Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 07 Jun '18 22:20 / 1 edit
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
  2. 07 Jun '18 22:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
    I believe the Bible teaches that if God forgives us, then we should forgive ourselves, which is supposed to eliminate those regrets.......but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.
  3. Standard member Rajk999
    Enjoying
    07 Jun '18 22:38
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
    Too many to list.
    God has had regrets so if we have it then we are in good company
    Aviod regret by not making mistakes
  4. Standard member Rajk999
    Enjoying
    07 Jun '18 22:39
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I believe the Bible teaches that if God forgives us, then we should forgive ourselves, which is supposed to eliminate those regrets.......but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.
    The bible teaches that?
    Thats like God helps those who helps themselves?
  5. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    07 Jun '18 22:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
    Who wants to provide personal information to one of the most dishonest trolls in the forum?

    Step right up folks.
  6. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    07 Jun '18 22:48
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Too many to list.
    God has had regrets so if we have it then we are in good company
    Aviod regret by not making mistakes
    Too many to list?

    You wouldn’t list them anyway, remember? You don’t divulge or ask for personal information.

    My opinion? divegeester is simply looking for fresh trolling material when he goes on another of his Christian-bashing rampages. I’m sure his fellow atheist trolls will find any personal information disclosed in this thread quite useful as well.

    Don’t say you weren’t warned.
  7. 07 Jun '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The bible teaches that?
    Thats like God helps those who helps themselves?
    Yes, we are somehow supposed to forgive ourselves, right?
    Maybe after confession?
  8. 07 Jun '18 23:03
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I believe the Bible teaches that if God forgives us, then we should forgive ourselves, which is supposed to eliminate those regrets.......but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.
    ...but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.

    Actually that's a good sign.

    The concept that "forgiveness is there for the asking" is one of many self-serving beliefs of many Christians.

    As is the concept that "God doesn't want you to feel guilty".

    Refrain from buying into that nonsense while you still have a strong conscience intact.
  9. 07 Jun '18 23:05
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Who wants to provide personal information to one of the most dishonest trolls in the forum?

    Step right up folks.
    I am learning that part of Christian fellowship is supposed to be the sharing of each other's suffering and pain, and helping each other get through it.

    But.....we must also trust each other with that personal information. More specifically, that it doesn't get used against us.
  10. 07 Jun '18 23:08
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]...but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.

    Actually that's a good sign.

    The concept that "forgiveness is there for the asking" is one of many self-serving beliefs of many Christians.

    As is the concept that "God doesn't want you to feel guilty".

    Refrain from buying into that nonsense while you still have a strong conscience intact.[/b]
    I was referring more to me being able to forgive myself for my past regrets. It's arduous.

    I have been told that 'confession' of some kind is what leads to inner peace.
  11. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    07 Jun '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I was referring more to me being able to forgive myself for my past regrets. It's arduous.

    I have been told that 'confession' of some kind is what leads to inner peace.
    “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

    (Romans 8:1)
  12. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    07 Jun '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I am learning that part of Christian fellowship is supposed to be the sharing of each other's suffering and pain, and helping each other get through it.

    But.....we must also trust each other with that personal information. More specifically, that it doesn't get used against us.
    divegeester, who started this thread, is presently trolling and bashing a Christian woman who disclosed personal information in this forum. When she objected to his relentless abuse, he told her to file a complaint with the mods.

    I wouldn’t trust divegeester as far as I could throw him.
  13. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    07 Jun '18 23:15
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]...but for me, this is a very difficult and painful process.

    Actually that's a good sign.

    The concept that "forgiveness is there for the asking" is one of many self-serving beliefs of many Christians.

    As is the concept that "God doesn't want you to feel guilty".

    Refrain from buying into that nonsense while you still have a strong conscience intact.[/b]
    Worth noting is that ToO does not believe Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh, died for the sins of the world to reconcile mankind to God and was Resurrected.

    ToO refuses to even say if he believes in God.

    His attempt to speak for God is laughable.
  14. 07 Jun '18 23:19
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
    How do we forgive ourselves?
    This refers to your 2nd question.

    I am interested in that.
  15. Standard member Velns
    Latvian Trickster
    07 Jun '18 23:20
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    A discussion topic...

    What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

    Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

    How does one avoid regret?
    I regret leaving my home country at times, but I don’t believe in god so I’m not worried about it.