1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 19:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    And that's it? Her experience is different from your experience, so she is therefore not "not even close to [..] correct..."?
    Yep.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 19:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I looked at the first video and I liked what the woman said about how the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses tell their members to avoid learning about the beliefs of Christians from their point of view, as if we Christian had a contagious disease.

But in medicine to fight disease we are injected with a vaccine with a small controlled dose of the disease ...[text shortened]... cted myself with a small dose of the Watchtower disease and have become immune to that disease.
    Perhaps you missed my comment:

"Most JW's have come from other religions and know fully what they believe and taught in those churches. So most of us already know what is out there.
    For the ones who were raised as a JW, they also know what is out there because of our studies and from the ones who used to be of other religions telling them about those beliefs.
    So there is really nothing that is hid from any of us."

So again I'll say again, nothing is being hidden from us. We all know very cleary what is out there with other beliefs, opinions and teachings. All that changes is the trickery and scheems that satan uses to tear down our faith in the truth.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 19:18
    Originally posted by menace71
    So all kidding Aside........G-Man I want you to see the big picture on this bible thing. God made man's mind right? Man being able to read and all right? Then God orchestrated the book we call the bible in such a way that it was written. Words are to be read by man and comprehended by man. How does God mainly communicate with man? At least in the time and a ...[text shortened]... sal and meant for all mankind and that God can work through any medium He Chooses.

Manny
    I suppose in a perfect world Manny..but it's not.
    Satan is ruling now as we speak. God clearly in the Bible says "he will have a people for his name" which is "Jehovah" and that many will not find the narrow gate and as you know most will not find that way out of this world as we know it and gain God's protection.
    Not mine or the WTS thoughts but in your own bible.
    If a person is searching for the truth of the Bible and wants to serve Jehovah and recognize who he is including his name, then Jehovah will draw that person to him and then want to be a part of those people who actually use his name and is willing to tell others his name and his plans to others who are looking for that same future, just exactly as Jesus showed us and commanded us.
    If one is not willing to follow Jesus's words and commands, then no, Jehovah will not use that person and will not let his spirit teach them.
    Does this not make sense to you? Is it not reasonable? Why would a person as you say "open their minds" to things we know are wrong and be willing to look into them when they do not agree with the Bible and probably ruin that relationship with him? Please tell me why one should do that? Why does it make you mad or upset that we don't choose to endanger out relationship with Jehovah?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '13 20:562 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Satan is ruling now as we speak. God clearly in the Bible says "he will have a people for his name" which is "Jehovah" and that many will not find the narrow gate and as you know most will not find that way out of this world as we know it and gain God's protection.
    Not mine or the WTS thoughts but in make you mad or upset that we don't choose to endanger out relationship with Jehovah?
    You say that the Bible says "he will have a people for his name" which is "Jehovah" but others have a different poin of view. Here is another view:

Now James is a very, very Jewish guy. Notice that when he mentions Peter – he calls him Simon. [Acts 15:14-19]

"Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:

‘After this I will return
    And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
    I will rebuild its ruins,
    And I will set it up;
    So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
    Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
    Says the Lord who does all these things.’

Known to God from eternity are all His works. Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God."

James does something that I very much respect. He looks to the Scriptures with intellectual honesty, to find an answer. And he finds the answer in verses that we read in Amos Chapter 9 [Amos 9:12].

James says – look, right here in Amos, the Lord who knows all things from eternity, said that His purpose was that the rest of mankind would seek Him, no exceptions, and that all peoples could find Him, and that the Lord would take out of the world a people who are called by His name.

The Lord who forms nations is going to do a new thing. Rather than have one nation, separate from the world, defined by their ancestry or by their heritage, instead the Lord would draw out of all nations something brand new – a people not created by blood, not created by heritage, not created by geography – but a people created by an allegiance to a common name – His Name – the name of Jesus Christ.

That’s what we are – you and me, us here at Forge Road Bible Chapel – we, together with believers the world over -- are the direct fulfillment of those words from Amos -- we are a people called by His Name – we are Christians.

http://bible.org/seriespage/part-3-people-his-name-amos-95-15

Jesus said, " I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me..."

(John 5:43 NKJV)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 21:12
    You say that the Bible says "he will have a people for his name" which is "Jehovah" but others have a different poin of view. Here is another view:

Now James is a very, very Jewish guy. Notice that when he mentions Peter – he calls him Simon. [Acts 15:14-19]

[b]"Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people ...[text shortened]... I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me..."

(John 5:43 NKJV)[/b]
    "Jesus said, " I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me..."

Just don't get that scripture do you? Who's name? Not Jesus or it would have been worded different ( such as "I came in my name which is also the same as my fathers". We share the same name."
    But not even close to that strange description is it?
    But it says God's name who is Jehovah, not Jesus.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '13 21:225 edits
    "Jesus said, " I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me..."

Just don't get that scripture do you? Who's name? Not Jesus or it would have been worded different ( such as "I came in my name which is also the same as my fathers". We share the same name."
    But not even close to that strange description is it?
    But it says God's name who is Jehovah, not Jesus.
    Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "

(Acts 2:38 NKJV)

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

(1 John 5:7 NKJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

(John 1:1, 14 NKJV)

And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
    In that day it shall be—
    “The Lord is one,”
    And His name one.

(Zechariah 14:9 NKJV)

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

(Acts 19:5-6 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 May '13 19:45
    Not mine or the WTS thoughts but in ...[text shortened]... make you mad or upset that we don't choose to endanger out relationship with Jehovah?
    The bible says if you draw near to God then the devil will flee so why are you so afraid of Satan? If you do what the bible says no fear. Also I guess this is where you and I will disagree once again as the WTS and awake is not the only means by which God communicates his truths from the bible. You kinda make sound like non JWs have no chance of understanding the bible and even respecting God and wanting to know God more.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 May '13 19:50
    Do you think almighty God needs anything or anyone to communicate his truths to man? No not really!!! This is why are start to get frustrated with you guys. God does not need any group or anything. He has choosen to use his people throughout the ages and has the written word for man but it's the exclusively that you claim is how we know the WTS is not right.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '13 20:21
    Do you think almighty God needs anything or anyone to communicate his truths to man? No not really!!! This is why are start to get frustrated with you guys. God does not need any group or anything. He has choosen to use his people throughout the ages and has the written word for man but it's the exclusively that you claim is how we know the WTS is not right.
    Now you are completely taking Jesus out of the picture Manny? He is our "mediator" or the word or spokesman between humans and God, his Father Jehovah.
    This is where the trinity stars to mess you guys up and it just caught you with your comment here.

Well if you don't beieve that scripture that says "he will have a people for his name" then your picking what scriptures you want to make your beliefs work in your mind.
    Very dangerous wouldn't you agree?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '13 20:30
    The bible says if you draw near to God then the devil will flee so why are you so afraid of Satan? If you do what the bible says no fear. Also I guess this is where you and I will disagree once again as the WTS and awake is not the only means by which God communicates his truths from the bible. You kinda make sound like non JWs have no chance of understanding the bible and even respecting God and wanting to know God more.
    I've never said either one of these things so now your putting words in my mouth?
    Of course he will draw close to us as we are all his children. But it has to be within his will. And his will that Jesus explained to is is to not only first want a relationship with him, then be willing and humble to accept what he says to us in that relationship no matter how hard or uncomfortable it may be, just as Jesus said it would cause divisions and even make family members turn on us and be hated by all the nations. Do you understand what a relationship with God would probably mean? It is exactly as Jesus said it would be.
    If you and your beliefs are pretty much inline with all the other religions that as a whole are very well accepted in the world and get along with the governments and even has their leaders rub shoulders with the goverment and military leaders of the world, does that seem right to you? Tell me honestly Manny does it all seem right?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 01:061 edit
    Now you are completely taking Jesus out of the picture Manny? He is our "mediator" or the word or spokesman between humans and God, his Father Jehovah.
    This is where the trinity stars to mess you guys up and it just caught you with your comment here.

Well if you don't beieve that scripture that says "he will have a people for his name" then your pi ...[text shortened]... ures you want to make your beliefs work in your mind.
    Very dangerous wouldn't you agree?
    But those people are the Christians. That includes me, the one and only RJHinds. 😏

The Instructor
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '13 14:01
    But those people are the Christians. That includes me, the one and only RJHinds. 😏

The Instructor
    John 17:6, 26.
    New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
    6 “I have manifested (Your name) to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
    26 And I have declared to them (Your name), and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Who's name did Jesus manifest? He was not speaking of himself here but of his Father? What is the name of whom he speaking of?

Also the word "LORD" is not a name but a title so that is not the name of God.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 02:54
    John 17:6, 26.
    New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
    6 “I have manifested (Your name) to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
    26 And I have declared to them (Your name), and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, an ...[text shortened]... eaking of?

Also the word "LORD" is not a name but a title so that is not the name of God.
    Jesus (Yahshua) said He came in His father's name.

Jesus means "Yah saves" because He saves the people of Yah from their sins.

Jesus saves those people that believe on His name and follow Him - Christians.

We Christian praise the Lord God by singing and shouting His name - HalleluYah.

To believe on the name of the Father is the same as believing on the name of the Son, Jesus.

Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.”

(Revelation 11:15 NASB)

After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God;

And a second time they said, “Hallelujah! Her smoke rises up forever and ever.” And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!”

Then I heard something like the voice of a great multitude and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, “Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.

(Revelation 19:1,3,4, 6 NASB)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree