1. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 19:56
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Humanity has been around for a million+ years (slighty more than the 6000 the bible implies). Just to be fair, let's say it's 50,000 years of humanity plodding around the Earth. As a conservative estimate, let's say that humanity has devloped at least 15,000 Gods over our time on Earth. With this comes elaborate rituals, sacrifices, good, evil, dem ...[text shortened]... f humanities creative psyche? Why is Christianity any more valid than Hinduism for example?
    It's not. Your religion is what you personally believe is important. If that is accepting Jesus as your savior, you might belong in a class called Christian. If you believe there is no God but Allah, etc. - Muslim. If you believe in the Fourth Noble Truths -- Buddhist. And so on.

They are all valid, useful and (almost always) internally consistent belief systems.

I'm not sure what you mean about any of them being 'accurate'. Accurate in what way?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 23:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wait!! Is'nt saying contradictory contradictory.....well, contradictory?
    Take a remedial reading course please.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 23:14
    How was he seperated from the Father? Biblically, Christ became sin for us on the cross, thus taking on our sins himself. Then when this occured there was a seperation between the Son and the Father.
    So Christ is now forever seperated from the Father?? That's a new one; thanks for sharing.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 23:15
    Speaking of contradictions, here are a few. I think we can all find truth within certain contradictions.

The richest are the poorest.

Arid intellectualism

We all crave love but often insist on hating.

I rebel when I do good.

Revolutionaries become dictators.

Liberty is hard work.

All men slowly die as they long for life.

The most ...[text shortened]... use you.

He that humbles himself will be exalted and he that exalts himself will be abased.
    None of those are contradictions.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 00:203 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    None of those are contradictions.
    You are right, however, they sound contradictory don't they?

Edit: I have one more saying to add that I say on a bumper sticker today. It said,

"I love animals......They are delicious!!!" 😛
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 00:233 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So Christ is now forever seperated from the Father?? That's a new one; thanks for sharing.
    As well versed in the Bible that you seem to be I doubt seriously that you had not heard of this nor does it say that they were forever seperated. Perhaps you are goading me into the apparent dilemma of how God can be seperated from himself? I guess just chalk it up as being another apparent Biblical contradiction even though may not be the case. One may see past the contradiction if able to look past them as face value just like the statements I provided that seem contradictory on the surface even though we see past them well enough to know they are not contradictions after all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree