1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:591 edit
    RajK,
    Would you tell us how you personally expect to be given eternal life? If you think that you are earning it, why? What scripture actually says "if you live like Christ, you earn eternal life?"

Secondly, you will sin over and over, but Christ never sinned. So, how is it that you don't have to be sinless to earn eternal life? Do you really think that with your sinning over and over, you will earn eternal life?

Christ's sacrifice was a sinless sacrifice to earn salvation for you and everyone else. How is it that you can say you are a sinless person who deserves eternal life?

And why would Christ have to be perfect to earn salvation for everyone else? But for you to earn eternal life for yourself, you don't have to be sinless? You can continue to sin over and over as you live as a human? How can you think you will earn any eternal life with your works?

If I have to earn eternal life with my works, then how will I ever be sinless in the human life so that I can deserve eternal life? If I am given eternal life, then it will be Christ's work, not mine. It is also the same for you since you are a human being.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 04:07
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK,
    Would you tell us how you personally expect to be given eternal life? If you think that you are earning it, why? What scripture actually says "if you live like Christ, you earn eternal life?"

Secondly, you will sin over and over, but Christ never sinned. So, how is it that you don't have to be sinless to earn eternal life? Do you really thi ...[text shortened]... en it will be Christ's work, not mine. It is also the same for you since you are a human being.
    Well you can't sit back and do nothing. If that were true then all will go to heaven. There would be no point in any of it.

So you do have to DO something, and doing something, well let's think about that. If I do something, that is like work, because I have to do something. In this case it may seem as nothing to some. And to others, a hardship. Yet you still have to DO it, because if you don't you won't RECIEVE it either.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 04:321 edit
    Pudgenik,
    What works have you ever done to be given the relationship you may have with God through Christ Jesus? Did you believe in Christ as your personal Savior and ask for forgiveness of sin? Did you depend on Christ's blood to cover your sins? How is it that you earned your eternal life to begin with?

Are you saying that you have to work enough to earn eternal life. How much work is enough? Christ is sinless. Do you think that youc an be sinless in yourself? Do you think that you work everything perfectly?

Are you saying that your relationship to God depends on you instead of Christ? If God did not forgive you for your sins, you would have no relationship with God. Doing right is good and proper. But by doing it, you do not get paid, eternal life, itself. Are you thinking that you can boast of earning eternal life? Can you boast of earning a relationship to God?

King James Version
    =============

Romans 3: 10, 23 - 25
    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 05:36
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK,

Secondly, you will sin over and over, but Christ never sinned. So, how is it that you don't have to be sinless to earn eternal life? Do you really thi ...[text shortened]... en it will be Christ's work, not mine. It is also the same for you since you are a human being.
    Mr KOP, first please do not ask me any personal questions and I will not ask you any. My eternal life is between me and God. Secondly, you are famous for asking a barrage of questions and notorious for ignoring answers given. I know this is going to be fruitless but I will answer you. Here is the answer to your question What scripture actually says "if you live like Christ, you earn eternal life?"

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    (John 10:27-28 KJV)

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
    (John 12:26 KJV)

Let me translate : Those in Christ follow Christ [that means to obey his commandments as opposed to walk in a line behind him], and Christ rewards them with eternal life.

And by the way some time ago you asked me where in the Bible did Christ say that good works will get you eternal life. I answered and you ignored the answer and have not responded to this day.

Pudgenik above answered you and your response totally ignores his answer. You need to talk less and read and understand the answers which people provide.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 10:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Mr KOP, first please do not ask me any personal questions and I will not ask you any. My eternal life is between me and God. Secondly, you are famous for asking a barrage of questions and notorious for ignoring answers given. I know this is going to be fruitless but I will answer you. Here is the answer to your question [b]What scripture actually says "if yo ...[text shortened]... ores his answer. You need to talk less and read and understand the answers which people provide.
    Then you're saying that following Jesus is how you have eternal life. Is that right?

And following Jesus means to obey His commandments. Is that right?

So then, according to your belief, one is given eternal life when one follows Jesus and obeys His commandments. Did I get that right Rajk?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 11:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then you're saying that following Jesus is how you have eternal life. Is that right?

And following Jesus means to obey His commandments. Is that right?

So then, according to your belief, one is given eternal life when one follows Jesus and obeys His commandments. Did I get that right Rajk?
    What did the passages I quote from Christ say? Did you read it?

There are several roads to eternal life. The Bible also says that eternal life is a gift of God. So what those like you do is to ignore Christ and his good works instructions, and quote the 'gift of God' passages.

There is also the 'thief on the cross' way to eternal life. Someone about to die accepts Christ and they will also get eternal life.

Then there is the road for those with no law. They will also be judged by the law by which they live.

There are many other roads for all I know. What you fail to realise is that the Bible is a complete book for CHRISTIANS to understand and follow. Followers of Christ have a path to follow. If you think its by faith alone then do that. Christ will judge.

I know what you believe and you know what I believe. So this is my last post on this thread, unless Mr KOP comes up with a reply worth responding to.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 13:202 edits
    My eternal life is between me and God.

But there is a time to preach as you do and there is a time to make a "good confession" like Jesus did before Pontius Pilate. And that is speaking of your personal experience with God.

"Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold on the eternal life, to which you were called and have confessed the good confession before many witnesses.

I charge you before God, who preserves all things in life, and in Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate." ( Timothy 6:12-13)

Timothy did not stand before many witnesses and say "Well, my eternal life is my personal business between me and God." He bore witness of his personal experience in testimony and made a "good confession".

You want to follow Jesus Christ? He also did not snort out before Pilate that His personal relationship with His Father was the business between Him and the Father alone. He made a good confession.

I think you have played your personal "between me and God" card long enough here. Where is your confession of having eternal life from God ?

Are you ashamed to speak of what God has given you ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 13:43
    RajK believes "works" (holiness) is a means to salvation.
    He does not understand that salvation is a gift of God through faith in Christ alone.
    He does not understand that "works" (holiness) is a byproduct OF salvation.
    The Lord Jesus rebuked the Pharisee's for this very thing...
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 14:393 edits
    Mr KOP, first please do not ask me any personal questions and I will not ask you any. My eternal life is between me and God. Secondly, you are famous for asking a barrage of questions and notorious for ignoring answers given. I know this is going to be fruitless but I will answer you. Here is the answer to your question [b]What scripture actually says "if yo ...[text shortened]... ores his answer. You need to talk less and read and understand the answers which people provide.
    How stupid are you. You shouldn't say it's between you and God. You should tell people how to get to heaven and what they need to do so it shouldn't be between you and God! The gospel is to be shared! Jesus didn't just come for you!

If you can get to heaven with Good deeds then Jesus came to earth for nothing.

It's always been by faith. Abraham was an idol worshiper who God called out. And Abraham was before the Law! Abraham believed God and he was made righteous. Genesis: 12:1-3.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 14:51
    I would like to say that my salvation is not merely between me and God. I am a member of the Body of Christ. My salvation rests in being built up with other members in God's house.

If I had my own choice maybe I would be the Lone Ranger in independent isolation forever. But this salvation is designed and tuned to be revealed not only in a vertical love between God and I but a horizontal love between me and the other saved ones.

There is definitely a horizontal dimension to this blessing as well as a vertical one.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 17:15
    What did the passages I quote from Christ say? Did you read it?

There are several roads to eternal life. The Bible also says that eternal life is a gift of God. So what those like you do is to ignore Christ and his good works instructions, and quote the 'gift of God' passages.

There is also the 'thief on the cross' way to eternal life. Someone about t ...[text shortened]... o this is my last post on this thread, unless Mr KOP comes up with a reply worth responding to.
    "So this is my last post on this thread,.."

We can only hope! 😕

"What did the passages I quote from Christ say? Did you read it?"

I'm certain I've read it many more times than you. Condescension doesn't become you Rajk. You should give it up. You make yourself seem higher and mightier than the content of you posts reveal.

What is so odd about your "belief" about how to have eternal life is the conspicuous absents of the cross of Jesus. If having eternal life requires belief that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, as all Christians know, that belief seems to be missing from what YOU say is needed.

I think you're full of self righteousness. If you have successively obeyed all the commandments of Jesus, I'd like to hear you tell how you do it. That would be interesting to learn. If you have, then you should be able to say that you have, and you should be able to tell how you do it.

Please, don't be shy. Tell us how to keep all the commandments without fail so we can have eternal life like you.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 18:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    RajK believes "works" (holiness) is a means to salvation.
    He does not understand that salvation is a gift of God through faith in Christ alone.
    He does not understand that "works" (holiness) is a byproduct [b]OF
    salvation.
    The Lord Jesus rebuked the Pharisee's for this very thing...[/b]
    Can you quote the reference where Christ rebuked the Pharisees 'for this very thing'? I think I asked you that already but got no answer.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    My eternal life is between me and God.

But there is a time to preach as you do and there is a time to make a [b]"good confession"
    like Jesus did before Pontius Pilate. And that is speaking of your personal experience with God.

"Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold on the eternal life, to which you were called an ...[text shortened]... /b] of having eternal life from God ?

Are you ashamed to speak of what God has given you ?
    Im ashamed of people like you who call yourself Christian and yet you cannot seem to support the teachings of Christ. In fact there is one of your kind who called the teachings of Christ 'crap' imagine that!

Im here to play chess mostly. I play on average 90 games concurrently. Thats far more than all you Christians combined, who spend all day criticizing the teachings of Christ which I post.

As for confessions .. that is also between me and God so mind your own business. In any case you would not like to hear of the life I live in Christ. Rather than help you it might full you with envy.

As for preaching the Gospel of Christ .. there is just a handful of people who do that around here apart from myself. They are Pudgenik, Caljust, Kelly Jay and maybe Divegeester to a lesser extent. The JWs have more truth that Christ preached than you 'once saved always saved' believers.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 21:18
    Can you quote the reference where Christ rebuked the Pharisees 'for this very thing'? I think I asked you that already but got no answer.
    Matt 23:23-24

23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
    NKJV

Matt 23:25-26

25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
    NKJV
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 21:32
    Not commenting on anyone else here, but I'm always having to remind myself of this:

Matthew 7:13-14

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree