Reality

Reality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Stop insulting God's intelligence.
And stop pretending you're a christian, a Christian would never have used Paul's writings to contradict the words of the Christ like you and your cohorts here have done repeatedly.

Frankly, you are a Pauline, and Paul can't "save" you.
Would you be so kind as to point out specific quotations instead of just hurling around insults at random. That way you wouldn't insult your own intelligence๐Ÿ˜‰

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 May 05

...Frankly, you are a Pauline, and Paul can't "save" you.
Blah blah blah.... start a thread already. All you do is make assertions. Who cares!??

Moves
26 May 05
1 edit

Here's a few sites on dating fossils

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/dinofossils/Fossildating.html

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology/dating/

a ...[text shortened]... http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology/dating/uranium_dating.html
Do you have any idea how fossils are dated? ๐Ÿ˜ด

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
26 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Dinner and movie in the nursing home?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05
1 edit

Uranium-Thorium dating is an absolute dating technique which uses the properties of the radio-active half-life of Uranium-238 and Thorium-230. The half-life of uranium--238 is 4,470,000,000 years, that is, in that many years half of the original amount is still uranium- the other half has lost protons to form a different element which is more stable. The half-life of thorium-230 is only 75,380 years. When the amounts of uranium and thorium are compared an accurate estimation of the age of an object can be obtained.

There are various procedures which can be used with this dating technique. Two processes are Isotope Dilution Mass Spectrometry (IDMS), Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) and IDMS-Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry (TIMS). For each process the IDMS uses an element specific resin to chemically separate the uranium and thorium and remove metals, the latest development for this process is U/teva.SPEC. For any process there must be correction for Thorium-232, the common thorium which is not radioactive. However, once the corrections are made the technique has been checked with Carbon-14 dating and has been found accurate.

Uranium-Thorium dating was first used on fossil bones in 1956, however, it had been used for dating wood before this. This dating technique has been used effectively on marine sediment, bone, wood, coral, stone and soil. One of the benefits of uranium-thorium dating is that the sample sizes can be less than 20 grams, in fact bone samples can be 3-5 grams for an accurate date

One problem with the technique is the requirements for the object to be dated- it must take up uranium-238 and no thorium, then immediately be closed off so it would not be able to take in more. This is possible especially in caves, deep water and land fall areas.

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology/dating/uranium_dating.html

that's one way

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

Would you be so kind as to point out specific quotations instead of just hurling around insults at random. That way you wouldn't insult your own intelligence๐Ÿ˜‰
Matthew 25
If you aren't one of the people that try to use Paul to amend that, then I can admit I wronged you here, otherwise you're a Pauline.
An apology in advance, but only if you weren't one of them.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Blah blah blah.... start a thread already. All you do is make assertions. Who cares!??
go back to sleep

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 May 05

Uranium-Thorium dating is an absolute dating technique which uses the properties of the radio-active half-life of Uranium-238 and Thorium-230. The half-life of uranium--238 is 4,470,000,000 years, that is, in that many years half of the original amount is still uranium- the other half has lost protons to form a different element which is more stable. The h ...[text shortened]... s.

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology/dating/uranium_dating.html

that's one way
Doesn't work for dino bones. This only applies IF they find rocks containing the proper minerals. There are none present in the layers the bones are found in. The fossilized bones also don't have Carbon 14, and they would not use Carbon 14 for dino bones since they are out of range. And Carbon 14 dating is only used when there is some of the original organic material.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

Doesn't work for dino bones. This only applies IF they find rocks containing the proper minerals. There are none present in the layers the bones are found in. The fossilized bones also don't have Carbon 14, and they would not use Carbon 14 for dino bones since they are out of range. And Carbon 14 dating is only used when there is some of the original organic material.
Did you wake just to write that ? Fossils as I recall are not bones.

So go back to sleep and dream of Muffin bones.

Moves
26 May 05

Matthew 25
If you aren't one of the people that try to use Paul to amend that, then I can admit I wronged you here, otherwise you're a Pauline.
An apology in advance, but only if you weren't one of them.
Quoting Paul doesn't make anyone a Pauline any more than quoting Frogstomp makes anyone a frog. ๐Ÿ˜ด

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05
1 edit

Quoting Paul doesn't make anyone a Pauline any more than quoting Frogstomp makes anyone a frog. ๐Ÿ˜ด
Quoting Paul as an objection to Christ's own words doesn't make them a Christian either.
A Pauline by definition is a follower of the writings of Paul.
read Matt 13 , 25 , then 7.
Try and stick to Christ's words and get your own understanding of the word of the Kingdom. My own view is just that , my own view..
Nobody, not Paul or Peter or Popes, Saints, Apostles, Grandmas , singly or in a multitude should ever be allowed to come between you and the Word of the Kingdom.

no matter how boring it is to Coletti

edit and certainly not me.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 May 05

Quoting Paul as an objection to Christ's own words doesn't make them a Christian either.
Try and stick to Christ's words and get your own understanding of the word of the Kingdom. My own view is just that , my own view..
Nobody, not Paul ...[text shortened]... e Kingdom.

๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด
snort huh? wha? you say something?.... ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 May 05

Did you wake just to write that ? Fossils as I recall are not bones.

So go back to sleep and dream of Muffin bones.
Maybe your Carbon 14 dating would have made sense if they were.

Now let me get back to sleep. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
26 May 05

Maybe your Carbon 14 dating would have made sense if they were.

Now let me get back to sleep. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Moves
26 May 05

Nobody, not Paul ...[text shortened]... e Kingdom.

What makes you think that Paul's words contradict the words of Christ?

๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ˜ด