1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 11:543 edits
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Yes, thank you I am interested.
    I'll look up the verses...

Chapter 4,V 3. "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

Are rainbows symbolic?
    "And I saw another strong Angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon His head, and His face was like the sun, and His feet like pillars of fire; ..." (Rev. 10:1)

This another Angel should represent Christ. In the Old Testament the pre-incarnated Christ appeared as the Angel of Jehovah a number of times. See also Christ as Another Angel in 7:2, 8:3, and 18:1.

At this point He is coming down out of heaven to the earth. At this time He is clothed with a cloud and is not yet on the cloud, in contrast to Revelation 14:14 and Matt. 24:30; 26:64. On the cloud is to be seen publically. Clothed with a cloud means that Christ has arrived and is near the earth but is still concealed.

He comes close to the earth secretly and hovers near before revealing His physical presence to the world in glory.

The rainbow around His head indicates that Christ in His judgment upon the earth will keep the covenant God made with Noah concerning the earth (Gen.9:8-17). It indicates also that Christ wil execute judgment according to the God who sits on the throne with the rainbow around it in Rev. 4:2-3), the faithful and covenant keeping God.

The legs as pillars of fire represent steadfastness (pillars) and holiness (fire).
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 11:54
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Very sad :-(

When I first understood how light refracts around a raindrop, and could make my own rainbow by spraying water into the air, I understood that the story in the bible was not entirely honest.
    suicidal girl likes your answerπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    slightly less suicidal,puts the rainbow in her hands she says
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 20:00
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Research harder up until Noah's time it did not rain, water moisten the earth from underneath. So there was no need for rain. That's why nobody believed Noah that it was going to rain. So now you can be happy again.
    Interesting, I had never heard this justification before. I always thought that the story was that water droplets previously did not refract light. I have a few questions about this other explanation...

Today, water goes through a cycle: it evaporates from the sea to form water vapour in the air. It then condenses into clouds when the air pressure lowers or when air is cooled and finally, when the condensed droplets are large enough to overcome rising air currents etc, they fall as rain. This is my understanding, apologies for any technical innacuracies.

So my immediate thought is that prior to the flood, evaporation and condensation must have not occured. Obviously this means that God changed the physical beviour of water and air in order to allow rain but we'll pass that one by for the moment.

Here is my issue:

Plants take up moisture from the earth. That is fine. But they do this through capillary action, which is caused by evaporation of water from the leaves.

Mammals (including us) regulate their temperature through perspiration: the evaporation of moisture from the skin.

You might be able to say that plants would not need to take up water from the soil if their was no evaporation from the leaves but I think that nutrient transport also depends on this flow so how did plants take up nutrients?

Without evaporation from the skin, mammals must have had some other way of losing excess heat.

Surely if this were the case, there would be evidence of a change in physiology of plants and mammals after the flood?

--- Penguin.
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 20:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The covenent is simply that God promises never to destroy mankind by flood again.
    Next time it will be Fire !!! When God get's mad it's ugly.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 20:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The covenent is simply that God promises never to destroy mankind by flood again.
    ...meaning that the rainbow is a symbol for the shortcoming of god. He regrets what he just did, and promises to never do it again. He apologizes! In the game of creation he is a rookie.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 15:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ...meaning that the rainbow is a symbol for the shortcoming of god. He regrets what he just did, and promises to never do it again. He apologizes! In the game of creation he is a rookie.
    And everyone suddenly agrees with me...?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 08:37
    And everyone suddenly agrees with me...?
    more you than the other guy
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 08:53
    Originally posted by yo its me
    What dose a rainbow mean to you?
    "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth."

It's just a nice ray of colours to me....
    Nice colours hey?

Any way, the display of the rainbow is God's promise to humankind not to flood the earth with water again.

So when the rapture takes place as God promises He will, will that be just the aliens that took a view people of earth for testing our species, would that be your logical explanation?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 09:201 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Nice colours hey?

Any way, the display of the rainbow is God's promise to humankind not to flood the earth with water again.
    If the rainbow is created by god, then why are the colors in the exact right position, in the exact right order as science say it should be?
    If I were god, I would put it otherwise as a message from me to human kind.
    The rainbow is a natural phenomenon, no god is neccesary to explain it. The bible is wrong, it's a bunch of fairy tales.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 09:45
    If the rainbow is created by god, then why are the colors in the exact right position, in the exact right order as science say it should be?
    If I were god, I would put it otherwise as a message from me to human kind.
    The rainbow is a natural phenomenon, no god is neccesary to explain it. The bible is wrong, it's a bunch of fairy tales.
    Well maybe God put the colors in that specific manner so that it cannot be proven to be in another way. Its purely a design by God rainbow. And with it, a covenant. Now THAT is what science cannot figure out.

Oh well science in it self tries to prove that it is god. That way, science has created and proved everything and they cant be wrong because it is science, how can science be wrong?

Science is just another method of explaining God's inventions/creations! And this is my own words.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 10:07
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Well maybe God put the colors in that specific manner so that it cannot be proven to be in another way. Its purely a design by God rainbow. And with it, a covenant. Now THAT is what science cannot figure out.

Oh well science in it self tries to prove that it is god. That way, science has created and proved everything and they cant be wrong because it is ...[text shortened]... ence is just another method of explaining God's inventions/creations! And this is my own words.
    If god put the colors in another order, then it would be a proof of gods existance. Now it's only a proof that the laws of nature works.

Science cannot prove itself being a religion, because science and religion never mix. Science cannot, and should not, prove any religious things, it's simply not in the domain of science.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 11:54
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Surely if this were the case, there would be evidence of a change in physiology of plants and mammals after the flood?

--- Penguin.
    There was a change. Apparently there were no carnivores before the flood.

One of course wonders what God told Noah and what Noah told everyone else. "There will be these little drops of water falling from the sky! There will be so many that it will flood your whole world."

I wonder if houses were built with flat roofs before the flood.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 11:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There was a change. Apparently there were no carnivores before the flood.
    T-Rex was a carnivore. There are fossil evidence for that.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 21:36
    What does the arrangement of colors have to do with anything? God exists not because there is a rainbow but there is a rainbow because of God.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 05:16
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What does the arrangement of colors have to do with anything? God exists not because there is a rainbow but there is a rainbow because of God.
    The arrangements of the colors are the proof that it is a natural phenomenon, nothing more.
    If the colors were reversed, then it would be scientifically unexplainable and therefore of a divine origin.

God says "I create a rainbow to show you" this and that. Yet there have been rainbows million, even billion of years before. A simple trick of god to fool people. Or a nice myth, with no relevance in the real world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree