Read it LOL

Read it LOL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
29 Apr 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Nope not saying that at all. I said the Bible itself says that we cannot "lean upon our own understanding" on spiritual matters.
We do not have that ability to just pick up the bible and learn it all and able to understand it with our own mental abilities, we can't because there are a few things to consider.
First it would pretty much mean we would ...[text shortened]... active to help us learn. We need more then just our own ability to truly learn...
Well it is good to have honest teachers help aid in comprehending of the scriptures and a good understanding of the original languages can help at times too. I however also believe the spirit of God himself will open or illumine the scriptures for those who ask....it really is a spiritual thing I remember reading the bible and all it was to me was a bunch of words but after becoming a Christian I did see it in a whole new light so to speak. The bible can stand on its own and many through time have attacked its validity but my challenge is for people to just read it for themselves don't take what any here says and if they still believe it to be foolishness then so be it.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 13

Originally posted by menace71
Of course I agree you can intellectually understand the bible but the Spirit Of God will illumine it for those who ask it is also a spiritual book

Manny
I posted this on another thread that relates to this:

The Jehovah's Witnesses tell you not to lean to your own understanding, but to lean to the understanding of the Watchtower Society to teach you. But the apostle John goes on to say that we don't need anyone to teach us because the anointing of the Holy Spirit will teach us.

These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

(2 John 2:26-27 NKJV)

Is John warning us that the JWs are trying to deceive us into accepting their teachings as true? Looks like it to me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

(Proverb 3:5-6 NKJV)
Thank you, Ron.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 13

Of course I agree you can intellectually understand the bible but the Spirit Of God will illumine it for those who ask it is also a spiritual book

Manny
That's right, Once a person reaches out to God, he will lead you where you need to go next.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
That's right, Once a person reaches out to God, he will lead you where you need to go next.
Odd that for so many people that place turns out to be atheism, eh?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Odd that for so many people that place turns out to be atheism, eh?
Are you actually saying that atheists have all reached out to God?

I find that hard to believe.

(pun intended)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Apr 13

The scriptures also so "not to forsake the gathering of ourselves" because of the enlightenment and ecouragement we get from that. You cannot get that extra benifit on your own.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

The scriptures also so "not to forsake the gathering of ourselves" because of the enlightenment and ecouragement we get from that. You cannot get that extra benifit on your own.
That seems to mean to you that Christian should gather together in Kingdom Halls rather then Churches.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne

(pun intended)
Whether you believe it or not an awful lot of people reach out to god and find nothing.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne

(pun intended)
I did a long time ago. Maybe he wasn't home? Or was on the phone or something? After that I decided not to waste my time searching for god, if he wants to talk to me he can come find me.

After watching the antics in here I am now convinced that particular god doesn't exist anyway.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
I did a long time ago. Maybe he wasn't home? Or was on the phone or something? After that I decided not to waste my time searching for god, if he wants to talk to me he can come find me.

After watching the antics in here I am now convinced that particular god doesn't exist anyway.
Maybe you weren't listening.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 13

Yes this is true no argument Christians need get together with other Christians. Iron sharpens Iron

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Whether you believe it or not an awful lot of people reach out to god and find nothing.
How bout the many that say opposite ? Are they delusional ? I think many think God is a celestial Santa Clause or something to that effect....

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

How bout the many that say opposite ? Are they delusional ? I think many think God is a celestial Santa Clause or something to that effect....

Manny
The big fairy in the sky is the way some see God. So of course, they will not see any answers because their unbelief prevents it.

Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.

(Mark 6:5-6 NKJV)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe you weren't listening.
No, this alleged god just wasn't talking. And never will. Just like yours.