1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 07:311 edit
    Rajk999's agenda is to take up exactly where the Pharisees left off in Acts 15.

" And certain men came down from Judea and began to teach the brothers, Unless you are circumcised according to the custom if Moses, you cannot be saved." (Act 15:1)

Rajk999 cannot get over the fact that these legalists were decided against by the early apostles and elders meeting in the conference in Jerusalem.

After the testimony of Paul and Barnabus, the fellowship of Peter, and the generally well decided decision of James, plus the letters to the churches, you would think that this legalist would be clear.

Rajk999 is still stuck in that discussion as if the entire book of Galatians doesn't exist in his Bible.

He wants to pick up the discussion right here after these corrected teachers -

"But certain men from the sect of the Pharisees who had believed rose up from among them saying, It is necessary to circumcise them and to charge them to keep the law of Moses.

And the apostles and elders were gathered together to see about this matter." (Acts 15:5,6)

You may not hear him discuss circumcision , but the legalism is exactly the same.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 07:51
    Originally posted by sonship
    Rajk999's agenda is to take up exactly where the Pharisees left off in [b]Acts 15.

" And certain men came down from Judea and began to teach the brothers, Unless you are circumcised according to the custom if Moses, you cannot be saved." (Act 15:1)

Rajk999 cannot get over the fact that these legalists were decided against by the early apo ...[text shortened]... ,6) [/b]

You may not hear him discuss circumcision , but the legalism is exactly the same.[/b]
    The events that you are referring to are referring to a specific instance, whether or not it was incumbent upon the first century Christians to get circumcised. To use this to promote a personal campaign of propaganda is quite insidious and promotes an amoral attitude that could trample once more on the sacrifice of the Christ as being worthless. Is this really what you want people to think? That no matter how the act, they can trample upon the sacrifice of the Christ again and again? No? well you had better set your house in order and address the disparity between what is required of a Christian and what a Christian can expect if they treat the sacrifice of the Christ as a cheap get out clause for willful sin.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 08:16
    Rajk999's agenda is ...
    ... and what's your agenda?
    You might be better qualified to discuss that.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 11:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No, that's not true. You know as well as I do that only atheists are qualified to discuss matters of spirituality.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 11:471 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    No, that's not true. You know as well as I do that only atheists are qualified to discuss matters of spirituality.
    Wow, glad to hear you say that. This admission of the moral superiority of atheism is a great start on the road to your own maturity as a human.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 11:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Good point. 😀
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 13:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The events that you are referring to are referring to a specific instance, whether or not it was incumbent upon the first century Christians to get circumcised. To use this to promote a personal campaign of propaganda is quite insidious and promotes an amoral attitude that could trample once more on the sacrifice of the Christ as being worthless. I ...[text shortened]... can expect if they treat the sacrifice of the Christ as a cheap get out clause for willful sin.
    The one who is trampling the sacrifice of the Christ as being worthless is Rajk999. He believes you must have faith in Christ and.....insert your own belief..
    Just like in the book "The Screwtape Letters".
    He is counting on his own good works and disregards the payment of the Christ.
    The bible says his good works are like filthy rags.
    As I pointed out to him and he completely disregarded, is that God works from the inside out, not the outside in.
    So, indeed, he is just like a Pharisee. It is all show, but inside he is full of dead mens bones.
    Matt 23:27-28
    "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
    NKJV

“We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.”

― Martin Luther
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 14:012 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The one who is trampling the sacrifice of the Christ as being worthless is Rajk999. He believes you must have faith in Christ and.....insert your own belief..
    As I pointed ou ...[text shortened]... JV

― Martin Luther
    Where do you people pick up these nonsense doctrines? There is something RIGHT about having faith in Christ AND doing good works. IT IS RIGHT. It is the teachings of both Christ and the Apostles.

Christ : Love is the passport to eternal life. Love God. Love your neighbour
    And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. (Luke 10:25-27 KJV)

Paul : The greatest quality to have of faith, hope and charity, is CHARITY.
    And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
    (1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV)

James : Faith alone without good works is DEAD.
    What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. (James 2:14-18 KJV)

John : You are a liar if you do not keep the commandment of Christ the most important of which is stated above:
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4 KJV)

As for trampling on the sacrifice of Christ you are totally contrary to the Bible. It is those who continue to sin after having received Christ ..THOSE ARE TRAMPLING ON CHRIST:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 14:06
    Rajk999's agenda is to take up exactly where the Pharisees left off in [b]Acts 15.

Rajk999 cannot get over the fact that these legalists were decided against by the early apo ...[text shortened]... ,6) [/b]

You may not hear him discuss circumcision , but the legalism is exactly the same.[/b]
    The book of Galatians is exhorting the Jews of Galatia to refrain from placing the LAW OF MOSES above the commandments of Christ. The fact that Paul is explaining that the Law of Moses is no longer in effect does not grant you [and those like you] the leeway to remove as well, the Law and Gospel of Christ.

The Gospel of Christ remains and will stay in effect until Christ returns. The gospel of Christ is about love and charity and good works which is the key to eternal life.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 15:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where do you people pick up these nonsense doctrines? There is something RIGHT about having faith in Christ AND doing good works. IT IS RIGHT. It is the teachings of both Christ and the Apostles.

[b]Christ : Love is the passport to eternal life. Love God. Love your neighbour

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Maste ...[text shortened]... ucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)[/b]
    " There is something RIGHT about having faith in Christ AND doing good works."

What does having "faith" in Christ mean to you? Just that he exists?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 15:18
    As I pointed ou ...[text shortened]... JV

― Martin Luther
    Is faith without works not dead?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 15:352 edits

On circumcision:
    ...these legalists were decided against by the early apostles and elders meeting in the conference in Jerusalem...

Overheard at the conference: "Umm... how many adult males are we going to save if we require them to... I can't even say it."

Edit: Became an issue when saving gentiles.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 15:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Is faith without works not dead?
    Yes, but the point is the motivation behind the good works.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 16:25
    Yes, but the point is the motivation behind the good works.
    Your job is, if you claim to be a Christian is to follow Christ and that means following his commandments and the advice of the Apostles which I quoted above. In case you did not notice they all said the same thing....

Good works is an essential ingredient in ones salvation. Nobody is asking YOU to judge anyone to find out what their motivation is. That is the job of Christ. Why not let him do his job and you focus on yours?

What is worse is you and your group, have twisted everything Christ said. Here are some examples:
    - you have take the parable of the Good Samaritan and said that cannot apply to us. Christ is really saying that he is the Good samaritan, totally ignoring Christ when he said "GO AND DO LIKEWISE".
    - the Matt 25 judgment where Christ cast all those who have not done good works into the lake of fire, you people claim that it applies to the tribulation period when all the Christains are already saved. So it does not apply to you.

Well I wish you people luck with your twisting .. go twist away .. have fun.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 16:36
    " There is something RIGHT about having faith in Christ AND doing good works."

What does having "faith" in Christ mean to you? Just that he exists?
    James Chap 2 answers your question. He clearly distinguishes faith from works. Read it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree