Rajk -Why did Jesus have to die on the cross?

Rajk -Why did Jesus have to die on the cross?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The saddest part is that no matter how often the words of Jesus are spoken to them or placed before them, they still either don't care or don't understand what Jesus was saying.

Jesus must have had people like them in mind in the following:

Matthew 13
14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEE ...[text shortened]... S,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
Give it up ThinkOfOneself. Those of us born again Christians know that both you and Rajk666 are lying.

Moves
14 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Utter nonsense. You live in a fools paradise.

Did you not read and understand what the Apostles said about Christian Saints who fall away back into sin and perdition? NO?

They are in a worse off position than if they did not know Christ in the first place.
Why then did Jesus command his disciples go into all the world and preach the gospel if people could be saved without it and would be better off it they hadn't heard it?

What is the point of the great commission?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jun 17

Originally posted by josephw
Give it up ThinkOfOneself. Those of us born again Christians know that both you and Rajk666 are lying.
Just to clarify, everyone who disagrees with you is a liar or delusional?

T

Moves
14 Jun 17

It seems that the very belief that an individual can be "born again" without having become righteous, i.e., no longer committing sin, is what blinds them to the words of Jesus, i.e., the gospel of Jesus.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jun 17

We quote Christ and you say we are lying. You really sound like an evil son of the Devil.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
It seems that the very belief that an individual can be "born again" without having become righteous, i.e., no longer committing sin, is what blinds them to the words of Jesus, i.e., the gospel of Jesus.
If you say you no longer commit sin, then you're lying.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 17

We quote Christ and you say we are lying. You really sound like an evil son of the Devil.
The devil can quote Christ.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Just to clarify, everyone who disagrees with you is a liar or delusional?
Don't be daft. If that's what I was saying, then I would have said that.

Are you born again Ghost? Is the Spirit of God bearing witness with your spirit that you are a son of God?

Just to be honest, you're out of your depth on this. What Rajk and Thinkofnothing are trying to do in these threads is tell those of us who have absolute assurance of salvation that we aren't really saved.

Even they themselves can't say they are sure of their salvation, which is clear evidence they have no idea what salvation even means.

I'd explain what salvation means, biblically, but I don't think you really want to know. :'(

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 17

Are you born again Ghost? Is the Spirit of God bearing witness with your spirit that you are a son of God?

Just to be honest, you're out of your depth on this. What Rajk and Thinkofnothing are trying to do in these threads is tell those of us who have absolute assurance of salvati ...[text shortened]...

I'd explain what salvation means, biblically, but I don't think you really want to know. :'(
Tell me what Jesus said about salvation.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Jun 17

Just to be honest, you're out of your depth on this. What Rajk and Thinkofnothing are trying to do in these threads is tell those of us who have absolute assurance of salvati ...[text shortened]...

Christ may have given you life insurance sir, but you still need to keep up with the premiums.

Moves
15 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Why then did Jesus command his disciples go into all the world and preach the gospel if people could be saved without it and would be better off it they hadn't heard it?

What is the point of the great commission?
Rajk why do you just conveniently ignore the questions that challenge your position?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 17

Rajk why do you just conveniently ignore the questions that challenge your position?
Your questions are nonsensical

Moves
15 Jun 17

Your questions are nonsensical
You said people can be saved without believing the gospel and only by living righteously, (which they could have done anyway before Jesus died on the cross) but before that you said Jesus died on the cross so that those who believe in him can be saved. You are just contradicting yourself at every turn. The Bible is very clear that believing in Jesus is the starting point, living righteously happens after that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 17
1 edit

You said people can be saved without believing the gospel and only by living righteously, (which they could have done anyway before Jesus died on the cross) but before that you said Jesus died on the cross so that those who believe in him can be saved. You are just contradicting yourself at every turn. The Bible is very clear that believing in Jesus is the starting point, living righteously happens after that.
What happens to people prior to Jesus and those who never heard of Jesus. God is interested in people who live righteously. Jesus told people to FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS .

Proclaiming that you know and believe in Christ yet deny Jesus's teachings makes you a mouth worshipper

Moves
15 Jun 17
1 edit

What happens to people prior to Jesus and those who never heard of Jesus. God is interested in people who live righteously. Jesus told people to FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS .

Proclaiming that you know and believe in Christ yet deny Jesus's teachings makes you a mouth worshipper
This is your dilemma: If people before Christ could life righteously and stop sinning and earn salvation through their good works, then there was no need for Christ or his death. The point is they couldn't. They used to sacrifice animals to atone for their sins, but Jesus became the final sacrifice. Now we no longer has to sacrifice animals but believe in his sacrifice.