1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 12:16
    What dose a rainbow mean to you?
    "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth."

It's just a nice ray of colours to me....
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 12:29
    Originally posted by yo its me
    "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth."

The covenent is simply that God promises never to destroy mankind by flood again.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 13:47

Very sad :-(

When I first understood how light refracts around a raindrop, and could make my own rainbow by spraying water into the air, I understood that the story in the bible was not entirely honest.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 14:11
    Originally posted by snowinscotland

When I first understood how light refracts around a raindrop, and could make my own rainbow by spraying water into the air, I understood that the story in the bible was not entirely honest.
    You didn't just think- oh so that's how God dose it?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 17:481 edit
    Everytime I do something wrong and I want to excuse for it - I just go and sprinkle water in the sunshine and create a rainbow and everyone will be happy again!

Yesterday I shot the sheriff, today I'm going to buy a garden sprinkle.
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 22:00
    You have to understand that innocence is the opposite of knowledge...

When you are a child, you think like a child, and accept explanations readily. When you are an adult, you put aside childish things...

Adam ate of the tree of knowledge, and knew.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 22:011 edit
    You have to understand that innocence is the opposite of knowledge...

When you are a child, you think like a child, and accept explanations readily. When you are an adult, you put aside childish things...

Adam ate of the tree of knowledge, and knew.
    The tree told them about sin, that didn't make them wiser just knowalageable in things they didn't need to know, things that God knew whould distroy them.
    So if you knew how God made the Earth you'd not beleive he made it anymore?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 22:24
    I always associate rainbows with the rainbow sash movement. I am not sure why that is.
  9. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 05:26

Research harder up until Noah's time it did not rain, water moisten the earth from underneath. So there was no need for rain. That's why nobody believed Noah that it was going to rain. So now you can be happy again.
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 06:13
    The tree told them about sin, that didn't make them wiser just knowalageable in things they didn't need to know, things that God knew whould distroy them.
    So if you knew how God made the Earth you'd not beleive he made it anymore?
    My grandmother used to say 'If ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise'

So if you are happy, why seek knowledge? The rainbow IS a sign that God will not destroy the earth by water.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 06:57

Hot gay man love.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 09:41
    why must god attend to every little annoying thing on this rock? why whenever a child dies, "god works in mysterious ways", whenever a volcano erupts, whenever a tsunami hits, god had a plan?

how stupid do you think God is? if i were to program an operating system that needs tweaking every second from now on to eternity, that requires me to manually attend to every minor detail, i would be labeled a pretty poor programmer. so if we don't allow microsoft some slack, why do we label god as a poor programmer, a sad masochist that enjoy taking care of every minor detail in this universe?

god made universe. universe works. that is that.(assuming you believe in god to begin with). god doesn't make rainbows. rainbows happen by the laws of the universe.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '08 13:00
    Yo Its Me,

There are a couple more references to a rainbow in the Bible.

If you are interested in me expounding on the other instances let me know.

The rainbow is mentioned explicidly twice in Revelation chapters 4 and 10. And it is implied in chapter 21.
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Yo Its Me,

There are a couple more references to a rainbow in the Bible.

If you are interested in me expounding on the other instances let me know.

The rainbow is mentioned explicidly twice in Revelation chapters 4 and 10. And it is implied in chapter 21.
    Yes, thank you I am interested.
    I'll look up the verses...

Chapter 4,V 3. "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

Are rainbows symbolic?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 11:112 edits
    Yes, thank you I am interested.
    I'll look up the verses...

Chapter 4,V 3. "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

Are rainbows symbolic?
    The rainbow is a sign of God's covenant with man and all living creatures that He will not destroy them again with a flood (Gen.9:8-17).

Revelation is a book containing prophecy of God's judging of the earth and its inhabitants. The rainbow around His throne in chapter 4 signifies that God is the covenanting God. the faithful God. He will therefore keep His covenant while executing His judgments on the earth. He will not judge mankind with a flood nor destroy all of mankind. He will keep a part of mankind to be the nations on the new earth for His glory (See Rev. 21:24,26).

Aside from those who are born again to be sons of God, God will also preserve some humans to be the nations over which these sons of God will reign forever and ever. This mercy of His transfers some humans from this age into the coming ages to the peoples over whom the born again sons of God will carry out God's govenrment.

In chapter 4 the rainbow around God's throne is like an emerald in appearance. An emerald is a precious stone whose grass green color signifies the lives on earth. This indicates that as God is executing His judgment upon the earth, He will remember His covenant and will spare some of the lives on earth, as indicated in Genesis 9:11.

I reserve another post to discuss the rainbow in chapter 10.

The footnotes in the Recovery Version Bible are helpful on getting into these matters:

www.recoveryversion.org

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree