RBHILL's Christianity

RBHILL's Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by chappy1
This is not RBHILL's version- this is Christianity! Furthermore by works you ARE NOT saved, we are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9) but we are to do good works as an outward expression of our faith (Eph 2:10). Jesus Christ IS the ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN (John 14:6)!!
WOW!! Well written, chappy1! Thank you for laying it on the line!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by menace71
I agree today you see a superficial Christianity at least in Churches I've been to. (My experience of course not to offend others) I'd say some of this is my own guilt. What was I doing to help others? I've met some of the meanest un-welcoming people in Church too. I remember a church I attended a long time ago had a large gym. Another guy and myself tried ...[text shortened]... ot save you from hell but it shows you believe what Christ said to be true.

Manny

Manny
Say what ?
You said : "....if you truly believe the words of Christ you will do his works. Maybe this does not save you from hell ....

If you believe in Christ AND do good works, thats the recipe for salvation.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Say what ?
You said : "....if you truly believe the words of Christ you will do his works. Maybe this does not save you from hell ....

If you believe in Christ AND do good works, thats the recipe for salvation.
I said this only because some say faith alone is useless. Even The book of James talks about this. You show your faith by your works.

Manny

g

Pepperland

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by Crushing Day
WOW!! Well written, chappy1! Thank you for laying it on the line!
Are you a cheerleader?

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
Are you a cheerleader?
According to scherzo I'm a heartless monster-- pretty cool, eh?

g

Pepperland

Moves
31 May 09

According to scherzo I'm a heartless monster-- pretty cool, eh?
A heartless cheerleader, thats cool.

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
31 May 09
1 edit

Better than being a heartless monster like you!😛

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
A heartless cheerleader, thats cool.
John 8:44 (KJV)
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Looks like you and scherzo DO have something in common!!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by darvlay
RBHILL's version of Christianity which states that one need only to be "saved" to get to heaven and those who have never been afforded the opportunity to "give their lives to Christ" are damned to hell is contrary to the notion of a just, merciful and loving God.

Furthermore, the idea of good works having no bearing on your soul's salvation leads to lazy, ...[text shortened]... be what Christ intended and seems contrary to the actions of Jesus against the Pharisees.
I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
Job, 19. 25

s

England

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by duecer
we are saved by faith alone, works are a merely an outward sign or expression of our salvation
your faith is within you and between you and god, but if you hide them in darkness then you will not see the light. christ never hid his faith nor did any of his followers, there acts of compasion bear whitness to the glory of god.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by stoker
your faith is within you and between you and god, but if you hide them in darkness then you will not see the light. christ never hid his faith nor did any of his followers, there acts of compasion bear whitness to the glory of god.
so what's that have to do with my post?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jun 09

so what's that have to do with my post?
He is saying you are saved by your faith AND your works.

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Jun 09

John 8:44 (KJV)
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Looks like you and scherzo DO have something in common!!
not really, scherzo and I are completely different.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
He is saying you are saved by your faith AND your works.
no... thats not whe xhe said. I believe xhe said our acts bear witness... different thing entirely

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jun 09

no... thats not whe xhe said. I believe xhe said our acts bear witness... different thing entirely
Christ was crystal clear in what He expects from us. I appreciate your problem though. Its not an easy matter to do what Christ said to do to get salvation. Its easy to live in a fools paradise and convince yourself that proclaiming your faith is all thats required.