3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 02:461 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    There no part of the Bible that says this :

the Judgment Seat of Christ for believers
    and the Great White Throne Judgment for those who are Christ deniers.

You continue to make statements which have no biblical foundation.
    Those exact words? No. But the Bible does speak of two judgments - the Judgment Seat of Christ for Christians, and the Great White Throne Judgment for those who deny the deity of Christ and His Resurrection.

Meanwhile, what is the Biblical support for God deciding the eternal fate of someone after he or she has died? Why do you think the verses you quoted pertain to salvation?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 10:467 edits
    First, there is no mention of a relationship in the bible.
    Some definition helps:
    From a Google Dictionary
    re·la·tion·ship
    rəˈlāSH(ə)nˌSHip/Submit
    noun
    the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected.
    synonyms: connection, relation, association, link, correlation, correspondence, parallel, alliance, bond, interrelation, interconnection

"connected" ... the way two or more people are "connected" it says.
    "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

That's a living connection and shows a relationship between a person and the Lord Jesus.

Again - "connected, or the state of being connected."
    Jesus emphasized a state of being connected here.
    " Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15;4,5)

This reveals both a connection and being connected - a relationship of Christ and the one abiding supernaturally in Christ.

In fact the keeping of His commandments can only be carried out in a joining relationship.

The dictionary said - " , link, correlation, correspondence, parallel, alliance, bond, interrelation, interconnection "

How could this not mean fellowship with Christ is a relationship?

Look at alliance, bond ... interconnection:

The Apostle Paul says we are FIRMLY ATTACHED to the anointed One:

"But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God. He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge." (2 Cor. 1:21,22)

The believer in Christ is not only "firmly attach[ed]" to Christ but has a foretaste, a guarantee, a appetizer, a inner preview of much more enjoyment to come. He has given the Holy Spirit as a SEAL and a PLEDGE in this association.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    19 May '18 03:52
    There is some very strong irony here. Someone is spending a lot of time in this thread insulting and condemning others for not ceaselessly following Christ's commandments when, in doing so, he breaks the most important commandment of all. Repeatedly.

In the time it takes to think out and construct a mean-spirited, hostile post aimed at a fellow believer, it is yet impossible to be concurrently loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 May '18 05:03
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Getting riled?
    Annoyed. No anger involved, since bible-thumpers aren't a direct danger. They are just ridiculous.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '18 08:55
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    There is some very strong irony here. Someone is spending a lot of time in this thread insulting and condemning others for not ceaselessly following Christ's commandments when, in doing so, he breaks the most important commandment of all. Repeatedly.

In the time it takes to think out and construct a mean-spirited, hostile post aimed at a fellow beli ...[text shortened]... t is yet impossible to be concurrently loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
    Mr Sumydid.. welcome back. Which posts would you say are mean spirited?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '18 20:00
    There no part of the Bible that says this :

the Judgment Seat of Christ for believers
    and the Great White Throne Judgment for those who are Christ deniers.

You continue to make statements which have no biblical foundation.
    Why don’t you want to answer this question?

“Is there a third judgment beyond the Judgment Seat of Christ and Great White Throne Judgment?

If you don’t know, that’s fine.”
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 May '18 07:15
    Relationship with Christ V Obeying His Commandments

I still don't see why it has to be one or the other.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 07:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne

It doesn’t and isn’t - one follows the other. amigo got them in the right order; the relationship precedes obedience because obedience is most successful when done out of love and with help from God’s indwelt Holy Spirit.

Trying to be obedient to Christ’s commandments without having a relationship with Him and without believing in Him and His Resurrection is doomed to failure. The two Christ deniers are proof enough of that.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:48
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Annoyed. No anger involved, since bible-thumpers aren't a direct danger. They are just ridiculous.
    Not as bland and empty as apathists.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '18 12:40
    Originally posted by @suzianne

If there is a question you have on the topic and you would like me to address it, then ask the question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree