1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    divegeester, who started this thread, is presently trolling and bashing a Christian woman who disclosed personal information in this forum. When she objected to his relentless abuse, he told her to file a complaint with the mods.

I wouldn’t trust divegeester as far as I could throw him.
    I've had my share of disputes with Dive in the past, but I'm trying to start fresh here.

That said, I have NO doubt that what Suzianne posts is the truth, and as far as her personal info is concerned: it should only be discussed if she herself brings it up, and only if the discussion will benefit her.

Her pain should not be mocked.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:333 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    That said, I have NO doubt that what Suzianne posts is the truth, and as far as her personal info is concerned: it should only be discussed if she herself brings it up, and only if the discussion will benefit her.
    Suzianne has made some fantastical claims about herself, I’ve just said that I don’t believe her stories.

How is that any different from Romans1009 telling me that he doesn’t believe me about the things I say about myself?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:35
    I've had my share of disputes with Dive in the past, but I'm trying to start fresh here.
    Perhaps this is example of where regret can be a positive motivator for change?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Perhaps this is example of where regret can be a positive motivator for change?
    It seems that 'most' people will only face themselves and humble themselves enough to change.....when the pain is great enough.

Said another way, hit rock bottom, which is nothing less than big time regret, most likely.

This has been my truth.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:521 edit
    It seems that 'most' people will only face themselves and humble themselves enough to change.....when the pain is great enough.

Said another way, hit rock bottom, which is nothing less than big time regret, most likely.

This has been my truth.
    This is true and often why people turn to God at times of pain or loss. It’s true of me; in fact this was a scripture which I felt at a particular time was given me by god. I’m not sure how much I’ve learnt though to be honest...

Psalm 32:9
    Do not be like the horse or mule, which have no understanding; they must be controlled with bit and bridle to make them come to you.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 23:58
    Suzianne has made some fantastical claims about herself, I’ve just said that I don’t believe her stories.

How is that any different from Romans1009 telling me that he doesn’t believe me about the things I say about myself?
    Because you’re misrepresenting what she has said in the past and then mocking and bashing her off those misrepresentations.

Irregardless, you’re now on how many days of trolling and bashing her?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:01
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Too many to list.
    Me too.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:16
    I am learning that part of Christian fellowship is supposed to be the sharing of each other's suffering and pain, and helping each other get through it.

But.....we must also trust each other with that personal information. More specifically, that it doesn't get used against us.
    By the way, sharing pain and suffering with another person puts you in a vulnerable position, causing fear and anxiety, which is why a lot of people decide to just keep things to themselves.

Thus progress does not happen and people 'bury' their pain, only making it worse.

Trust!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:291 edit
    I was referring more to me being able to forgive myself for my past regrets. It's arduous.

I have been told that 'confession' of some kind is what leads to inner peace.
    If your regrets were bad enough that your conscience still bothers you, it's probably a good sign that it does.

What leads to true "inner peace" is true repentance. Meaning a repentance that prevents you from ever repeating it again. So not the "Sunday School" concept of repentance that seems so prevalent amongst many Christians. You know, mouthing the words "I repent. Forgive me." or what have you and repeating it again.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:421 edit
    By the way, sharing pain and suffering with another person puts you in a vulnerable position, causing fear and anxiety, which is why a lot of people decide to just keep things to themselves.
    Of course that depends on the person who you choose to share it with.

Sharing the detail of painful, emotional or traumatic incidents on the internet is not good idea as there will always be one or two bozos looking to use your revelations to score cheap points.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:46
    Of that depends on the person who you choose to share it with.

Sharing the detail of painful, emotional or traumatic incidents on the internet is not good idea as there will always be one or two bozos looking to use your revelations to score cheap points.
    But your OP asks for someone's biggest regret.

What am I missing?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 00:48
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    If your regrets were bad enough that your conscience still bothers you, it's probably a good sign that it does.

What leads to true "inner peace" is true repentance. Meaning a repentance that prevents you from ever repeating it again. So not the "Sunday School" concept of repentance that seems so prevalent amongst many Christians. You know, mouthing the words "I repent. Forgive me." or what have you and repeating it again.
    I agree.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 01:02
    I agree.
    The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is built upon true repentance. This is not true of the vast majority of Christianity.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 01:06
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is built upon true repentance. This is not true of the vast majority of Christianity.
    A renewal of the mind, which leads to respectable actions, which produces not only good 'new memories', but as you said earlier, may help one to put the past behind them.

(Because they won't repeat those actions that caused regret).
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 01:06
    A discussion topic...

What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

How does one avoid regret?
    I regret nothing, however some of my earlier life choices are cringworthy

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree