1. weedhopper
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 18:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But if no one declared people as chistians then I assume your christian god would have to, and how does one speak to this god? By dying?

There are "christians" everywhere. Are you trying to say they are all false christians because they were declared "christian" by other humans or that only those who hear gods word can become christians or what?

...[text shortened]... el that maintains the separation between man and god. Surely , a miserable state of affairs.
    I think we have a miscommunication from the start, and based on my previous attempts to explain, I'm not surprised -- 😕 My point has nothing to do with "declaring people as Christians". IT's the reverse--people who go around declaring that a person is NOT a Christian when the person has clearly identified himself as such. Others may not BELIEVE someone is a Christian, but it is way out side of his/her pay grade to make that call. I may doubt Bill Clinton's, or George Bush's, or Obama's sincerity when they proclaim to be Christian. But I know my place--and that place is not judging whether they are or are not Christians.
    And yes, I know very well that actions speak louder than words. Nowhere in the Bible are we encouraged to be fools and ignore the "fruits" of the works of another. If one claims to be Christian, yet acts in a heathen way, it's natural to have doubts. SILENT, THOUGHTFUL, MEDITATIVE doubts.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:29
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I think we have a miscommunication from the start, and based on my previous attempts to explain, I'm not surprised -- 😕 My point has nothing to do with "declaring people as Christians". IT's the reverse--people who go around declaring that a person is NOT a Christian when the person has clearly identified himself as such. Others may not BELIEVE some ...[text shortened]... in a heathen way, it's natural to have doubts. SILENT, THOUGHTFUL, MEDITATIVE doubts.
    Thnx for the clarification mate!

just one thing- the "SILENT, THOUGHTFUL , MEDITATIVE doubts."
    I've always accosiated silence,thoughtfulness and meditation as positive actions to furthur ones understanding of the universe. To hear those words in conjunction with the word "doubts" seems very odd to me. You dont need to respond, but if you can be bothered, I would like to know more about how this hypothetical heathen has these seemingly positive ACTIONS as a response to his own concience.

(Or just tell me if I understood you, or whether I've got you a bit wrong again. THNX)
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 19:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thnx for the clarification mate!

just one thing- the "SILENT, THOUGHTFUL , MEDITATIVE doubts."
    I've always accosiated silence,thoughtfulness and meditation as positive actions to furthur ones understanding of the universe. To hear those words in conjunction with the word "doubts" seems very odd to me. You dont need to respond, but if you can be bot ...[text shortened]...

(Or just tell me if I understood you, or whether I've got you a bit wrong again. THNX)
    Agreed completely with your association of silence, meditation, and thoughtfulness. My point was that the (hypothetical) person who DECLARES another to be a heathen is the one who is to be chastised (or worse). Mr. Hypothetical may truly believe his God, his Way, and his Truth to be the only true path to spiritual enlightenment, or nirvana, or virgins, or whatever Jehovah's Witness' aspire to, but their rights to declare another to be heathen, un-________-(fill in the blank with religion of choice), etc. end where their vocal cords begin. Hence the silent, thoughtful point. He can call me a non-Christian, silently, all the day long. He make think me un-Christian as long as he lives. He just can't uteer it where others can pick up on the sound waves (or in this case, the written (libelous) word.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 20:02
    Originally posted by dube
    Who was rude to whom?
    I missed that.
    HSB (again, for the second time today!)! Dube--- or is it "dube?"--- has waited seven (7) long years to make his/hers/its first post in the forums, and this is among the first. We salute you, oh mute one. Long live the mute!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree