1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Dec '05 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

..... and some hardliners just keep on hammering on the "fact" that the Roman-Catholic Faith is all about fear and punishment ......
    When your catechism includes this, it is a hard reputation to shake:

Section 1034:
    Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost. Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire," and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"
  2. London
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 09:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    When your catechism includes this, it is a hard reputation to shake:

Section 1034:
    Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives [b]refuse to believe and be converted
    , where both soul and body can be lost. Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will g ...[text shortened]... ce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"[/b]
    Broken record. Fix.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree