1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 03:04
    You know the drill by now. Please state in clear language what you believe to be the

1. Necessary conditions, or
    2. Sufficient conditions

for committing a sinful act of sodomy.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 03:34
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    You know the drill by now. Please state in clear language what you believe to be the

1. Necessary conditions, or
    2. Sufficient conditions

for committing a sinful act of sodomy.
    The biblical meaning? I believe you would have to live in the sinful city of sodom, and try to have sex with angels who are visiting Lot. Don't take the offer of the daughters, he's just trying to misderect you. Hold out for the angels, and you'll be a true sodomite.

Nyxie
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 04:21
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    The biblical meaning?
    Not necessarily. I am concerned with the meaning intended by any modern preacher who preaches the sinfulness of sodomy, or the meaning inferred by any member of the preacher's flock upon hearing such a message.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 04:24
    Not necessarily. I am concerned with the meaning intended by any modern preacher who preaches the sinfulness of sodomy, or the meaning inferred by any member of the preacher's flock upon hearing such a message.
    Well whatever could you mean then? I guess I'm out of ideas....

5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 04:291 edit
    Well whatever could you mean then? I guess I'm out of ideas....

Well, there are tons of varied findings here on the necessary and sufficient conditions for having committed sodomy.

http://www.sodomylaws.org/

Obviously, not everybody's criteria are identical. The purpose of this thread is to gain insight into people's Bible-based notions of sodomy, in particular what constitutes a sinful instance of it.
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 04:40
    Well, there are tons of varied findings here on the necessary and sufficient conditions for having committed sodomy.

http://www.sodomylaws.org/

Obviously, not everybody's criteria are identical. The purpose of this thread is to gain insight into people's Bible-based notions of sodomy, in particular what constitutes a sinful instance of it.
    I gave my biblical understanding of it.

The judicial meaning of it is to my understanding those who participate in a sexual practice involving the "back door". Trying to keep it clean we will start with three choices and eleminte the other two. Not the one we speak with, nor the one we use for primary procreation.

Nyxie
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 04:432 edits

The judicial meaning of it is to my understanding those who participate in a sexual practice involving the "back door".
    I believe that many people consider oral sex to be an act of sodomy.

http://en.mimi.hu/sexuality/sodomy.html

Your post serves to underscore the need for this thread, for your necessary conditions for sodomy are different than those of others.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 14:44
    I believe that many people consider oral sex to be an act of sodomy.

http://en.mimi.hu/sexuality/sodomy.html

Your post serves to underscore the need for this thread, for your necessary conditions for sodomy are different than those of others.
    Oral sex or, more specifically, oral sodomy? Oral sex is more of a broader definition which can include orally stimulating the genitals or the anus. To me, sodomy is specifically "backdoor" shenanigans.

For all you puritans, oral sodomy is commonly known as the rim-job or the tongue-poo.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 14:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oral sex is more of a broader definition which can include orally stimulating the genitals or the anus. To me, sodomy is specifically "backdoor" shenanigans.
    You'll note that several of the definitions found at the previous link refer to oral-genital contact as sodomy.
  10. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 14:59
    Poop-chute packin' is bad?

Interesting.

11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 15:09
    You'll note that several of the definitions found at the previous link refer to oral-genital contact as sodomy.
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to check out the link while I'm at work...
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 15:10
    Originally posted by eagles54

Interesting.

As defined by what I recall of the teachings of my church, yes, the back door is supposed to be exit only.

No parking in the brown zone.

Also Doc Scribbles is correct about oral sex. That too was considered sodomy and of course sinful by the teachings of my church. It was also illegal according to the laws of Virginia. Both oral and anal that is. Some sodomy laws have been repealed lately here though. I'm not sure which ones mainly because I never paid any attention to them.

To address the original question of this thread - I have no definition of sodomy. Much like heaven and hell, it doesn't exist.
  13. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 15:101 edit
    Quite simply, sodomy, in my opinion, is when:

you put Mr Happy in Mr Brown Eye.

EDIT: Note the "Mr"'s.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 15:113 edits
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Not yet. So far, the only sufficient conditions for sodomy that people have asserted are:

"backdoor" shenanigans
    Putting Mr. Happy in Mr. Brown Eye

and we have a hearsay assertion of

Parking in the Brown Zone
  15. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 15:16
    I offer that two consenting adults cannot engage in sodomy. Now, when one party does not consent, that is a whole 'nutha matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree