1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 03:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If somebody wants to debate, then that's fine. I have no interest in reading passages cut and pasted from the bible.

Why not ? Bible quotes can sometimes spark very vivid and interesting debate. Besides that you are on a "Spirituality" forum. If you promised yourself not to read any Bible quotes you'd better stick to the general, the debates or the clan forum, otherwise this thread will continue to be the thing that it already is, namely an attempt at anti-religion propaganda.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So Darfius...does this mean that these are "the last times"?

Are there any other Biblical predictions you'd like to make before they occur? How long are these "last times" going to be before the 'end'? What form with this end take?

You think those who live godly in Christ Jesus are suffering persecution? How about Jews and Muslims? Does ...[text shortened]... t they shall suffer worse persecution than Christians?

These 'predictions' are pretty weak.
    I must say, Thousand, ever the gentlemen even when you're trying to be sarcastic. It's appreciated.

Are you aware of the persecution Christians suffer in majority Muslim countries? The penalty for converting from Islam is death. No exceptions. Chinese Christians suffer persecution on a daily basis. America is one of the very few countries where it is safe to be a Christian, and with all the laws being passed, it is dubious as to how long that will last.

Did God predict persecution for the Jews? Yes. He warned them that every time they fell away from Him, they would suffer it. Wouldn't you say that rejecting the Messiah would be falling away from Him? Perhaps that is why the Romans felt obligated to destroy the Temple in 70 A.D., fulfilling Jesus' prophecy that "...not one turn will remain unturned." When they set it on fire, the gold on the ceiling melted and went into the cracks. The Romans took apart each brick to retrieve it.

Muslims have no place in the Bible, as they have no relationship with the only true God, so they are bunched with the atheists.

And here is a site that deals with other end time prophecies. In answer to your question, yes, I--and most other Bible believing Christians--believe we are in the end times. They began in 1948 when Israel became a nation again after 2000 years of being a scattered race (all over the world). Israel went from a few thousand Jews in the late 1800's to millions today, fulfilling the prophecy that God would collect His people from "the four corners (directions) of the earth".

http://www.harpazo.net/101/List.html
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:44
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I must say, Thousand, ever the gentlemen even when you're trying to be sarcastic. It's appreciated.

Are you aware of the persecution Christians suffer in majority Muslim countries? The penalty for converting from Islam is death. No exceptions. Chinese Christians suffer persecution on a daily basis. America is one of the very few countries where it ...[text shortened]... e from "the four corners (directions) of the earth".

http://www.harpazo.net/101/List.html
    So can you make predictions about the future based on the Bible?
  4. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 07:16

Muslims have no place in the Bible, as they have no relationship with the only true God, so they are bunched with the atheists.
    Darfius,

My well read friend. The Islamic God is the same as the Jewish God who is the same as the Christian God. You are all fighting each other in the name of the SAME GOD. What a joke!

Atheists are just that A-theist (without religion). The Muslim God is Allah. How can you bunch Muslims and Atheists together?

Henry
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 07:17
    So can you make predictions about the future based on the Bible?
    I can share with you certain predictions included in the Bible, yes. I can't tell you next week's lottery numbers.

For instance, if you'll look in my debate with Pawn, Daniel the prophet successfully predicted the world empires including Alexander the Great a couple of centuries before he was born.
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 09:27
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Darfius,

My well read friend. The Islamic God is the same as the Jewish God who is the same as the Christian God. You are all fighting each other in the name of the SAME GOD. What a joke!

Atheists are just that A-theist (without religion). The Muslim God is Allah. How can you bunch Muslims and Atheists together?

Henry
    Because the Lord Jesus Christ said that all those who were not with Him were against Him.

And no, the Muslim god is not the Christian God because the Christian God told us with prophecies who the Messiah would be. Jesus fulfilled all of them and yet Jews and Muslims relegate Him to a prophet or a demon, in direct violation of God's will.

As this makes clear, they worship a god of their choosing, rather than the God first presented to us in the Bible.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 10:15
    I can share with you certain predictions included in the Bible, yes. I can't tell you next week's lottery numbers.

For instance, if you'll look in my debate with Pawn, Daniel the prophet successfully predicted the world empires including Alexander the Great a couple of centuries before he was born.
    I mean predictions from this point on, not looking back and noticing that the Bible predicted things that already happened.
  8. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 11:08
    ... and yet Jews and Muslims relegate Him to a prophet or a demon, in direct violation of God's will.
    [/b]
    Could you please give me any Islamic or Jewish texts that describe Jesus as a demon? Prophet yes, but a demon?

Thank you,

Henry
  9. Ann Arbor, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 13:49
    America is one of the very few countries where it is safe to be a Christian, and with all the laws being passed, it is dubious as to how long that will last.
    Would you mind offering some examples of which laws you're talking about? To be honest, I can't think of a single one. (But since the vast majority of Americans -- including the president -- claim to be Christian, I doubt you'll be feeling unsafe anytime soon.)

Seems to me that far from being persecuted, Christians have long enjoyed preferential treatment in America, and (IMO) such treatment is not discernably decreasing. Perhaps what some of them perceive as persecution is merely the "leveling of the playing field" such that their faith no longer appears to be valued by the government over all others.
  10. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:50
    Because the Lord Jesus Christ said that all those who were not with Him were against Him.

And no, the Muslim god is not the Christian God because the Christian God told us with prophecies who the Messiah would be. Jesus fulfilled all of them and yet Jews and Muslims relegate Him to a prophet or a demon, in direct violation of God's will.

As this make ...[text shortened]... r, they worship a god of their choosing, rather than the God first presented to us in the Bible.
    Can you explain why Muslims are bunched with atheists but Jews aren't?
    If they're both worshipping the wrong god?
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:39
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Can you explain why Muslims are bunched with atheists but Jews aren't?
    If they're both worshipping the wrong god?
    The Jews are worshipping the right God, but their worshipping is in vain, because they rejected the part of Him that they didn't like.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 19:16
    I mean predictions from this point on, not looking back and noticing that the Bible predicted things that already happened.
    Yes, but why isn't the Alexander prediction compelling? It's a fact that Daniel wrote those in the 5th century and Alexander was born in the 3rd.

For instance, the way things are shaping up, I can predict (using the Bible) with relative assurance that the European Union will eventually become the one world government, the euro will be the currency, Damascus will soon be destroyed, Russia and Muslim countries will attack Israel and be repelled, and the Pope will likely be replaced by a pope that will want to unite all of the world religions.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Revelations 13:16-18

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." Revelations 17:1-18

The European Union consists of 25 member nations. However, the 10 original members--the Western European Union--hold all the real power. And there is one man who is High Foreign Minister, Security General of the WEU and will soon hold the office of President. The bill that gave him that power and gave the 10 nations the real power was Recommendation 666.

Notice it mentions the woman riding the beast. It is likely that Babylon means both literally and figuratively. As you may know, Saddam Hussein spent hundreds of millions of dollars rebuilding the literal city of Babylon in Iraq. All throughout the Bible, Babylon is spoken of as the most evil city in the world--the counterpart of Jerusalem--. Figuratively, Vatican City is known as the city on 7 hills. Most probably, the next pope or the one after him will be the False prophet, described as the 'little horn' in Revelations and either Solana or the next guy to take his office will be the Antichrist. Seems fantastical, but when John described a one world government with a one world (cashless!) society, he had NO idea what that was. Cashless? Credit was unheard of. With the technology we have today, chips can be implanted with ease and a cashless society is not only possible, it is PROBABLE with the way the world is headed. Same with the one world government and religion. Christianity is viewed as exclusive and intolerant, so when the evil pope will propose a unity of world religions, the Christians left will of course speak out and persecution of Christians will be widespread and tolerated, but in reality they will have the only truth.

The third and final Temple will be built in Jerusalem soon (the 2nd one was destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans). What you may not know--and this is huge--but the Sanhedrin (council of Jewish high priests and the ones who had Jesus crucified long ago) has been reconvened in Israel after 1600(!) years of being discontinued. Thier goal is to get the temple built because the Jews believe (by tradition) that their long awaited Messiah will march victoriously there. Oddly enough, the Antichrist will enter that Temple and desecrate it by sacrificing a pig and declaring himself God.

I know this all sounds fantastical, Thousand, but God is supernatural. He created time and space, so He is outside of it and while time is linear to us, He can see the beginning and end at the same time. The Bible has successfully predicted history with 100% accuracy, do we really think it will stop? For Christians though, even with this grim outlook, there is a Blessed Hope that Paul tells us about. Before the Tribulation (rise of the antichrist, last 7 years of this earth's history), true Christians will be Raptured (taken up to be with Jesus to avoid the judgement to come). However, the Tribulation shows a double purpose. It is God's judgement on this evil world (earthquakes, plagues, wars, persecutions) but it is also Him proving to the scoffing atheists once and for all that He exists. More people will come to Him during these 7 years than throughout history.

I will end this with what Paul--and our Lord Jesus through him--promised those Christians who would live in the last days long ago:

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."
    1st Corinthians 15:50-58

13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 19:181 edit
    Oh, by the way, where it says the woman is arrayed in purple, scarlet, gold and jewelry? Who does that remind you of?

Roman Catholic priests wear purple and gold all the time. The Vatican is glittered with jewelry.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:16
    Reason is winning eh?

Well at least it was before Darfius began posting his nonsense!
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:20
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Reason is winning eh?

Well at least it was before Darfius began posting his nonsense!
    Nice response. Clearly no one had a decent response to this prophecy being fulfilled before their eyes.

Woe, woe unto the inhabitants of the earth!

Expect to hear that soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree