1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 11:25
    there have been lots of studies linking lower intelligence with religious views. on average the more religious a person is the lower their intelligence is likely to be. does this indicate that there is no need in gods world for people to be intelligent or is more of an indication that lack if knowledge means people are more likely to believe in fairy stories.
    its also been proven that on average liberals have a higher I.Q. than conservatives. which probably explains why most of the problems in this world are caused by either religion, right wing politics or a combo of the two, the ultimate in low I.Q. evil doings of a religious conservative!!! run for your lives!!!!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    there have been lots of studies linking lower intelligence with religious views. on average the more religious a person is the lower their intelligence is likely to be. does this indicate that there is no need in gods world for people to be intelligent or is more of an indication that lack if knowledge means people are more likely to believe in fairy stories.
    I would rather believe the low intelligens is the reason for low education. And low education is the reason for religosity.

Religious people here at RHP tends to be very uneducated about evolution, therefore they tend to believe religously in creationsism. It is very hard to believe in evolution, which seems to be, for uneducated people, a bit complicated. It's much more simple to believe "God did it!", and no further explanations are neccessary.

There are of course exceptions. Many religious people believe in the science of evolution, and this doesn't hinder them to have a loving relationship with god. After all, god created evolution, they say.
    Not all uneducated people have low intelligence, there can be other explanations of that. But it is rather so, that people with low intelligence have lo education, which is the reason for not being able to understand the principles of evolution.

I often ask creationsits simple questions and they tned to avoid these questions like pleague. They don't have the ability to answer them. Low intelligence? No, rather low education. Even if low education follows with low intelligence.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 13:58
    there have been lots of studies linking lower intelligence with religious views. on average the more religious a person is the lower their intelligence is likely to be. does this indicate that there is no need in gods world for people to be intelligent or is more of an indication that lack if knowledge means people are more likely to believe in fairy st ...[text shortened]... two, the ultimate in low I.Q. evil doings of a religious conservative!!! run for your lives!!!!
    You should be the Pope then.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:10
    there have been lots of studies linking lower intelligence with religious views. on average the more religious a person is the lower their intelligence is likely to be. does this indicate that there is no need in gods world for people to be intelligent or is more of an indication that lack if knowledge means people are more likely to believe in fairy st ...[text shortened]... two, the ultimate in low I.Q. evil doings of a religious conservative!!! run for your lives!!!!
    Low or high I.Q. has nothing to to with who is or is not religious. It is all
    based on teaching and knowledge, by which one can gain in wisdom and
    understanding of the truth of God. 😏
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:3210 edits
    erased.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:46
    You are correct about false religion 100%.....it is definitely the cause of most of the problems of the world along with its brother atheism..

However true religion is the only way to solve every problem on earth and I do mean every problem.

True religion is not followed in this society by mainstream ....but is only followed by a few sincere and honest souls.

There are no material solutions for each and every problem......but only a spiritual solution to solve them all in one stroke.

However when the world embraces true religion all their problems will be solved.

Sadly this is the Age of Kali and this will not happen and the universe will end its current cycle.

However a new cycle shall come forth and a new Vedic world order will be introduced as it is always introduced with every new cosmic manifestation............and all the living beings who where living in this Kali Yuga will be impregnated back into material existence to live all over again in that new cosmic manifestation.

However any persons who are sincere and honest can embrace true religion ( Vedic teachings) now in their present life and benefit.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:48
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The real issue is whether the thing believed is Truth or not.

How smart are the believers are is beside the point. Them being dumb doesn't necessarily mean its not truth nor does them being very bright do so.

And if [b]you
    were so intelligent as you assume, why do you have to start a new thread everytime you have a thought ?

I think people ...[text shortened]... ] Greek[/b] grammer you can tell me if you think the instructor is not too mentally capable.[/b]
    indeed, I always find it somewhat ironic that those calming to be erudite by secular
    standards know next to nothing about the most widely distributed book in the entire
    history of humanity, tragically comical even.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    indeed, ... the most widely distributed book in the entire
    Agree.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Low or high I.Q. has nothing to to with who is or is not religious. It is all
    based on teaching and knowledge, by which one can gain in wisdom and
    understanding of the truth of God. 😏
    do you think it is a coincidence then?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:56
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree.
    I rest my case!
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The real issue is whether the thing believed is Truth or not.

How smart are the believers are is beside the point. Them being dumb doesn't necessarily mean its not truth nor does them being very bright do so.

And if [b]you
    were so intelligent as you assume, why do you have to start a new thread everytime you have a thought ?

I think people ] Greek[/b] grammer you can tell me if you think the instructor is not too mentally capable.[/b]
    ""we skeptics and unbelievers are more educated and intelligent"is an elitist position of arrogance".
    i never actually said that. i was pointing out a statistic that says on AVERAGE!!! atheists tend to be more intelligent. its actually only about 6pts in difference. i just wondered how people on here would react to that knowledge. ive never mentioned anything on here about my intelligence, people can probably tell by my poor use of the english language that im no super brain. ive had several religious teachers in my time and fully respect their intelligence.

im not sure how starting multiple threads is a reflection of intelligence. maybe at worst an attention seeker. thread counting would be a terrible if universities adopted it to award degrees. good for linen, bad for grading intelligence.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:192 edits
    indeed, I always find it somewhat ironic that those calming to be erudite by secular
    standards know next to nothing about the most widely distributed book in the entire
    if we are going down that road. wouldnt we all need to read every book of every religion before we choose which to believe or dismiss. shouldnt believers read every paper ever written on evolution before they debunk it. by the way i have read the bible* from front to back!!!!!!!!!!!!

*the childrens illustrated condensed version, no laughing its valid!!!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And low education is the reason for religosity.
    This has to be one of the most pompously ignorant statements I've ever read on RHP.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:19
    Your problem seems to be that you know of the Holy Bible and what the
    Watchtower Society says about the Holy Bible, but you neither know or
    understand what is in the Holy Bible. 😏
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This has to be one of the most pompously ignorant statements I've ever read on RHP.
    Did you read all of my posting? Did you understand it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree