1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 05:03
    all religion is, is people wondering wth is going on and asking questions and forming hypothesis for these questions. all this took place BEFORE science. science has taken the next step in TESTING the hypothesis. we are all big boys and girls now, and i mean as a whole, the entire world; we have science, no more fairy tales. stop believing in santa clause, you will feel soooo good. you can thank yourself for all the hard work you have put in, rather than thanking god. you can pledge to yourself, rather than god. you can think for yourself and have your own morals and judgements. do yourself a favour, and just stop it. i used to believe in god btw, and i feel great.
  2. Australia
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 05:38
    What made you see the light?
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 06:05
    Originally posted by timebombted
    courage. for a very long time, i was battling ignorance but the fear was winning.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 06:10
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    all religion is, is people wondering wth is going on and asking questions and forming hypothesis for these questions. all this took place BEFORE science. science has taken the next step in TESTING the hypothesis. we are all big boys and girls now, and i mean as a whole, the entire world; we have science, no more fairy tales. stop believing in santa cla ...[text shortened]... gements. do yourself a favour, and just stop it. i used to believe in god btw, and i feel great.
    I refused to go to church with my (ultraconservative) parents when I was six... it was not logical, and I am very much logical.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 06:17
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    I refused to go to church with my (ultraconservative) parents when I was six... it was not logical, and I am very much logical.
    i was the opposite. i was 2 years old and asking my dad constantly things about god and what he was like. it was very hard for me to detach since i was started at a young age; it took me til about last year or so, i was 16.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 13:33
    i was the opposite. i was 2 years old and asking my dad constantly things about god and what he was like. it was very hard for me to detach since i was started at a young age; it took me til about last year or so, i was 16.
    Now you have seen the power of the dark side
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:49
    Originally posted by serigado
    Now you have seen the power of the dark side
    it's not the dark side; it's the right side.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:57
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Or the lack thereof?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 23:06
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Or the lack thereof?
    religion is running around in the dark. so in a sense, atheism is the light.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 23:14
    it's not the dark side; it's the right side.
    hm...
    I think it's both...
    Who said dark side was wrong?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 23:16
    Generally, however, God is described as the light. So an atheist would be bereft of the light.

I do disagree with your characterisation of religious people as primitives who superstitiously accept religion because they do not understand science. Many religious people are intelligent (on this site, too) who understand science and do not regard science as an evil to religion.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 00:14
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Generally, however, God is described as the light. So an atheist would be bereft of the light.

I do disagree with your characterisation of religious people as primitives who superstitiously accept religion because they do not understand science. Many religious people are intelligent (on this site, too) who understand science and do not regard science as an evil to religion.
    Take out those who say they are religious for family pressure or cultural accomodation.
    If by religious you are excluding these and those who say they believe something exist, but they don't know exactly what, you're left with a handful of persons.

There's a strong correlation between education and intelligence and being religious. Of course there are exceptions, but the tendency is huge.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 00:502 edits
    When famous athiest Bertrand Russell's son died, someone asked him how did life looked to him now.

He said pretty dark.

How come?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 00:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    When famous athiest Bertrand Russell's son died, someone asked him how did life looked to him now.

He said pretty dark.

How come?
    Because his son was dead? I imagine most parents would feel the same way.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 00:56
    Originally posted by serigado
    Take out those who say they are religious for family pressure or cultural accomodation.
    If by religious you are excluding these and those who say they believe something exist, but they don't know exactly what, you're left with a handful of persons.

There's a strong correlation between education and intelligence and being religious. Of course there are exceptions, but the tendency is huge.
    I think we should avoid equating intelligence with an understanding of science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree