1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '17 16:52
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Do you feel that you have a right to call someone an alcoholic, or does that only belong to the individual himself?
    Yes I do, as long as it's true and it pertains to your behaviour. And no, not if they have talked about it publicly.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '17 17:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I do, as long as it's true and it pertains to your behaviour. And no, not if they have talked about it publicly.
    There have been many times that I've drank too much and have brought on consequences. In an effort to understand myself better, I have gone to AA and have admitted to being an alcoholic.

However, through much self examination, I have now 'labeled' myself as a 'problem drinker at times', with efforts at moderation. I do not consider myself an alcoholic.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:01
    Originally posted by chaney3
    There have been many times that I've drank too much and have brought on consequences. In an effort to understand myself better, I have gone to AA and have admitted to being an alcoholic.

However, through much self examination, I have now 'labeled' myself as a 'problem drinker at times', with efforts at moderation. I do not consider myself an alcoholic.
    Interesting how you are more unequivocal about your place on the drinking spectrum than you are about being a Christian or a non-Christian.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting how you are more unequivocal about your place on the drinking spectrum than you are about being a Christian or a non-Christian.
    I noticed that ...definitely not a good sign. I hope he gets his act together and settle down.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I am going to mention it when I think you're behaving like a drunk.
    So, pretty much all the time, check.

Yet another warning to stop disagreeing with you publicly, is it?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Important to differentiate here between the man who thinks 'hey, i can sin a little safe in the knowledge that Jesus will forgive me,' and the man who strives to lead a good life but occasionally falls short. - Biblically (not personally) speaking, I don't believe Jesus will view the two the same.
    And, overwhelmingly, most Christians are of the second type, regardless of Rajk's false narrative.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sounds to me like you're still posting while drunk.
    So this IS going to be your narrative going forward?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '17 20:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether you are drunk or not, it sounds like you're posting while drunk.
    Hmmmm, looks like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree