Reason is winning

Reason is winning

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Nice response. Clearly no one had a decent response to this prophecy being fulfilled before their eyes.

Woe, woe unto the inhabitants of the earth!

Expect to hear that soon.
Which Old Testament prophet is your favorite? You seem to have some in your blood.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Reason is winning ..... lol ......

Ignorance is winning !

EDIT: To see Rwingo post in a "spirituality" forum is hilarious. There is nothing spiritual about you .... except the booze you drink .....
Interesting post, let's see now, the US is the most religious, yet it invades Iraq on trumped up non-information about WMD which were already being looked for by Blyx and turn out to be non-existant anyways, most countries have long rejected the death penalty as being barbaric and, well that's a start. Who's ignorant again?

The Apologist

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Which Old Testament prophet is your favorite? You seem to have some in your blood.
I must say Daniel is my favorite. His faith was something to be admired.

h

Cosmos

Moves
04 Mar 05

Nice response. Clearly no one had a decent response to this prophecy being fulfilled before their eyes.

Woe, woe unto the inhabitants of the earth!

Expect to hear that soon.
"Woe, woe unto the inhabitants of the earth! "

I say it now, for they are misled into believing in an all powerful entity who created them in his image. And they are fooled into thinking they have "souls" which will live on for ever in a blissfull place. And this will be guaranteed if they strap a bomb to themselves or their car and take some infidel out with themselves.
And yea the idiots killed themselves and each other, and the glory of the lord shone in the rivulets of red blood flowing into the gutter and the orange flames rising into the sky.
And other morons who believed in the same God, but a different messiah took revenge and truly did themselves extract revenge by killing in return...
And other morons who believed in the same God, but a different messiah took revenge and truly did themselves extract revenge by killing in return...
ad nauseum...ad infinity..to the end of time (or the beginning of sanity and atheism) AMEN.

The Apologist

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by howardgee
"Woe, woe unto the inhabitants of the earth! "

I say it now, for they are misled into believing in an all powerful entity who created them in his image. And they are fooled into thinking they have "souls" which will live on for ever in a blissfull place. And this will be guaranteed if they strap a bomb to themselves or their car and take some infi ...[text shortened]... ...
ad nauseum...ad infinity..to the end of time (or the beginning of sanity and atheism) AMEN.
Why do you insist on calling me a moron? And no, I wasn't fooled into anything.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
04 Mar 05

The Jews are worshipping the right God, but their worshipping is in vain, because they rejected the part of Him that they didn't like.
I'm genuinely confused now.
Jews are worshipping the right god but muslims aren't?
They both think its the same god, as I thought did most christians (don't they talk about 'the people of the book' - people who share belief in some of the bible at least).
Can you explain why Muslims are excluded?
I'm an outside observer, but this just doesn't make sense.
Is your view shared by all/most christians (I don't want to rehash the stuff about catholics not being christians etc - I mean christians in the broad sense of the word), or just your particular take on christianity (he said diplomatically).

l

London

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by Redmike
I'm genuinely confused now.
Jews are worshipping the right god but muslims aren't?
They both think its the same god, as I thought did most christians (don't they talk about 'the people of the book' - people who share belief in some of the bible at least).
Can you explain why Muslims are excluded?
I'm an outside observer, but this just doesn't make ...[text shortened]... broad sense of the word), or just your particular take on christianity (he said diplomatically).
Irrespective of what Darfius thinks about Catholics, Catholics do believe that Muslims worship (roughly) the same God.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
Interesting post, let's see now, the US is the most religious, yet it invades Iraq on trumped up non-information about WMD which were already being looked for by Blyx and turn out to be non-existant anyways, most countries have long rejected the death penalty as being barbaric and, well that's a start. Who's ignorant again?

You assume the US is a religious country with religious doctrines. Get outtahere ! The US is a liberal country with liberal ideas and doctrines. What Bush is doing is NOT exporting his Christian faith but his political liberal (yes liberal) ideas about democracy and human rights. He sells it to the political Right crowd by using religious rhetoric, but that's all.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 Mar 05
1 edit

Yes, but why isn't the Alexander prediction compelling? It's a fact that Daniel wrote those in the 5th century and Alexander was born in the 3rd.

For instance, the way things are shaping up, I can predict (using the Bible) with rela ...[text shortened]... our is not in vain in the Lord."
1st Corinthians 15:50-58

I looked for the thread where it was argued that the Bible predicted Alexander the Great's empire, but I didn't find much. Can you direct me to it more clearly? Or even better, post the relevant Biblical passages here.

I'm impressed by your concrete predictions.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Mar 05

You assume the US is a religious country with religious doctrines. Get outtahere ! The US is a liberal country with liberal ideas and doctrines. What Bush is doing is NOT exporting his Christian faith but his political liberal (yes liberal) ideas about democracy and human rights. He sells it to the political Right crowd by using religious rhetoric, but that's all.
Are you saying that christian faith has nothing in common with democracy and human rights?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
04 Mar 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Are you saying that christian faith has nothing in common with democracy and human rights?

Did I say that ?

My post must be read within the context it was made: as a reaction to another post quoted in the frame enclosed in my post. Check it out, Smart Alex.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Mar 05

Did I say that ?

My post must be read within the context it was made: as a reaction to another post quoted in the frame enclosed in my post. Check it out, Smart Alex.
You said:

What Bush is doing is NOT exporting his Christian faith but his political liberal (yes liberal) ideas about democracy and human rights

This would seem to imply that christian faith is at odds with democracy and human rights. Is that not so?

l

London

Moves
04 Mar 05

You said:

What Bush is doing is NOT exporting his Christian faith but his political liberal (yes liberal) ideas about democracy and human rights

This would seem to imply that christian faith is at odds with democracy and human rights. Is that not so?
Nope. Just (somewhat) orthogonal. Stop clutching at straws.

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
05 Mar 05

The Jews are worshipping the right God, but their worshipping is in vain, because they rejected the part of Him that they didn't like.

Israel went from a few thousand Jews in the late 1800's to millions today, fulfilling the prophecy that God would collect His people from "the four corners (directions) of the earth".
So, in one post the Jews are worshipping in vain, and in another God has collected His people.

What's it to be?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
05 Mar 05

You said:

It isn't Rwingo, but you like to assume that don't you.
You never talk about actual political developments in the world. How come ?