obviously the primary function of DNA is to provide instructions for building and sustaining, the cell or organism. I am also not sure if by 'reproduction' you are referring to whole organisms reproducing or including cell division.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 20:521 edit
    Is this leading up to the point that death was introduced at a later date?
    Maybe you should also point out that trees had fruit? What purpose would fruit have other than reproduction or giving illegal knowledge to naughty humans?
    Also humans had to eat (or the fall of man would never have taken place), and presumably animals did too, so plants must have been growing if not reproducing, so cellular division is a must.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 21:15
    When God created life that was to procreate.
    Kelly
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 22:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I know you are not addressing me, but why would anyone think the sole purpose of DNA is to pass on genetic information during reproduction? Why pass on something that has no other purpose except to be passed on? Obviously the primary function of DNA is to provide instructions for building and sustaining, the cell or organism. I am also not sure if by 'reproduction' you are referring to whole organisms reproducing or including cell division.
    Do you also interrupt lawyers who are cross-examining witnesses?

I'm sure he has a point he's getting to, if you'd let him.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Dec '13 18:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    shhhhh, you are giving away my cunning plan!!!!!

okay, i'll come clean. i wanted to know if yecs believe that dna is mainly for reproduction and if they believe eve was created as afterthought to keep make adam happy. if this is true then why was adam created with dna?

i was also thinking about the tiny genetic pool adam and eve would have to pass on and all the issues that rise with that.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Dec '13 18:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you also interrupt lawyers who are cross-examining witnesses?

I'm sure he has a point he's getting to, if you'd let him.
    kick his ass out of court judge suzi!!!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '13 00:03
    I was thinking about your question, I answered God did it to create life that
    also procreated, but I think I'd also throw in that unlike our programming
    languages we see rules put in place for things to work that don’t change over
    time.

We are always improving our programming languages let alone all the programs we
    are writing with them, so there are always newer versions of our programming
    languages so we can improve how we code, unlike the rules within biology. The
    creator of DNA didn’t need to update to newer versions of code while looking at life
    which we do. God’s code can be relied on to remain the same, unlike with our code
    where we are always changing into newer versions of our programming languages.

Our languages show us that things just do not happen, so when we see them the
    questions of why should be asked. When we see stop and starting mechanisms and
    other rules, why do things work one way instead of another? When we see complex
    systems functioning in a very high level of complexity it should scream intelligence
    in my opinion.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree