Originally posted by whodey
I think for a religion to be credible, it must have certain elements.
1. A religion in question must show where we came from and where we have been and where we are going in relation to God. For example, it must show how we were created/evolved, how God has interacted with mankind throughout time, and where God has brought us today, and where we are go ...[text shortened]... od of the Bible seems to dominate the stage of the major world religions of today. Go figure?
So if I decide that I've had a spectacular spiritual connection with a bowl of pudding I can't call my spiritual revelation a religion unless I fulfill your criteria?
OK, let's see:
1. Obviously we all came from pudding... cosmic pudding, but pudding nonetheless. God has taken the pudding and shaped it into all we see around us. Ultimately, as part of the great spiritual cycle, we will return to pudding and be one with God. God, in fact, is the pudding that holds reality together. He has shaped our universe as we would build a house, damn a river, or otherwise change our environment (and for similar reasons).
2. Truth, always a difficult thing to define as it varies from perspective. Truth is relative as are morals and ethics. Still as puddingology is simple it is closer to truth. We don't focus on historical issues, prophets and other man made issues. We simply feel
our connection with the great spiritual cosmic pudding. Afterall, what could possibly make you feel better than a nice bowl of pudding. Clearly pudding brings you closer to God.
3. Puddingology's basic principles are simple, be pudding like in your approach to life. Pudding is maleable, flowing and brings happiness and nourishment to everyone. I've never come across a pudding heathen, a pudding hater or doubter. Puddingology has given us the most simple of spiritual truths, God wants us to flow through life taking obstacles in stride and to be good too each other. No extraordinary goals, just pudding, God through pudding.
4. Puddingology takes a simple approach to God's role in humanities path through life. Basically, when you make pudding, you don't mess with it, just enjoy it, savor it's taste and feel. This is all God, the great cosmic pudding wants from us. His interaction with us will always be subtle. He wants the same thing for all of us, eternal pudding peace.
Hence, by your criteria, puddingology should be among the major religions of the world. All hail the Great Spiritual Cosmic Pudding.
Pudding unto you my Brother.