1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 08:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, this alleged god just wasn't talking. And never will. Just like yours.
    Still not listening or even asking because of your unbelief.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '13 14:57
    Originally posted by menace71
    How bout the many that say opposite ? Are they delusional ? I think many think God is a celestial Santa Clause or something to that effect....

Manny
    Delusional? I wouldn't go that far. I do feel a faint hint of ire at the oft repeated assertion that he's there if you "open your heart" or seek with "sincerity" however. It's simply not true for everybody. And if that's the case, if your god actually does exist and is available to some but not others... well, that's a bit shabby really, isn't it?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Yes this is true no argument Christians need get together with other Christians. Iron sharpens Iron

Manny
    You got that right but some here don't agree.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That seems to mean to you that Christian should gather together in Kingdom Halls rather then Churches.
    You got that right.... No where on earth I'd rather be.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 18:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You got that right.... No where on earth I'd rather be.
    Finally, confirmation that what I have been saying is true. Your spiritual teaching comes through the Kingdom Hall from the Watchtower Societies publications and their biased NWT and not from the Holy Spirit. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 19:33
    Finally, confirmation that what I have been saying is true. Your spiritual teaching comes through the Kingdom Hall from the Watchtower Societies publications and their biased NWT and not from the Holy Spirit. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I never said we didn't get our spiritual food from the WTS did I? But just because you can't see it or grasp it or understand it, does not mean it can't happen.
    Does it? No, of course not. The majority of mankind will never understand it or grasp it or see it according to the bible, even yours. So why should you be different?
    The "cramped road" is real buddy and not an easy one and few will find it, but the "wide and spacious one" is easy, smooth and you can just float from side to side, even stop and do nothing, or even make things up as you go and do pretty much as you want in your beliefs. Sounds familier huh?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 20:003 edits
    I never said we didn't get our spiritual food from the WTS did I? But just because you can't see it or grasp it or understand it, does not mean it can't happen.
    Does it? No, of course not. The majority of mankind will never understand it or grasp it or see it according to the bible, even yours. So why should you be different?
    The "cramped road" is things up as you go and do pretty much as you want in your beliefs. Sounds familier huh?
    AVOID FALSE PROPHETS

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc5sgw_avoid-false-prophets_news

Some are easy to recognize like these, but some seem like angels of light without closer examination. The WTS appears as an angel of light, but...

http://www.letusreason.org/JW6.htm

YouTube
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 May '13 20:20
    AVOID FALSE PROPHETS

Some are easy to recognize like these, but some seem like angels of light without closer examination. The WTS appears as an angel of light, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRp1vXM9qGA
    some of the women came to the house today
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 May '13 20:441 edit
    AVOID FALSE PROPHETS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRp1vXM9qGA
    YouTube

YouTube

YouTube
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 May '13 02:25
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Delusional? I wouldn't go that far. I do feel a faint hint of ire at the oft repeated assertion that he's there if you "open your heart" or seek with "sincerity" however. It's simply not true for everybody. And if that's the case, if your god actually does exist and is available to some but not others... well, that's a bit shabby really, isn't it?
    No, it IS true for everybody. Those who do not receive Him are not truly "opening their heart" to Him. Like anything else in life, you gotta want it. If you don't really want it or think you don't need it, then guess what? You're not going to get it.

If you're not going to hold up your end of the deal, if you're not coming to Him with an honest, faithful heart, then save both of you some time and don't bother. Simple as that.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 03:32
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKU1t0s4bNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ANUiU6WIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNA7NBGJWWo
    I think it was the 3rd one I watched and the first thing I see is a women who is not satisfied with the WTS and she needs to move on. If she has doubts and is not sure, just move on to some other religion that fulfills her needs.
    One of her points of concern was the warnings the elders give us about reading what we believe to be apostate material. Let me express this fact clearly. They do warn us out of love and concern that it will put doubt in our hearts about our beliefs. But we "are not ordered or else you'll be in trouble" and maybe kicked out if you do. I have never ever heard that spoken by any elder in all the Halls I've been a part of, ever for 50 years.
    So her even slightly implying this is not even close to the correct facts.
    The reason which is proven in other areas of life like in the military the inflaunce of propaganda can be a strong and influencial danger to ones exposed to it. The USA military has used in in many wars and has had success with it. It is designed to cause doubts in ones belief of their country or trust in that country. Everyone knows this and would it not make sense for a country to request it's citizens the same to not read what another opposing country might try to get them to read and possibly switch to the other side?
    Most JW's have come from other religions and know fully what they believe and taught in those churches. So most of us already know what is out there.
    For the ones who were raised as a JW, they also know what is out there because of our studies and from the ones who used to be of other religions telling them about those beliefs.
    So there is really nothing that is hid from any of us. But satan is constantly trying to pull us out of our beliefs and the faith we have in them and will constantly try new ways to twist and trick any that may not have the spiritual strength to maintain their faith. The bible refers Jesus followers as sheep. It is up to the elders or shephards of the flock to guard us from satan and this is one way it is done. If they fail at this, they would be held accountable to Jehovah and could let the flock be in danger.
    So again she needs to get a better understanding of what is going on with the elders warnings that are completely Bible based. If she has doubt and not happy with the help of the elders, then she needs to move on to another religion that is less caring.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '13 03:371 edit
    I have never ever heard that spoken by any elder in all the Halls I've been a part of, ever for 50 years. So her even slightly implying this is not even close to the correct facts.
    And that's it? Her experience is different from your experience, so she is therefore not "not even close to [..] correct..."?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '13 05:39
    I think it was the 3rd one I watched and the first thing I see is a women who is not satisfied with the WTS and she needs to move on. If she has doubts and is not sure, just move on to some other religion that fulfills her needs.
    One of her points of concern was the warnings the elders give us about reading what we believe to be apostate material. Let ...[text shortened]... the help of the elders, then she needs to move on to another religion that is less caring.
    I looked at the first video and I liked what the woman said about how the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses tell their members to avoid learning about the beliefs of Christians from their point of view, as if we Christian had a contagious disease.

But in medicine to fight disease we are injected with a vaccine with a small controlled dose of the disease in order to protect ourself. This is what happened to me. I injected myself with a small dose of the Watchtower disease and have become immune to that disease.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 May '13 05:58
    So all kidding Aside........G-Man I want you to see the big picture on this bible thing. God made man's mind right? Man being able to read and all right? Then God orchestrated the book we call the bible in such a way that it was written. Words are to be read by man and comprehended by man. How does God mainly communicate with man? At least in the time and age? Through the bible. So it is not out of the realm of possibility that a person can be spoken to by God through His word the bible outside of the WTS right? Think about this carefully I'm NOT trying to bash the WTS in this discussion but God if he is the being we believe he is can't be put into man's little mental box so to speak. My point is that the bible is universal and meant for all mankind and that God can work through any medium He Chooses.

Manny
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    02 May '13 18:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, it IS true for everybody. Those who do not receive Him are not truly "opening their heart" to Him. Like anything else in life, you gotta want it. If you don't really want it or think you don't need it, then guess what? You're not going to get it.

If you're not going to hold up your end of the deal, if you're not coming to Him with an honest, faithful heart, then save both of you some time and don't bother. Simple as that.
    No, it ISN'T true for everybody. The gross arrogance and ignorance of this assertion is repulsive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree