RCC bans ordination of Gays and supporters..

RCC bans ordination of Gays and supporters..

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Forgotten

Moves
02 Dec 05

stuid ass rcc
i understand not having gays as priests
but wtf difference does it make if a guy wears a jock strap?
jesus h christ

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
It doesn't need to be 20 times less likely to be reported.

With a conviction rate of, say, 25% (not improbable - there is little physical evidence in these cases), it needs to be only 5 times less likely to be reported.
After this show, I will place the onus on you to demonstrate that that underreporting figure is accurate. I've already gone to the effort of providing numbers to support everything that I intended to demonstrate.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
After this show, I will place the onus on you to demonstrate that that underreporting figure is accurate. I've already gone to the effort of providing numbers to support everything that I intended to demonstrate.
My girlfriends cousin should me M&M's song today. It was like at an AA meating or something?

He wants me to get him 8 mile for Christian but I don't think his mom would like that.

l

London

Moves
02 Dec 05

It's a 25 year old local story, containing only allegations. What do you expect? It's simply not national news.

It might make national news if it were a Catholic school, because the church is a worldwide organization that people around the country have an interest in.

Alternatively, if it were occuring a few years ago at a rate of up to twice a week, with numerous court proceedings, I would expect it to be national news.
It's a 25 year old local story, containing only allegations.

And this is different from the priest abuse cases - how? Teachers/priests, administrators/Bishops, school/diocese - the similarities should be obvious.

What do you expect? It's simply not national news.

It might make national news if it were a Catholic school, because the church is a worldwide organization that people around the country have an interest in.

Would it make national news if it were a public school (which it is)? I'm sure more people around the country have an interest in the public education system.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
02 Dec 05

It is we who need to confess; and so we do.

We are the ones, whether through ignorance or lack of vigilance, or – God forbid – with knowledge, who allowed priest abusers to remain in ministry and reassigned them to communities where they continued to abuse.
I'm interested in the 'with knowledge' part of it.

So the Church has said, vaguely, that the bishops 'are the ones...with knowledge who
allowed...'

Who are these Bishops (ahem, Law) and are they still employed by the Church (that
is, money put in Church coffers being used to pay for their living)?

You say Law is 'out of commission.' Sure, he has no meaningful role in shaping the
life of the Church (thank goodness), but he still lives better than 85% of the world --
he lives in a house with heat, with plenty to eat, and with a job with no responsibilities.

It's like he's being rewarded for his great work as Archbishop of a diocese by being
given a nice, relaxing job.

A Church interested in contrition would dismiss him from their employ altogether
and press charges.

That is, if you, as bishop of a diocese, found out Father X was molesting kids, I have no
doubt that you would toss him to the curb. How different is this fromm Bishop Y, who
knowingly harbored and protected Father X?

Nemesio

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
My girlfriends cousin should me M&M's somg today. It was like at an AA meating or something?

He wants me to get him 8 mile for Christian but I don't think his mom would like that.
They do that at AA meetings?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05
3 edits

[b]It's a 25 year old local story, containing only allegations.

And this is different from the priest abuse cases - how? Teachers/priests, administrators/Bishops, school/diocese - the similarities should be obvious.

It might make national news if it were a Catholic school, because t ...[text shortened]... )? I'm sure more people around the country have an interest in the public education system.
[/b]
It's a 25 year old local story, containing only allegations.

And this is different from the priest abuse cases - how?
[/b]

You really don't know? Because the major part of the Catholic scandal occured just a few years ago, it remains unresolved, and numerous priests have been convicted and numerous bishops have admitted to the charges. Numerous legal settlements have occured. It's also a nationwide issue since the molestations have occurred nationwide.

Would it make national news if it were a public school (which it is)? I'm sure more people around the country have an interest in the public education system.
[/b]

Not really. Public education is administered locally. There can be a raging sex scandal in the education system in a neighboring county without affecting my county's system. Not so for parishes under Cardinal Law and others.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
They do that at AA meetings?
Why is that what you did at yours?

They should do that rap your problem to have some fun with it.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05

My girlfriends cousin should me M&M's somg today. It was like at an AA meating or something?

I'm giving a rec for flagrant neglect of the edit button. This one is a real piece of work.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Dec 05

I'll give that some thought. It might be a new way to pick up women at AA meetings.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

I'm giving a rec for flagrant neglect of the edit button. This one is a real piece of work.
Dr.S don't you have some chess moves to make?

By they why I am almost to 316 recs.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
02 Dec 05
3 edits

Yo dawg, I'm Hroth with a problem fo' real:
I slamz eight pints instead of each meal!
I suck on tha tapz like succulent titties;
I've pissed on tha pavement in most major cities.

I collect ASBOS like sh1t collects flies
and hang 'em between all my old OUIs
and IOUs I find myself having to write.
Fo' rizzle, I'm so drunk my rhymes isn't tight.

My ho says she's leaving and takin' tha kid.
(I did not know we had one; this must be a bid
on her part to make me look stoopid neglectful.)
SMACK SMACK! "Bitch, you should be mo' respectful!"

So brothaz and sistaz up here in AA,
listen to what yo dawg Hroth has to say!
We'll be sober tomorrow, I swear that we will
but fo' sheezy tha next round is on RBHILL!

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05

Dr.S don't you have some chess moves to make?

By they why I am almost to 316 recs.
I've probably given 100 of them. I don't know where the rest came from.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

I've probably given 100 of them. I don't know where the rest came from.
Maybe if they aren't from you they are from my Jesus freak brothers (not meaning black people).

l

London

Moves
02 Dec 05

One in five girls and one in ten boys may be sexually abused in childhood (Finkelhor 1994).

http://www.families.qld.gov.au/projectaxis/incidence.html#incidence

With a 50-50 split of boys and girls that means about 15% of children in the US are sexually abused.
72.3 million, or 26 percent of the U.S. population, were under age 18;

http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-12.pdf

That's 10 million sexually abused children.

Think 500,000 offenders account for them?