1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 02:001 edit
    The bible also tells that a person is redeemed by Christ's blood, not by good works:

King James Version
    ==============
    I Peter 1: 18, 19
    Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 02:083 edits
    RajK,
    How can you believe that your good works will earn you eternal life?

How many good works are required for you to earn eternal life?

When will you do enough good works for you to earn eternal life?

I understand that a Christian is to live sinlessly, but it has not been done by a human-being-only. It will never be done by a human-being-only on this earth. The apostles of Christ never did it. They depended on the righteousness of Christ. You must depend on the righteousness of Christ.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 02:201 edit
    RajK Typed:

RIGHTEOUS LIVING IS REQUIRED OF THE CHRISTIAN BEFORE HE RECEIVES ETERNAL LIFE.
    -----------------------------

RajK,
    If that is true, then how was Christ being truthful when he told the thief on the cross. "To day shalt thou be with me in paradise?" Luke 23:43 KJV

The man was not even baptized on this earth. What good works or sinless life did he perform to earn him eternal life?

Please name all the things that the bible says that he did other than believe in Christ before Christ told him that he would be in paradise with Christ?
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 10:092 edits
    RajK,
    Where in the bible does it expressly say, If you do "a, b and c," You are given eternal life?

I don't want verses that say people who do Christ's commands have eternal life. I want it to say, if you do Christ's commands you are given eternal life. It needs to be clear that eternal life is given expressly because of keeping Christ's commands.

Where in the bible does it show that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree